Sign in to follow this  
Thurmal

Questions about McDermott

32 minutes ago, TheMachinist said:

Why did he become chickenshit all of a sudden? Going for field positions, punting and kicking field goals on 4th and short. I think he went back to his spineless play decisions is because of that failed 4th and goal play in the Tennessee game. He was ballsy back in that game but since that gutsy play didn't workout, he went back to his old way of playing not to lose. This team is fucked if McClappy stays as a dumb, spineless bald headed jelly fish.

He's using analytics and the offense's in-the-moment performance to inform his decisions.  If the offense doesn't roll immediately he goes conservative.  He should be more confident.  

He was conservative in his first couple of years because - wait for it - OUR OFFENSE SUCKED.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, seandelevan said:

I also think he and Beane’s construction of this roster is flawed….and it’s now finally showing. The past draft was borderline disaster. They fucking doubled down on the dumb fallacy of wE nEeD tO sAcK mAhOmeS tO gEt tO thE nExT LeVeL. And we blew our wad on the chiefs game. Good job assholes! The day we drafted Allen ive been pounding the table for surrounding him with young talent. They fucking ignored that and constructed a defensive line that is actually not good at all. Are you kidding?

Now they face 5 games with elite running games. They honestly could lose all 5.

Going small and quick on the defensive line looks to be a catastrophic decision now that it's apparent that they rarely can pressure the QB.

Funny how they could have guys like Ted Washington, Pat Williams, Sam Adams, etc. clog up the middle and still somehow rush the passer much, much better than our current crop of "athletic freaks."

• Thanks 2

The problem is McDermott has become too aggressive. They are always looking to hit the homerun on offense. It cost them the Titians game. Just be happy moving the ball with the jet sweeps, slip screens and now passes. Then, if teams come out of cover 2, hit them deep. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It is the way.

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2022 #Bowl or Bust 2021

3 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Before last season McDermott was trending toward Marvin Lewis/Marty Schottenheimer level. His M.O. was defense and being conservative. I think his teams have always been undisciplined to a certain extent and his clock/game management has always been straight up shit. 

I honestly believe he rode the coattails of Allen and Daboll last year. His D was average at best but let the offense do it’s thing until playoffs when the offense went back to being conservative. I truly believed he went to Daboll and told him “hey it’s the playoffs we need to control the ball and clock so I need you to reign it in”. The offense did not upgrade and has come back down to earth…but who cares when the defense is “elite” right?…..or so he thought. 

Also notice how MOST of those games you listed are home games? Odd. 

I also think he and Beane’s construction of this roster is flawed….and it’s now finally showing. The past draft was borderline disaster. They fucking doubled down on the dumb fallacy of wE nEeD tO sAcK mAhOmeS tO gEt tO thE nExT LeVeL. And we blew our wad on the chiefs game. Good job assholes! The day we drafted Allen ive been pounding the table for surrounding him with young talent. They fucking ignored that and constructed a defensive line that is actually not good at all. Are you kidding?

Now they face 5 games with elite running games. They honestly could lose all 5. IF that happens. IF the Bills miss the playoffs I would consider it one of the biggest choke job/disasters in franchise history and he should be on the hot seat. 

LOL - Same old Sean. Everything Bills do is bad and they will lose every game. He has been embarrassed and proven wrong time and time again but he keeps doubling down. He must like looking foolish. 

• Like 1

It is the way.

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2022 #Bowl or Bust 2021

I'm not sure it falls on McD as much as it does Daboll and Frasier. McD is average at best as a head coach. I think Frasier is average at best as a DC. He is player dependent, can't scheme, and won't or can't switch things up mid game. Daboll just isn't good. He sucked his whole career until he got Josh and then road Allen's talent. His offense has been figured out and he can't adjust, because he's a hack. RPO, RPO, RPO. Have we run anything but this year? If you pay any attention at all, WE ACTUALLY CAN RUN the ball with Allen under center, yet we almost never do. Why? Because we gotta be tricky, they're expecting us to run with Allen under center, so we can't do that. RPO, RPO, that'll keep them guessing. Until it doesn't anymore and we haven't got anything else because our whole offense is RPO!

• Thanks 1

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............

I really do like McD but there are moments where I see that he is not quite at the same level as say a. Belichick or even a Harbaugh.

One example of this is when he is about to challenge a play but instead takes a timout. That just makes no dog-gone sense.

He has a few tendencies like that which are glaring to me.

I also have absolutely no idea why Breida isn’t used more. Maybe there is a reason and we just don’t know it.

• Like 2

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

McD just isn’t that smart. Plain and simple. He’s a coordinator not a head coach. He’s just a cliche machine and does everything by the book.

Is he better than the garbage we’ve dealt with in the past? Yes a little. But it’s not by a lot.

Further, he tries to be everyone’s friend. There’s no fear for the players and they don’t respect him. That’s the problem. He’s running a country club.

I think his age and experience has something to do with it.

Look at the Coaches who win. All older, experienced, respected.

Belichick, Arians, Reid, Carroll, and if you want to go back a few years, Coughlin, Parcels, Jimmy Johnson.

This new age YOUNG coach that the NFL is trying to breed won’t work. I don’t like it one bit.

Give me the old grouchy guy who hates the media any day of the week.

• Thanks 1

I think Sean McPussy's looks also has something to do with it. Correct me if I'm wrong but have you ever seen a head coach win the Super Bowl with no hair? His bald head is holding this team back. 

• Haha 1

On 11/22/2021 at 11:33 AM, seandelevan said:

I honestly believe he rode the coattails of Allen and Daboll last year.

That could probably still work if Daboll wasn't looking like he's clueless this year

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 minute ago, HipKat said:

That could probably still work if Daboll wasn't looking like he's clueless this year

But why? How did Daboll turn into a moron over night? Again I think it’s McDermott telling him to slow it down and take it easy. I listened to an interview with Eric Wood a few days ago and he said yes, coordinators and coaches do compete against eachother and don’t want to look bad at the expense of the other coordinators unit. I bet McDermott was pissed his D was average last year. 

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Just now, seandelevan said:

But why? How did Daboll turn into a moron over night? Again I think it’s McDermott telling him to slow it down and take it easy. I listened to an interview with Eric Wood a few days ago and he said yes, coordinators and coaches do compete against eachother and don’t want to look bad at the expense of the other coordinators unit. I bet McDermott was pissed his D was average last year. 

Too bad we have pussies for owners who don't know shit about managing the teams they own. If it was me, I'd have Mcd. Beane, Daboll and Frasier in front of my desk explaining how they're going to rethink their current decision-making and how they're going to move forward. Coaching candidates come up every year. No one's job is safe.

• Thanks 1

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

4 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Too bad we have pussies for owners who don't know shit about managing the teams they own. If it was me, I'd have Mcd. Beane, Daboll and Frasier in front of my desk explaining how they're going to rethink their current decision-making and how they're going to move forward. Coaching candidates come up every year. No one's job is safe.

Exactly. I laughed when people were saying and thinking McDermott should get a lifetime contract after breaking the drought. And I’m on record saying if the Bills miss the playoffs this season…McDermott should be placed on the hot seat next year.

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

2 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Exactly. I laughed when people were saying and thinking McDermott should get a lifetime contract after breaking the drought. And I’m on record saying if the Bills miss the playoffs this season…McDermott should be placed on the hot seat next year.

Absolutely, everybody has to be held to a higher standard. That's how good teams stay good. They constantly try to better themselves

• Thanks 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

7 hours ago, seandelevan said:

If his coaching staff stays status quo and we waist another year next season, yes he should be held responsible. 

• Thanks 1

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............