Sign in to follow this  
daryls61

Bills are having trouble transitioning from the hunter to the hunted

I just get the feeling that they think they will just walk on to the field and have the same success they had last year. Difference is, teams now know they are good and, for lack of a better term, get up for games against the Bills. Their mindset has to change IMO and be ready for teams to give them their best shot. McDermott is correct when he says it is a mentality and an one on one game. Players have to win their one on one battles. 

The Bills seem to get frustrated when they struggle and instead of figuring it out, they seem to get worse. That game was over yesterday when Addison missed the sack of Wentz. They obviously could have come back but that play changed alot. Josh started pressing and the offensive kept thinking they had to score quickly even though there was still 3/4 of the game to go. Cover 2 is nothing new and it can be beat without a dominate straight forward running attack. The jet sweeps and slip and bubble screens can be just as effective.

The last thing we need to happen is to go back to the run and stop the run philosophy. We don't need to invest heavily in the OL and become a run dominate team. The OL was not the problem yesterday. Sure they could be better but see the larger picture here which is just take with what the defense gives you. 

Defensively, the Bills are not built to take on blockers straight forward, They are slashers and penetrators and I don't see that on the field. To me that is a coaching philosophy. As Bellicheat has said, sacks are overrated. It's all about pressure. 

IMO, the talent is there. It is a mindset and scheme issue that is failing the Bills. Ona positive note, TB was 7-5 last year and got smoked by New Orleans. They righted the ship and never lost again. Lets do that. 

• Thanks 1

It is the way.

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2022 #Bowl or Bust 2021