Sign in to follow this  
SackMan518

Are electric cars better for the environment? Not a chance.

2 hours ago, FanBack said:

No Shit.  It's obvious.  The unitary battery reeks of a prototype rushed into application by ideological concerns and government fiat.

We can either go through a VHS/Beta world or come up with a unified battery pack sooner than later.  There will be a standard.  The question is whether the USA wants to lead in developing the standard or follow.  If the EU car makers or China decides without our input what the standard will be, then the US auto industry will have to follow.

Government can play an important in nudging technologies and getting proof of concepts that are for the greater good over the hump and accelerating their acceptance.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, foster said:

We can either go through a VHS/Beta world or come up with a unified battery pack sooner than later.  There will be a standard.  The question is whether the USA wants to lead in developing the standard or follow.  If the EU car makers or China decides without our input what the standard will be, then the US auto industry will have to follow.

Government can play an important in nudging technologies and getting proof of concepts that are for the greater good over the hump and accelerating their acceptance.

No the government can't.   They never have.   Do you mean geniuses like the Biden administration?   

It's not just the battery pack.   It's the infrastructure transition.   BTW, NEMA would be the best way to standardize.   Surely you're not STUPID ENOUGH to suggest that the government should develop those standards. 

Does salt water or fresh water make wicker more supple?

8 hours ago, FanBack said:

There is no existential 'need'.

However, once priceloint, life cycle payoff, availability, profitability and performance outweigh the costs of infrastructure transition ( performed by an environmental assessment to include the human costs) perhaps a transition can happen. 

I wish that our current administration has performed such an assessment prior to canceling the pipeline. 

I wish that you had the experience to webster the issue intelligently. 

You are trapped by your political bigotry.

'DUH.  FANBACK THE MAGAT CANNOT BE RIGHT ABOUT ANYTHING.'

I honestly don’t think our opinions are all that different. I think the end goal is similar. The way that we get there differs. I’m more accepting of change in any way it comes and learning from mistakes rather than accepting the status quo until every bug is ironed out. It we do that then you and I both know change will never happen.

5 hours ago, FanBack said:

No the government can't.   They never have.   Do you mean geniuses like the Biden administration?   

It's not just the battery pack.   It's the infrastructure transition.   BTW, NEMA would be the best way to standardize.   Surely you're not STUPID ENOUGH to suggest that the government should develop those standards. 

Does salt water or fresh water make wicker more supple?

They can play a role in helping the marketplace decide on a standard and supporting it. 

3 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

I'm not doomsday person, but i think at the very most I'd go is a hybrid vehicle.  If shit were to hit the fan, our electric powergrid would go before our gas reserves

However, did you see how sick this Hyundai EV car looks?

https://www.motortrend.com/news/hyundai-grandeur-heritage-series-ev-restomod/

Right now I think plug in hybrid is the ultimate vehicle if you only want one vehicle.

Does that Hyundai come with Rich Corinthian Leather? (Think with your inner Ricardo Motalban).

That looks like an early 80s Chrysler lol 

1ADA5441-0419-4948-A61F-EB369252B73E.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

I'm not doomsday person, but i think at the very most I'd go is a hybrid vehicle.  If shit were to hit the fan, our electric powergrid would go before our gas reserves

However, did you see how sick this Hyundai EV car looks?

https://www.motortrend.com/news/hyundai-grandeur-heritage-series-ev-restomod/

That's a cool blend of retro and modern

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

I'd like to think I could have an intelligent debate about the possible transition from AGF to electric transit. 

Then I realize you're the same liberal assholes who voted for Joe Biden knowing he would cancel the pipeline.  That put 10,000 people out of work immediately.   Now our supply chain is broken and we're having to draw from our reserves 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 11:59 AM, f8ta1ity54 said:

Lol great comeback.

I have a dislike for conservatism. I dont care what color you are. Conservatism within the republican party is based on traditionalism for traditions sake. Usually for racists, that means to want to preserve the racial power divide in this country. Particularly in the south. For Christians, that means living under Christian values and nothing else. They want all to live under their version of the sky man or society will crumble.

Conservatives also have delusions of a meritocracy and earning everything. Which in an advanced society, it's strange that everything humans need to survive- food, shelter, healthcare- are not provided to everyone. For some reason they believe everything should be behind a paywall that only the wealthiest can afford. 

Conservatism is a fear of the "other". Because some arbitrary lines were drawn, certain people are given no rights and treated like animals. Just because they lost the birth lottery.

So sure, call me a bigot. I'm intolerant of the intolerant. I'm a bigot of bigots. But at least my bigotry has some utility in society.

Again with the Christians are the problem thing, huh? BLM threaten to burn down NYC if police do their job, but Christians are causing a divide? I haven’t seen one post from you condemning this behavior from BLM. You think that type of behavior is going get people to listen? Things are going to get much worse if society is forced to take matters into their own hands because police can’t do anything about it, but you probably feel that people should just sit back and let their businesses looted because it will some how knock down that wall between races.

• Thanks 1