Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SackMan518

Are electric cars better for the environment? Not a chance.

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, FanBack said:

See my previous post.

You see the world through a totalitarian socialist prism and have no concerns for the needs of others.   Even the needs of the society as a whole. 

A gas fill takes minutes.

LOL 

I want a democracy.

You applauded the people who showed up at the capitol building to stop a democratic process. 

Nice self own, moron.


81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, pkschul said:

Battery technology has not been been near what it was in past decades. It has finally caught up. Batteries have more range now than a full tank of gas. Sure it's slower to charge than fill a tank but how often do you use a full tank of gas on a single trip? The practicality is present now. Many work places and shopping centers even offer free charging. Fuel up for free. What's not to like about that? Much less maintenance and replacement parts are plug and play.

Bottom line:  Get back with me when the time to recharge a battery = the time to fill up a gas tank.  Otherwise, I'm not interested in switching to electric cars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

LOL 

I want a democracy.

You applauded the people who showed up at the capitol building to stop a democratic process. 

Nice self own, moron.

Still spouting misinformation, I see.

What you and others claim happened on 1/6 isn't what happened...that's why not a single soul has been charged with iNsUrReCtIoN. 

You and the leftist homos want that to be the case more than anything, but it's simply not. 

A self own is still bringing up the false narrative and trying to use it when it's been debunked and literally nobody else gives two fucks except those whackos on the left. 

Post better 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, pkschul said:

Battery technology has not been been near what it was in past decades. It has finally caught up. Batteries have more range now than a full tank of gas. Sure it's slower to charge than fill a tank but how often do you use a full tank of gas on a single trip? The practicality is present now. Many work places and shopping centers even offer free charging. Fuel up for free. What's not to like about that? Much less maintenance and replacement parts are plug and play.

I use a full tank ALL THE TIME.  Weak argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

You can get a charging station installed in your garage. The car stops charging once the battery is full. 

Really?  What's that going to cost me?  Electric cars are INCONVENIENT.  Screw "saving the planet".  Huge scam.  Get China and India to stop polluting and then we can revisit all this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Philly'sFinest said:

My buddy just got a Tesla and I won't lie...I now want one myself. 

I'm fine with going with electric vehicles, but not at the cost of intentionally crippling the oil industry and making it so that people with meager incomes are forced to either get gouged at the pump, or buy a car they can't afford.

There's also the fact that China absolutely dominates the rare earth mineral market where these batteries are manufactured. If we were large producers of these batteries and had a sizeable share of REM, then I'd be more for it.

I'm cool with doing things to help the planet be more clean and eco friendly, but it can't be ridiculously overpriced, and it must be as reliable as the energy we are accustomed to.

Get back to me when they can meet those marks 

How much is aTesla?  A new Honda CR-V (great car) is around 33 grand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

LOL 

I want a democracy.

You applauded the people who showed up at the capitol building to stop a democratic process. 

Nice self own, moron.

LOL.  You're the moron, dopey. :classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Philly'sFinest said:

Still spouting misinformation, I see.

What you and others claim happened on 1/6 isn't what happened...that's why not a single soul has been charged with iNsUrReCtIoN. 

You and the leftist homos want that to be the case more than anything, but it's simply not. 

A self own is still bringing up the false narrative and trying to use it when it's been debunked and literally nobody else gives two fucks except those whackos on the left. 

Post better 

Legal scholars say that the narrow definition of sedition charges makes it difficult for prosecutors to use them.

So it's easier to do it the way they are by charging them with other crimes.

That doesn't mean it wasn't an insurrection. 

Just admit you don't support democracy. Then you won't have to use all those mental gymnastics to justify the shit you believe.

Get smarter. Idiot.

 


81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

Legal scholars say that the narrow definition of sedition charges makes it difficult for prosecutors to use them.

So it's easier to do it the way they are by charging them with other crimes.

That doesn't mean it wasn't an insurrection. 

Just admit you don't support democracy. Then you won't have to use all those mental gymnastics to justify the shit you believe.

Get smarter. Idiot.

Why so stupid?  Commie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

LOL 

I want a democracy.

You applauded the people who showed up at the capitol building to stop a democratic process. 

Nice self own, moron.

Nice twist.  You can't defeat my arguments; you distort and transmute then into something to which you can answer. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

You consider over 1300 leaks and over 9 million gallons spilled from US pipelines since 2010 safe?

You must eat paint chips too.

Compared to how many gallons traverse pipelines?  Are you saying rail is safer?  You're definitely not a petroleum engineer. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, FanBack said:

Compared to how many gallons traverse pipelines?  Are you saying rail is safer?  You're definitely not a petroleum engineer. 

Have I mentioned rail at all? I'm talked about pipelines. What does it matter how many gallons are traversed? How many gallons have to leak before it's a problem? Give me an exact amount.


81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, FanBack said:

See my previous post.

You see the world through a totalitarian socialist prism and have no concerns for the needs of others.   Even the needs of the society as a whole. 

A gas fill takes minutes.

So? Charge your car overnight and you’re good for likely several days at a fraction of the cost. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Thebowflexbody said:

I use a full tank ALL THE TIME.  Weak argument.

No it’s not. You fill up every day? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pkschul said:

So? Charge your car overnight and you’re good for likely several days at a fraction of the cost. 

I talked to a guy who owns a tesla, he said he charged his car at work (at a hospital) and at home at night after installing his own charging station, he said he calculated it to cost less than $20 a month.


81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plug-in Hybrid electric is also a good bridge solution.
 

Generating electricity to power electric motors is a very efficient way to power a vehicle. Less wear and tear too without a transmission. 
 

It’s proven tech and can provide more than a 30% increase in mpg for most vehicles compared to a standard ICE. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pkschul said:

So? Charge your car overnight and you’re good for likely several days at a fraction of the cost. 

Not if you need the full range of 600+ miles.   The best answer is a  parallelled battery system with  swappable batteries and the supporting infrastructure.  You didn't read my original  post.   The current design of the electric car has all of the traits of being government-supported as opposed to a natural free market response to a consumer need.  

Once again, totalitarian socialists only think of their own personal circumstances and their own misguided 'ideals; they have no concern for the personal circumstances of others or the effects on the society as a whole. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

I talked to a guy who owns a tesla, he said he charged his car at work (at a hospital) and at home at night after installing his own charging station, he said he calculated it to cost less than $20 a month.

Read the above post.

Once again, totalitarian socialists only think of their own personal circumstances and their own misguided 'ideals; they have no concern for the personal circumstances of others or the effects on the society as a whole. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, foster said:

Plug-in Hybrid electric is also a good bridge solution.
 

Generating electricity to power electric motors is a very efficient way to power a vehicle. Less wear and tear too without a transmission. 
 

It’s proven tech and can provide more than a 30% increase in mpg for most vehicles compared to a standard ICE. 

For SOME people.  A hybrid 4-door is the best thing for an Urban Uber or Lyft driver.  A traveling salesman who needs a new car every 1.5 years, maybe not. 

Read my original analysis carefully.   Don't the change the argument and try to defeat a changed argument. 

Abiotic Geoligic Fueled vehicles are still superior in (non-subsidized) pricepoint, performance and range.

You do know that some commuter trains have run diesel cars in the summer?  They couldn't afford to run 100% electric during peak rates.   Makes you think; they're running diesels on tracks with electric catenaries overhead. 

In the future, society may go 100% electric and ABG fueled vehicles will be relegated to private clubs.  Like horseback riding.  We are not nearly there. 

I'm only telling you the truth.   

Governmental interference in any major technological transition can be disastrous.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pkschul said:

No it’s not. You fill up every day? 

A traveling salesman could.

 

  6 hours ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

I talked to a guy who owns a tesla, he said he charged his car at work (at a hospital) and at home at night after installing his own charging station, he said he calculated it to cost less than $20 a month.

Read the above post.

Once again, totalitarian socialists only think of their own personal circumstances and their own misguided 'ideals; they have no concern for the personal circumstances of others or the effects on the society as a whole. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FanBack said:

A traveling salesman could.

  6 hours ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

I talked to a guy who owns a tesla, he said he charged his car at work (at a hospital) and at home at night after installing his own charging station, he said he calculated it to cost less than $20 a month.

Read the above post.

Once again, totalitarian socialists only think of their own personal circumstances and their own misguided 'ideals; they have no concern for the personal circumstances of others or the effects on the society as a whole. 

You are literally describing conservatives. Vaccines are a prime example.


81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

You are literally describing conservatives. Vaccines are a prime example.

That's the narrative.   Stick with facts and science.   You have yet to prove that the majority of unvaccinated are conservative. 

Science!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FanBack said:

In the future, society may go 100% electric and ABG fueled vehicles will be relegated to private clubs.  Like horseback riding.  We are not nearly there. 

I'm only telling you the truth.   

The future doesn't just appear in one leap. It takes steps to get there


“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

 

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

 

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HipKat said:

The future doesn't just appear in one leap. It takes steps to get there

You agree with me.  Government edicts cannot bring it here any faster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FanBack said:

A traveling salesman could.

  6 hours ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

I talked to a guy who owns a tesla, he said he charged his car at work (at a hospital) and at home at night after installing his own charging station, he said he calculated it to cost less than $20 a month.

Read the above post.

Once again, totalitarian socialists only think of their own personal circumstances and their own misguided 'ideals; they have no concern for the personal circumstances of others or the effects on the society as a whole. 

Just making an educated guess here but I’d say 90+% of day to day trips all day every day fall well under the range capacity of most e-cars. Obviously there are roadblocks and certainly things that can’t yet be accomplished with them but if you think this is just a fad then you are out of touch with reality. As was mentioned plug in hybrid electrics can and will bridge that gap. Battery technology innovation is HOT in patents right now. If automobile companies are not fully invested in e-cars then they are going to be out of the market entirely in 20 years or likely much less than that.

I encourage you to go look at a Ford F-150 Lightning. Super impressive. It will power your house during a blackout.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.luxresearchinc.com/blog/patent-trends-batteries-for-electric-vehicles%3Fhs_amp%3Dtrue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...