Sign in to follow this  
seandelevan

Again…So Glad We Invested Everything in the D Line

Maybe I am watching a different game, 90% of the Bills problems are mental, There is no focus, no discipline,  To many players MAILING IT IN.

The Magic is gone. The Bills need to unify otherwise the season is lost.

Over the last 20 years the Patriots had injuries but it never stopped them from winning.

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, George said:

Maybe I am watching a different game, 90% of the Bills problems are mental, There is no focus, no discipline,  To many players MAILING IT IN.

The Magic is gone. The Bills need to unify otherwise the season is lost.

Over the last 20 years the Patriots had injuries but it never stopped them from winning.

Maybe 50/50

If the Bills TRIED harder and were more disciplined…they might have only lost by 3 today. People who study film for a living are saying, and have been saying all season, the defensive line is getting absolutely overpowered and owned.

• Thanks 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

16 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Maybe 50/50

If the Bills TRIED harder and were more disciplined…they might have only lost by 3 today. People who study film for a living are saying, and have been saying all season, the defensive line is getting absolutely overpowered and owned.

This is disheartening.

We use top 10 picks (Ed Oliver) on DLine.  Sign Dlinemen to big contracts (Star).   We use our 1st pick in 2020 on a DLine (AJ Epenesa), and then our 1st and 2nd picks in 2021 on DLine, yet we are still overpowered and a bunch of slobs?

This NFL thing is tough...

• Thanks 1

Build the OLine...

On 11/21/2021 at 6:49 PM, seandelevan said:

That’s why I say “fuck it” and been sayin that for 5 years. Instead get legit tight ends, olineman, wide outs, and running backs. Make teams that think having “studs” on the defensive line look dumb. Look at the fucking Rams. How many Super Bowls have they won with Aaron Donald? Zero. Why cant people see this? 

Look at Tampa Bays DL and what they did to Mahomes. It won them the Bowl. 

It is the way.

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2022 #Bowl or Bust 2021

1 hour ago, daryls61 said:

Look at Tampa Bays DL and what they did to Mahomes. It won them the Bowl. 

Look at the Chiefs OL. 2 starters missing on their line plus Mahomes was a gimp. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, seandelevan said:

Look at the Chiefs OL. 2 starters missing on their line plus Mahomes was a gimp. 

Still won with defense. So did Seahawks, Denver and Patriots and in that bowl, Rams held Cheats to 13 points. Sean proven wrong again. Its way too easy when he talks out of both sides of his mouth depending on what narrative he wants you to believe.

It is the way.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

2 hours ago, daryls61 said:

Still won with defense. So did Seahawks, Denver and Patriots and in that bowl, Rams held Cheats to 13 points. Sean proven wrong again. Its way too easy when he talks out of both sides of his mouth depending on what narrative he wants you to believe.

Cool. You pointed out 4 examples from the last 25 years. Daryls proven wrong again. It’s way too easy when he talks out both sides of his mouth depending on what narrative he wants you to believe.

On 11/21/2021 at 2:18 PM, seandelevan said:

And I’m glad I’m not the only one who fucking see this. Take the rose glasses off homers! 

I don't mind them drafting defense, just wish they had a defensive coordinator who was more interested in bloodying the lip of the opposing offense, instead of making sure that his defense is better at playing the all important soft zone. And to be honest, most times, that's what it looks like they attempting to play.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Cool. You pointed out 4 examples from the last 25 years. Daryls proven wrong again. It’s way too easy when he talks out both sides of his mouth depending on what narrative he wants you to believe.

Not really, just pointing out that in modern football - your stance on defense is wrong. If I wanted to go way back, I would have pointed out that the Giants best the Bills in the Bowl but that would not have been relevant to todays NFL so I didn't include that game. 

It is the way.

Beane has done a horrible job with the D Line. There is not one guy who is a stud. You can’t win like that.

He just keeps missing on guys. Oliver? Eh, not that impressed. For the 8th pick he should be dominant. Epenesa? Sucks. Rousseau? Not sure yet. Hughes? Needs a wheelchair. Star? Fat fuck. Phillips? Needs to be cut. Basham? Can’t get on the field.

It’s basically a joke. We have good numbers against shit teams. But against good teams we can’t compete. Any team with a run game will eat us alive.

• Thanks 2

On 11/23/2021 at 10:03 AM, nealpellecchia@yahoo said:

Isn't the DL McDermotts specialty?

It is suppose to be.

But our actual results don't seem to be any better than anyone else.

Build the OLine...

20 hours ago, JS12 said:

Beane has done a horrible job with the D Line. There is not one guy who is a stud. You can’t win like that.

He just keeps missing on guys. Oliver? Eh, not that impressed. For the 8th pick he should be dominant. Epenesa? Sucks. Rousseau? Not sure yet. Hughes? Needs a wheelchair. Star? Fat fuck. Phillips? Needs to be cut. Basham? Can’t get on the field.

It’s basically a joke. We have good numbers against shit teams. But against good teams we can’t compete. Any team with a run game will eat us alive.

Sadly I have a hard time countering anything you said.

1st round pick - Ed Oliver.    Top 10 pick.  Plays like a 2nd rounder.   You want someone that is a game changer if you take him top 10.

1st pick for the Bills in 2020 draft - AJ Epenesa.   Meh. 

1st round pick - Greg Rousseau - could be a keeper
2nd round pick - Boggie Basham - ehh.  who knows.

You would think with all the draft capital invested in the DLine, we would dominate.   

I don't know the answer.  I would hate to use another 1st round pick on a DLineman.....

Build the OLine...

On 11/23/2021 at 6:58 PM, jamsim67 said:

I don't mind them drafting defense, just wish they had a defensive coordinator who was more interested in bloodying the lip of the opposing offense, instead of making sure that his defense is better at playing the all important soft zone. And to be honest, most times, that's what it looks like they attempting to play.

It is clear, to my uneducated eyes, they are told to play "soft".    

For example, there are times Rousseau looks like he is not going after the QB.   More "staying home" and protecting his area.     I am sure that is how he is coached and instructed.

We need a Bruce Smith, let it rip and go get the Quarterback!       (as I sit in my armchair and make team decisions...)

Build the OLine...

21 hours ago, JS12 said:

In terms of Oliver reports say he’s doing fine except he, and the rest of the D line rotate in and out, and so he only sees 40% of the snaps. They just need to stick with dudes and let them play. 

1 hour ago, Crazy Legs said:

It is clear, to my uneducated eyes, they are told to play "soft".    

For example, there are times Rousseau looks like he is not going after the QB.   More "staying home" and protecting his area.     I am sure that is how he is coached and instructed.

We need a Bruce Smith, let it rip and go get the Quarterback!       (as I sit in my armchair and make team decisions...)

I believe they are being coached that way, and it doesn't work. I want to see the defense go out and beat the other team up for four quarters

It does have it's place though. For instance, late in the game, team is protecting a 2 (or more) score lead and you want the opposition to use the clock. What good does it do to draft defensive lineman in the early rounds, when you don't actually play defense? And this is all on McDermott and Frazier, and it's up to them to make adjustments. And I'm not sure they can, or will.

I'm sure we all sit in our armchairs and make decisions. :-)

• Thanks 1

The issue with the DL lies with Eric Washington. The players skills and abilities are not being used correctly. 

It is the way.

On 11/21/2021 at 7:04 PM, seandelevan said:

Just fucking surround your franchise qb with talent. oline, WR, RB, TE…I don’t care. I’ve been saying this the second they drafted JOsH Fucking Allen! Instead they went overboard and drafted Edmunds, Phillips, Oliver, Epensea, Rousseau, Basham…etc etc. FUUUUUCCCCK how many of you would trade one or two of those guys for a stud on the line? Or a J. Taylor? Or another stud WR opposite of Diggs? I just can’t believe shit I was worried about 3-4 years ago is coming to fruition. I made a fucking thread last year how I was worried about Allen becoming Aaron Rodgers. Green Bay drafting pick after pick after pick on defensive players. FUCK!

Yep, and they also drafted Knox, Moss, Singletary, Brown, Davis, traded for Diggs and signed Moorse, Feliciano, Williams, Smoke, COALVID-11 and Enter Sandman. 

• Finger 1

It is the way.

10 hours ago, daryls61 said:

The issue with the DL lies with Eric Washington. The players skills and abilities are not being used correctly. 

I would think that the issue lies with Frazier, or even McDermott. Wouldn't the DL coach be carrying out their orders?

Washington has done some good things (Carolina connection again). The question is, why not with the Bill's? They're getting the guys they want (one would hope), you would think they'd be able to make them at least competent. But when they should be attacking the opposing offense, they seem to be holding back. Why?

My thought is the DL should me at least flashing individually and they are not. TO me that is a position coach issue but I agree, the scheme is bad for the type of players they have. 

• Thanks 2

It is the way.

On 11/21/2021 at 7:01 PM, Crazy Legs said:

Again…So Glad We Invested Everything in the D Line

It must be the scheme / coaching.   I think the talent is there. 

Ding Ding Ding ... Exactly

This is a good team, being coached poorly. And on both sides of the ball.

• Thanks 1