Sign in to follow this  
Woody

Dem Nadler Calls on DOJ to Review Rittenhouse Verdict

Of course, democrats and gonna democrat.  :niterider:

794b28330ecf3c67.jpeg

Judiciary chairman calls not guilty verdict a 'miscarriage of justice'

Rep. Jerry Nadler (D., N.Y.), the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, called on the Justice Department to review the not guilty verdict in the Kyle Rittenhouse case, calling it a "miscarriage of justice."

Nadler pushed a debunked claim about Rittenhouse in his call for the federal review, saying that the teenager was "armed" when he crossed state lines to attend a protest in Kenosha, Wis., where he fatally shot two men and wounded another.

Rittenhouse, who was 17 years old at the time of the incident, said he shot the men in self-defense after they attacked and threatened him at a protest over the police shooting of Jacob Blake. Rittenhouse, an Illinois native, claimed he went to Kenosha to protect small businesses from riots that erupted following Blake's shooting.

A jury acquitted Rittenhouse of all charges Friday. Nadler called the verdict "heartbreaking" and said it set a "dangerous precedent" that warranted federal review. He asserted that Rittenhouse crossed state lines "looking for trouble." He also suggested that Rittenhouse targeted people engaged in "First Amendment-protected protest."

Rittenhouse's critics claimed in the lead up to the trial that he acted as a vigilante, in part by crossing from Illinois to Wisconsin with his gun in tow. But the claim was debunked at trial. Rittenhouse, who testified in his own defense, said he picked up his gun at a friend's house in Kenosha after driving there from Illinois. The friend, Dominick Black, corroborated Rittenhouse's statement in his testimony as a witness for the prosecution.

Nadler did not specify which division of the Justice Department he wants to investigate the Rittenhouse case. The Justice Department did not respond to a request for comment. The criminal division would likely oversee any investigation involving transportation of firearms, while the civil rights division would be in charge of any probe into First Amendment rights violations by Rittenhouse.

Kristen Clarke, the head of the civil rights division, referred to Rittenhouse as a "white armed extremist" in a social media post last year. She called Rittenhouse a murderer in another post.

LINK

• Like 1

What does that sign say next to him?

“I ate Orlando” ? 

Hawaiin Judge Rittenhouse.jpeg

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

16 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Why? It's so hypocritical. If Democrats expect Republicans to abide by the election last year then they need to abide by the jury's decision in this case.

It's just stupid. People can argue about whether Kyle Rittenhouse should have been there or not and maybe that's something they can deal with in a civil trial but when it comes to the law, the bottom line is he was being chased and that put him in a defensive posture which gave him every right to defend himself especially when at least one of the people he shot was waving a gun in his face.

There's no argument here. I've had enough of people whining over nothing, especially nothing they have any control over.

After reading up on  Rosenbaum - we'll you couldn't get a guilty verdict out of me for that one regardless of the circumstances. 

I’m really surprised the Arbery trial isn’t pimped more than this one. It has whitey killing a black man.

but I think they might be pushing the white nationalist threat more than the trigger-happy white boy kills innocent young black man.

1 minute ago, jc856 said:

I’m really surprised the Arbery trial isn’t pimped more than this one. It has whitey killing a black man.

but I think they might be pushing the white nationalist threat more than the trigger-happy white boy kills innocent young black man.

The globohomos hate self defense, especially when it involves deadly force.  The Arbery case lacks the self-defense element.  :niterider:

31 minutes ago, FanBack said:

After reading up on  Rosenbaum - we'll you couldn't get a guilty verdict out of me for that one regardless of the circumstances. 

But.. but.. little Joey is a HERO!  He would never hurt a 17 year old kid!

2288fbd3-4ce8-4dc7-a306-111f72d2ed9b.jpg

27 minutes ago, Woody said:

The globohomos hate self defense, especially when it involves deadly force.  The Arbery case lacks the self-defense element.  :niterider:

I've been listening to that case on Sirius XM while the other trial was in deliberation and the problem here is that these three idiots are beyond guilty. The prosecutor tore the one dude right down the middle yesterday. The son. Bottom line is I think there have been enough white on black crimes in the media and maybe they're trying to shift the focus a little bit

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 hour ago, HipKat said:

I've been listening to that case on Sirius XM while the other trial was in deliberation and the problem here is that these three idiots are beyond guilty. The prosecutor tore the one dude right down the middle yesterday. The son. Bottom line is I think there have been enough white on black crimes in the media and maybe they're trying to shift the focus a little bit

Well if that were the case they could have at least gave us some coverage of the Ghislaine Maxwell trial. Ha!  :niterider:

Jack Nicholson GIF by Maudit

40 minutes ago, Woody said:

Well if that were the case they could have at least gave us some coverage of the Ghislaine Maxwell trial. Ha!  :niterider:

Jack Nicholson GIF by Maudit

A friend of mine brought that up on FB but I guess pedo-Maxwell isn't as good a sell as a potential riot inducing verdict

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

4 hours ago, Woody said:

Of course, democrats and gonna democrat.  :niterider:

794b28330ecf3c67.jpeg

Judiciary chairman calls not guilty verdict a 'miscarriage of justice'

Rep. Jerry Nadler (D., N.Y.), the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, called on the Justice Department to review the not guilty verdict in the Kyle Rittenhouse case, calling it a "miscarriage of justice."

Nadler pushed a debunked claim about Rittenhouse in his call for the federal review, saying that the teenager was "armed" when he crossed state lines to attend a protest in Kenosha, Wis., where he fatally shot two men and wounded another.

Rittenhouse, who was 17 years old at the time of the incident, said he shot the men in self-defense after they attacked and threatened him at a protest over the police shooting of Jacob Blake. Rittenhouse, an Illinois native, claimed he went to Kenosha to protect small businesses from riots that erupted following Blake's shooting.

A jury acquitted Rittenhouse of all charges Friday. Nadler called the verdict "heartbreaking" and said it set a "dangerous precedent" that warranted federal review. He asserted that Rittenhouse crossed state lines "looking for trouble." He also suggested that Rittenhouse targeted people engaged in "First Amendment-protected protest."

Rittenhouse's critics claimed in the lead up to the trial that he acted as a vigilante, in part by crossing from Illinois to Wisconsin with his gun in tow. But the claim was debunked at trial. Rittenhouse, who testified in his own defense, said he picked up his gun at a friend's house in Kenosha after driving there from Illinois. The friend, Dominick Black, corroborated Rittenhouse's statement in his testimony as a witness for the prosecution.

Nadler did not specify which division of the Justice Department he wants to investigate the Rittenhouse case. The Justice Department did not respond to a request for comment. The criminal division would likely oversee any investigation involving transportation of firearms, while the civil rights division would be in charge of any probe into First Amendment rights violations by Rittenhouse.

Kristen Clarke, the head of the civil rights division, referred to Rittenhouse as a "white armed extremist" in a social media post last year. She called Rittenhouse a murderer in another post.

LINK

With idiots like this in charge  in Washington, what could go wrong?  

29-1.jpg

wynona's big brown beaver cowboys GIF by Primus

As for the why was he there question. My best friend's GF's mother just got out of prison, where she spent 35 years for killing her husband - who had severely abused her and was in the act of trying to kill her. It was total self-defense. Should be chastised for putting herself in that situation?

People make mistakes. Some way more severe than others. My hope is that he learns a huge, huge lesson here and finds a way to take this experience and use it for something positive.

Seek help. soflabillsfan

12 hours ago, HipKat said:

As for the why was he there question. My best friend's GF's mother just got out of prison, where she spent 35 years for killing her husband - who had severely abused her and was in the act of trying to kill her. It was total self-defense. Should be chastised for putting herself in that situation?

People make mistakes. Some way more severe than others. My hope is that he learns a huge, huge lesson here and finds a way to take this experience and use it for something positive.

That shouldn't even be a question, IMO.  Several of his family members live there, including his dad.  Even though he lives with his mother in Illinois he still has roots in Kenosha and probably had more of a right to be there than some of the protestors.  :niterider:

• Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 7:38 AM, HipKat said:

Should be chastised for putting herself in that situation?

Nope, that's on the husband for being a dirtbag.

16 hours ago, Woody said:

Even though he lives with his mother in Illinois he still has roots in Kenosha and probably had more of a right to be there than some of the protestors. 

Exactly, most of the "protestors" were imported from out of town.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile