The Bills placed right tackle Spencer Brown on the COVID-19 reserve list on Thursday and they added another tackle to their roster on Friday. The team announced the signing of Bobby Hart. Daryl Williams has filled in for Brown in the past, so Hart will likely join fifth-round pick Tommy Doyle as a reserve option [more]

View the full article

Hart is soooooooooooo bad. And yet he's better than Doyle and Ford. 

That's how absolutely dismal our current situation is on the OL. As great as Beane has been putting up this roster he needs to hear it over this crap. 

• Thanks 2

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

LOL...holy shit what the hell is beane smoking?  Whose worse him or ford..lol

Of all the backups available, he's at least one that knows the playbook....

5 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

To not make a move at the deadline is inexplicable. 

This is not one of those years in the drought where a deadline deal wouldn't do much.

This is a potential Super Bowl year and he sat on his hands.

Who as an OL moved at the deadline that was proven to be available?  Genuine question I don't know.  Can't really go off of hypotheticals cause we have no idea if a guy like Schreff on WFT was available for a trade

5 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

To not make a move at the deadline is inexplicable. 

This is not one of those years in the drought where a deadline deal wouldn't do much.

This is a potential Super Bowl year and he sat on his hands.

Yes should be GM.  LOL

On 11/19/2021 at 8:47 PM, Laughing Coffin said:

Who as an OL moved at the deadline that was proven to be available?  Genuine question I don't know.  Can't really go off of hypotheticals cause we have no idea if a guy like Schreff on WFT was available for a trade

I’m not talking about the Ones moved. I’m talking about players that could have been had from Teams that did not move them because perhaps they wanted to first or second round pick. A high pick that teams didn’t wanna pay.

I have a hard time believing that there are not many teams around the league who would’ve moved good linemen. For the right price. At the deadline.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

On 11/22/2021 at 10:57 AM, LiterateStylish said:

I’m not talking about the Ones moved. I’m talking about players that could have been had from Teams that did not move them because perhaps they wanted to first or second round pick. A high pick that teams didn’t wanna pay.

I have a hard time believing that there are not many teams around the league who would’ve moved good linemen. For the right price. At the deadline.

Right, but you have no evidence they could have been moved right.  Like you are completely spitballing that some player could have been traded for because you have no evidence that they were traded for.  This Bills team is wayyyy too far away from anything to give up a 1st round pick for some 31 year old OG

We know what we have in Hart, human turnstile. I'd rather take a chance on an unknown player and hope for the best. But he does know our playbook, I'm sure it's a temporary thing. 

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............

1 hour ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Right, but you have no evidence they could have been moved right.  Like you are completely spitballing that some player could have been traded for because you have no evidence that they were traded for.  This Bills team is wayyyy too far away from anything to give up a 1st round pick for some 31 year old OG

I guess you can call it that, but I feel quite confident believing that linemen could have been moved for the right. Practically any player is available for the right price.

And if this team is that far from anything, then Beane should be fired. It’s been far too long to STILL be building.

The problem is Beane thought we had the horses already and clearly we don’t. So unfortunately we are still building.

We gave Beane and McD their shot. They’re clearly not it. Time to move on.

Problem is Pegula. I don’t think he knows enough to handle this so I think we’re stuck with everyone until it completely self destructs.

Who knows how long that will be. The problem is that we are good enough to be in it, but not good enough to win it. It’s going to be a frustrating few years ahead.

19 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

I guess you can call it that, but I feel quite confident believing that linemen could have been moved for the right. Practically any player is available for the right price.

And if this team is that far from anything, then Beane should be fired. It’s been far too long to STILL be building.

I think something that's not being discussed enough is potentially Pegula's desire to have sustained contention over sacrificing potentially the future for the present.  With one of their assets (Sabres) in an absolute dumpster fire of a mess, Pegula's might a favor the nex 10-15 years of contention and never winning it over 2 years of contention and winning it

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

I think something that's not being discussed enough is potentially Pegula's desire to have sustained contention over sacrificing potentially the future for the present.  With one of their assets (Sabres) in an absolute dumpster fire of a mess, Pegula's might a favor the nex 10-15 years of contention and never winning it over 2 years of contention and winning it

I favor the Patriots model of being in contention every year, AND winning it 😂

On 11/23/2021 at 9:12 PM, LiterateStylish said:

They weren't rebuilding for one run at a super bowl, they are rebuilding to be a competitive organization each year. The Bill's were a laughing stock for 20 years, and McBeane are attempting to change that. I don't agree with everything they've done (for instance, dump Frazier), but this team is head and shoulders above what we were used to before they arrived. 

What makes you think the Bill's aren't trying to be in contention each year, just like the Patriots? You don't get there overnight.