Sign in to follow this  
Woody

Major Shakeup Coming To CNN — “Good Number” Of Staff Could Be Let Go

Shocking.  I wonder if Zoomdick's job will be safe.  :niterider:

CNN-Debate-Stage-Biden-Sanders-CNN-Promo

CNN is in trouble.

In the month of October, almost every program failed to average 1 million viewers.

They lost to both Fox News and MSNBC.

From Fox News:

The only thing spookier than Halloween for CNN is the network’s freefalling viewership.

During the month of October, nearly every single program failed to average 1 million viewers, according to Nielsen data. This marks historic lows for the so-called “most trusted name in news.”

The only two exceptions during the 31 days were the 90-minute Biden town hall, which still came in third place behind Fox News and MSNBC averaging only 1.2 million viewers, and the 30-minute “Cuomo Prime Time” that aired immediately after with 1.1 million.

CNN averaged a devastating 480,000 in total day viewership in October, a whopping 76% drop from January amid the chaotic transition from President Trump to President Biden. Fox News averaged 1.4 million and maintained its total day viewership from earlier this year while MSNBC averaged 657,000 viewers in October, resulting in a 61% drop from January. The network lost 14% of its viewers from September.

CNN’s weeknight primetime lineup didn’t fare much better, averaging just 733,000, an astonishing 78% drop from January. MSNBC averaged 1.5 million viewers in primetime, losing over half of its audience since January. Meanwhile, Fox News dominated with 2.6 million viewers, marking only a 14% decrease from the turbulent weeks leading up to Biden’s inauguration.

A new report deals more bad news to those at CNN.

According to Jon Nicosia, CNN is planning on firing a “good number” of talent/staff.

They want to go back to being a “100% news channel.”

From ZeroHedge:

According to Deadline, Discovery chief David Zaslav – who is widely expected to assume stewardship of CNN after its merger with WarnerMedia is complete – has kept his public comments on the failing news network close the the vest. When asked by Deadline what he thinks will happen with honcho Jeff Zucker, Zaslav said “Jeff’s a good friend and I like him a lot.”

But according to Jon Nicosia – former Mediaite and IJR managing editor (and former breaking news editor at the DC Examiner) – CNN is going to revert to a 100% news channel, and a “good number” of CNN’s “talent/staff” will be fired as part of a major shakeup.

LINK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woody said:

According to Jon Nicosia, CNN is planning on firing a “good number” of talent/staff.

They want to go back to being a “100% news channel.”

Being a news channel? Well then they need to go scorched earth and fire everyone. I guess it's time to call in these guys.

CNN.jpg

• Haha 2

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Any credibility CNN had, was gone after they kept Cuomo on after all of his scandals 

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

2 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

Being a news channel? Well then they need to go scorched earth and fire everyone. I guess it's time to call in these guys.

That would be the best approach.  Shutter CNN, HLN, and whatever else they own and start from scratch.  Nobody is going to miss them during their hiatus.  :niterider:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Woody said:

That would be the best approach.  Shutter CNN, HLN, and whatever else they own and start from scratch.  Nobody is going to miss them during their hiatus.  :niterider:

And when they come back, instead of the deep, authoritarian and wise voice of James Earl Jones saying, “THIS. IS. CEE. EN. EN”, they could get RuPaul to do it. For diversity. And the Gipper.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jc856 said:

And when they come back, instead of the deep, authoritarian and wise voice of James Earl Jones saying, “THIS. IS. CEE. EN. EN”, they could get RuPaul to do it. For diversity. And the Gipper.

Good call on RuPaul. Checks all the boxes. Black ✓. Member of the LBQZY ✓. Female-ish ✓? 

• Thanks 1

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

1 minute ago, Nuke said:

Good call on RuPaul. Checks all the boxes. Black ✓. Member of the LBQZY ✓. Female-ish ✓? 

Intersectionality, baby!

12 minutes ago, Nuke said:

They should knock that shit off.  The color of your skin and what you do in the bedroom shouldn't automatically qualify you for a job.  Look at Bootyplug.  Sure, he can suck cock and take it up the ass but he sure as hell ain't got the chops to be Transportation Secretary.  :niterider:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Woody said:

Sure, he can suck cock and take it up the ass but he sure as hell ain't got the chops to be Transportation Secretary.  :niterider:

🎵🎶🎵🎶And two outa three a..ain’t baaaaad…”🎵🎶🎵🎶—MEATLOAF

• Haha 1

i hope we do not lose HLN. One of the sports reporters for HLN is Coy Wire, who played for the Buffalo Bills. HLN is the better news network than CNN, but both are owned by the same company, AT&T. i would rather not watch MSNBC or FOX News. 

• Like 1

Wow.  Baseless Anti-Trump Content can't sustain a network?

Who could have predicted this?

• Haha 1

The Libs went back to watching The Real World and Teen Moms now that Biden is in office, and have gone back to not caring what happens to their country.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Angry Byrds said:

The Libs went back to watching The Real World and Teen Moms now that Biden is in office, and have gone back to not caring what happens to their country.

They put themselves in an “ANYONE BUT TRUMP” mindset, so it really doesn’t matter to them what happens. Trumps out. That’s all that matters…..sad.

im too lazy to look, but people here have actually made that exact statement, it’s not like it’s my opinion.

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, jc856 said:

They put themselves in an “ANYONE BUT TRUMP” mindset, so it really doesn’t matter to them what happens. Trumps out. That’s all that matters…..sad.

im too lazy to look, but people here have actually made that exact statement, it’s not like it’s my opinion.

I’m still waiting for this supposed indictment that was supposed to come after he was out of office that som many said would happen. I don’t want to name any names(F8, Frawk, HK, Meat) oops. Haven’t heard much clamoring about his taxes in awhile either. Maybe next election