Sign in to follow this  
seandelevan

Imagine Losing a 5th Super Bowl?

5 hours ago, Meathead said:

its funny how in america losing a championship game/series makes you a loser team in most fans eyes

no team has ever made four straight sbs. yet to most fans consider them in the same light as the lions or browns

No they don't. Stop exaggerating.

But um.....then again, the Lions and Browns have multiple championships in their long histories

4 hours ago, seandelevan said:

I remember about 15 years ago before the HOF preseason game on nfl network the topic of dynasties came up. They went around the panel and they gave the usual responses. Then Marshall Faulk said “the 90s Bills”. Deion Sanders and Steve Mariucci looked godsmacked. Stunned. While Faulk explained himself those two assclowns were trying not laugh. Finally Faulk was like “what!?” then busted into laugher followed by Sanders in Mariucci. Then someone cut in “ok seriously guys let’s get back to the topic”. Amazing moment.

That is ABSOLUTELY true they aren’t considered in the top dynasties. I think even 1 SP win might have put them in conversations of the elite dynasties.

But nope. Not one fucking SB win. FUUUUUUUUCK! 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JoeFerguson said:

5 super losses, in a row no less. We would be the laughing stock of sports and  social media for years to come. 

We already lost 4 in a row, there is really nothing to lose at this point. We will be the same 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rcas0308 said:

We already lost 4 in a row, there is really nothing to lose at this point. We will be the same 

you're right. we have nothing to lose if we lose another Super Bowl and everything to gain if we win a Super Bowl. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, thinwhiteduke said:

Detroit won a championship before it was called Super bowl

It's a lot easier to win a championship in a 12 team league than it is in a 32 team league.  The last time the Lions won a championship was when there were only 11 other teams.  Since the 1st Super Bowl there have been at least 24 teams competing to become Super Bowl champions.  

Let's do the math:  Strictly on mathematical terms every season in the current NFL the odds are 1 in 32 of wining the Super Bowl.  That's a 3% chance.  When the Lions last won the championship the odds were 1 in 12, an 8% chance.  

The most amazing thing is that getting to the Super Bowl is currently a 1 in 16 chance (6.25%).  There have been 55 Super Bowls and the Lions have never been in even one.  You can't even count the Browns because the team that moved out of Cleveland went to multiple Super Bowls as the Baltimore Ravens.

Since the Super Bowl began, the Lions are the only team that has missed all 55 Super Bowls & are guaranteed to miss their 56th this season.  No other team has been in the league for every Super Bowl and never got in.  .  

17 hours ago, seandelevan said:

I remember about 15 years ago before the HOF preseason game on nfl network the topic of dynasties came up. They went around the panel and they gave the usual responses. Then Marshall Faulk said “the 90s Bills”. Deion Sanders and Steve Mariucci looked godsmacked. Stunned. While Faulk explained himself those two assclowns were trying not laugh. Finally Faulk was like “what!?” then busted into laugher followed by Sanders in Mariucci. Then someone cut in “ok seriously guys let’s get back to the topic”. Amazing moment.

I'm thinking that a guy who played on a losing team his whole career until he became a front-running mercenary the last few years and a coach whose biggest win was in a Wild Card game via a blown call might not be the best judges on what it takes to build a consistently dominant program.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, thinwhiteduke said:

Detroit won a championship before it was called Super bowl

i have had the same people who say that is a valid championship say that Bills AFL championships don't count. :classic_angry:

If old NFL championships count so should AFL as NFL combined all stats after merger.

oh and lol. First 2 of what are now called Super Bowls where NFL/AFL championship games when played and retroactively renamed Super Bowls. So technically Super Bowl era started at Super Bowl 3. So Packers only won 2 Super Bowls in their history.

When you mention that, the NFL purists say Packers games count but still will not accept Bills championships.  Discrimination i say!! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

cba fan

It's a lot easier to win a championship in a 12 team league than it is in a 32 team league 

#################### 

Thats a load of bullshit.

It's harder with 12. Only the best of the best. Not watered down.

But actually it's pseudo reasoning. 

The Lions won Championships in the 50s coinciding with the auto industry boom.

Not a coincidence or accident.

• Disagree 1

I'd actually LOVE to see the Bills lose another one IF it was to TOM BRADY. Screw this team that refused to come out and put their hands over their hearts to respect the National anthem at the Chiefs championship game last year.This is the same franchise that watched Shady McCoy stretch out on the field while the anthem was playing while the Pegulas, Bills players and fans supported it. FUCK the Bills.

2 hours ago, thinwhiteduke said:

It's a lot easier to win a championship in a 12 team league than it is in a 32 team league 

#################### 

Thats a load of bullshit.

It's harder with 12. Only the best of the best. Not watered down.

But actually it's pseudo reasoning. 

The Lions won Championships in the 50s coinciding with the auto industry boom.

Not a coincidence or accident.

The reason Detroit won championships in the 1950s was because they had HOF QB Bobby Layne. 

Also with the exception of 1957 when Detroit had to play a 1 game tie breaker, only 2 teams made the playoffs, so if you won the division all you had to do is win 1 playoff game to be crowned champion.  Contrast that to today's NFL where the Super Bowl champ needs to win a minimum of 3 postseason games & sometimes 4. 

You need remedial math if you seriously believe that it's easier to win a championship in a 32 team league with 4 post season weeks as opposed to a 12 team league with 1 postseason game.  You also may need a remedial logic course.  

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The reason Detroit won championships in the 1950s was because they had HOF QB Bobby Layne. 

You need remedial math if you seriously believe that it's easier to win a championship in a 32 team league as opposed to a 12 team league.  You also may need a remedial logic course.  

Lol that's called a narrative.

How can I be remedial when I'm capable of thinking beyond what I'm told to think.

That's far and away beyond remedial.

Seriously,....yeah, that's right..it's just coincidence that the boom happened with the championships. It helped stimulate the economy.

Just like the yankees constantly winning league championships and WS as ny was becoming highly populated at the beginning of the industrial age. 

Bread and circuses, distraction and profit .All in a neat package.

Then,  once the country started to grow, they could spread the championshios around.

Notice all this talk about black this and indian that over the last 3 years and the Chiefs and Braves magically end up in the big games and win?!

Of course it flies right over your head

Everyone that made pics on that chart should be drug tested. where the hell are the Tampa Bay buccaneers and Tom Brady?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

4 minutes ago, miamibillsnut said:

Everyone that made pics on that chart should be drug tested. where the hell are the Tampa Bay buccaneers and Tom Brady?

Absolutely.

The dad thing is it may well happen again

2 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Just go to fucking Twitter and look for TTC Worldstar.  

Say that in the first post numbnuts!!!!

• Like 1
  • Gay 1

Honestly, I hate losing, but as long as we have enough money in the bank to stay relevant I would love to be good enough to lose a Superbowl.  Honestly at this point, I am not even sure this team will make the post season.  They advanced to the Superbowl and kept it close I honestly would not have too much to complain about.  I mean I haven't had an AFC Champions shirt since 1993.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You know Sean, I thought about this. I don't think you can tie both teams together because the Kelly Bills were 30 years ago.

You have to be an old fart like me to connect the two teams. I doubt the younger fans even remember the Bills lost 4 SBs

Or they don't care.

2 hours ago, George said:

You know Sean, I thought about this. I don't think you can tie both teams together because the Kelly Bills were 30 years ago.

You have to be an old fart like me to connect the two teams. I doubt the younger fans even remember the Bills lost 4 SBs

Or they don't care.

30 years felt like yesterday. So yeah it would be connected, for me anyway. 

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

36 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

30 years felt like yesterday. So yeah it would be connected, for me anyway. 

We need to disconnect them losers :beer:

• Haha 1