Sign in to follow this  
SackMan518

Bills’ Brian Daboll takes the blame for poor offensive performance vs. Jags

No shit Dabs, you need better gameplans to get through this Cover 2 shit they keep running on us. It's not like it's a new defense.

Bills’ Brian Daboll takes the blame for poor offensive performance vs. Jags

Orchard Park, N.Y. — By the time Sean McDermott met with the media a day after his Buffalo Bills failed to score a touchdown against the Jacksonville Jaguars, he still hadn’t finished going through the tape and having “truthful conversations” with his players and coaches.

The Jaguars entered Week 9 allowing 29 points per game and flipped the script. Jacksonville shut down the Bills’ no. 1-ranked scoring offense and held them to six points for the game, forced three turnovers in the second half and held Buffalo to its lowest yardage total in a game (301) this season.

Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll says he knows coaches and players are judged based on results in the NFL. He said everything has to be better, and he took ownership for the performance.

“We all have work to do. We all can improve. You have honest conversations. You have truthful conversations,” he said. “I’ll always take accountability for that (kind of performance). That’s my role.”

Josh Allen turned the ball over three times (2 interceptions and a fumble) in a game for the first time since the fourth game of 2019. The Jaguars sent extra pass rushers often and the offensive line struggled to hold up in protection. Allen was sacked four times and according to Pro Football Focus, the Jaguars recorded 17 hurries and 23 pressures.

After the game Allen explained that teams are playing a lot of two-high safety defensive looks to take away the deep part of the field and limit big plays. The idea is to force the Bills into a patient and methodical approach to move the ball down the field to score points. Daboll said that every time the offense found any momentum, it seemed like there was a sack, a drop or penalty that killed drives.

Daboll said he thought Allen did a good job of hitting his checkdowns when the Jaguars were dropping back into zone coverage. He mentioned running back Devin Singletary, who had seven catches in the game and served as an outlet for Allen in the short passing game.

The Bills’ inability to run the ball effectively continues to be one of the biggest frustrations for fans watching the game. Daboll said he knows it has to be better, but ti comes down to everybody taking responsibility for their role in the offense. The quarterback, offensive line, receivers, tight ends and running backs are all intertwined, he said.

“(The run game) is an area that we’re working hard to improve,” Daboll said. “Positive plays in that area have been tough to find here as of late and we need to do a better job and it starts with me. ... We probably had far too many second and long or third and long situations, whether that be from the run or the pass. And again I’ll take ownership of that.”

Inside the meeting rooms this week, Daboll said he believes the best way to fix the problems is to remain consistent with his players. He said that’s a critical factor in leadership, and refining the process is an everyday practice regardless of outcome.

“You might not always get the results you want, most of this time in this league, you don’t, but being consistent with the players in terms of how you handle them as people, how you handle them as professionals -- no one wants to go out there and make mistakes,” Daboll said. “We preach accountability and responsibility. I think the leaders have to own it. That’s ok. You’re going to have those days. You’re going to have bad ones. Hope you don’t, but be consistent, be truthful and be positive, because you’ve got another game here in a few days.”

The Bills will be without guard Jon Feliciano for at least two more weeks as he rehabs a calf injury that landed him on injured reserve before the Jaguars game. Spencer Brown (back) is expected to return to practice on Wednesday, as is tight end Dawson Knox (hand).

Daboll expects the Bills offense to turn the page toward the New York Jets quickly as the offense looks to rebound this weekend in New Jersey.

“Our guys are a resilient bunch,” he said. “This is the National Football League. You better be ready to face some adversity and face it head on, make corrections, be honest but be positive and get ready to come back to work on Wednesday with a clear goal in mind.”

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

2 hours ago, Woody said:

Time to expand the playbook.  :niterider:

___2371034.gif?258

Is that Pro-talk Joe Montana Football?? Audible 3 was the Pass 3 slant play. 

• Thanks 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

21 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Is that Pro-talk Joe Montana Football?? Audible 3 was the Pass 3 slant play. 

It's from TECMO Bowl on the NES.  :niterider:

1 hour ago, Woody said:

It's from TECMO Bowl on the NES.  :niterider:

I just added an NES simulator to my nVidia Sheild Pro. That would be a great game to to add

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

2 minutes ago, Woody said:

Get TECMO Super Bowl.  That's the better game of the two.  :niterider:

`I just added the simulators, now I need to figure out how to add the ROMS 

Seek help. soflabillsfan

36 minutes ago, HipKat said:

`I just added the simulators, now I need to figure out how to add the ROMS 

Things might be different now, but when I had a Shield all I had to do was put the ROMs on a USB drive and then attach it to the Shield.  I used an emulator called "NES.emu", and I pointed it to the ROM folder on the drive.  :niterider:

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Things might be different now, but when I had a Shield all I had to do was put the ROMs on a USB drive and then attach it to the Shield.  I used an emulator called "NES.emu", and I pointed it to the ROM folder on the drive.  :niterider:

Yeah that how it's done still. I've been too lazy to look for the ROMS, but maybe this weekend. I didn't even consider simulators until this past weekend, streaming with nVidia GeForce Now instead

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 hour ago, HipKat said:

Yeah that how it's done still. I've been too lazy to look for the ROMS, but maybe this weekend. I didn't even consider simulators until this past weekend, streaming with nVidia GeForce Now instead

archive.org has complete ROM sets for just about any old console or computer you can think of.  :niterider:

• Like 1

Unless the situation reverses quickly, he won't be a head coach next year, thats for sure

10 hours ago, Woody said:

archive.org has complete ROM sets for just about any old console or computer you can think of.  :niterider:

Screw all that. Get yourself a copy of RetroPi which has thousands of games across all of the old systems and even arcade games.

• Thanks 1

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

2 minutes ago, Woody said:

I already did that, and that's why I ditched my Shield.  I still procured my own ROMs since I built mine from scratch.  :niterider:

Nice! Those guys did an awesome job putting it all together with the artwork, videos, etc. There are so many games it would take me years to play them all.

Parler @NYexile

19 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Nice! Those guys did an awesome job putting it all together with the artwork, videos, etc. There are so many games it would take me years to play them all.

Yeah I'm set for life now.  Its nice to have it all one device.  :niterider:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Woody said:

Get TECMO Super Bowl.  That's the better game of the two.  :niterider:

One of the greatest games of all time. 

• Like 1

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

No worries, we're the favorites to win the Super bowl. 

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............

The retro pie kicks ass!

I shudder to think how much money I spent on those original games in the 80s and 90s

• Like 1

Step your game up!

It is the way.

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2022 #Bowl or Bust 2021

I'm gonna have a busy weekend going back in gaming time....

Seek help. soflabillsfan

On 11/10/2021 at 1:19 PM, Woody said:

Time to expand the playbook.  :niterider:

___2371034.gif?258

Isnt there an old school coach around who would have made sure to kick those wasted field goals and won those games?