Sign in to follow this  
Thebowflexbody

What Can the Bills Realistically Do About the Running Game at This Point??? *****

15 minutes ago, jpp said:

Nothing at this point.....McD will keep Dingledary & Moss active no matter what.....THey could of brought someone in at the deadline but NO.......these 2 are piss poor backs and will not magically get better at all.....Also our line is complete garbage in making holes for our backs so thats another issue..

I hope the Bears hire Dabol as there new HC next season....guy has had some very good play calling games but im sorry i scratch my head more than clap at his playcalling...he's been riding the backs of our players success  imo and time is almost up for him.....his same decisions over and over and over and over again is getting infuriating.....his stupid QB designed run plays never ever work and was evident v the jags....we hit the red zone and hey what the fuck lets run the ball down their throats on 1st downs???  Yeah that works really good...love those 1-2 yards all the time with frick and frack.....im i wrong JA threw like crazy in the red zone last season but for some reason not so much this season?

Well they have Breida and treat him like Yeldon....I have no idea why they even brought him in?  Time to activate this guy and see what he's got....at least he has speed....also what ever happened to Antonio Williams?  Is he still on the PS?  Bring these 2 in along with dingledary (not much choice there) and see what happens at this point....

You summed it up pretty well.

They need to take the RPO out of the offense as well. They seem to NEVER fucking work.

Less shotgun and more play action might help too.

Two TE sets might also help.

That's all I got. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

As for the rest of the season I don't know what they can do. Maybe tweak some things scheme wise. Truly fixing this mess won't happen until the offseason with the draft and FA. Beane's #1 priority has to be the OL.

1 hour ago, Woody said:

I don't think there's much you can do from a personnel standpoint.  There's nobody worth looking at in FA'cy.  The Bills could try activating Brieda or calling up Antonio Williams.  A Moth/Brieda or a Moth/Williams combo might get you a couple more yards.  Hell, throw Brieda/Williams in there.  Change things up completely.   :niterider:

Putting more emphasis on the running game could help.  You can't really get a rhythm if you only get eight carries a game.  :niterider:

Couldn't be any worse giving Breida/Williams a shot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, George said:

Activate ANTONIO WILLIAMS, One of the Best Running backs in the world

Remember where you heard it :clapper:

I don't understand why he was relegated back to the practice squad. I'd like to see if it was a one week thing, or if he could be a positive for the running game. One thing is for sure, if they put him back in and he does well, how will McDermott explain himself? "Well were going to have to go back and look at the tape"

• Haha 1

You can see the explosiveness in Antonio Williams in the Dolphin game, much more so than Motor and Moss. He jumped off the fucking screen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

1 hour ago, jamsim67 said:

how will McDermott explain himself? "Well were going to have to go back and look at the tape"

I'm dying.  :niterider:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, LIBills said:

They need to take the RPO out of the offense as well. They seem to NEVER fucking work.

Less shotgun and more play action might help too.

Two TE sets might also help.

That's all I got. :classic_biggrin:

This is the only thing I can think of.   Try some runs from a normal formation. Moss and Dingleberry arent great but they aren't this bad either

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

1 hour ago, seandelevan said:

You can see the explosiveness in Antonio Williams in the Dolphin game, much more so than Motor and Moss. He jumped off the fucking screen. 

Yeah he gets out of that low gear quick.  Its especially evident in those plays where he had to change direction.  Dinglebary & Moth get mobbed when they try that.  :niterider:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Better guard play?  I thought Feliciano was struggling this year but DAAAAAAMMMMN.

Remove all the useless & worthless o-line except Morse and the useless & worthless nutjobs at running backs. Elevate the players in the practice squad to replace these useless morons. Something different please!

Carolina just released Royce Freeman.  How can the Bills resist a former 3rd round RB who last played for Carolina?  Checks all the boxes.  

• Haha 1

Give Williams and Breida a shot. They can't possibly be worse than Moss and Singletary. 

No more RPO's for the love of good. Never work, always predictable. Just stop

No more Josh runs either. The ones that work are broken plays. The called ones are as usual very predictable and stopped working about a year ago. 

Try to run the ball from something other than shotgun. 

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

I came in here for Antonio Williams love.

There is literally zero downside to at least giving the guy some touches. It's not like they'll get anything out of the current duo (plus I believe Moss is in concussion protocol anyway).

I'm onboard with Breida.  Since last year the talk has been about how the Bills need a dynamic option in the backfield.  They have that in Breida and it's another piece of the puzzle of trying to keep defenses honest.  

Perfect time to introduce him to the offense is this weekend.  Keep Moss out to make sure he's healthy and put Breida in.  Add some wrinkle, pitches, screens and make the offense more dynamic and harder to defend.

• Like 1

What the hell ever happened to the Christian Wade rugby guy experiment??

16 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

IR I think.

He had season ending shoulder surgery back in September and then disappeared off the books.  :niterider: