Sign in to follow this  
seandelevan

Joe Buscaglia: Bills Run Game Sucks Because…

Our running backs suck. Surprise surprise right? Again, this dude watches the Bills for a living. And his latest podcast for the Athletic dives deep into it. He says the line is doing their job. The line is actually above average when it comes to run blocking. But what Motor and Moss have in common? They have horrible vision. He says they are STILL missing holes, running into blockers, trying to cut things outside, or just trying to make unnecessary cuts. He even ventured to say the Bills might want to think about drafting a new RB pretty high next year. 

Which sent me over the edge…BECAUSE THATS WHAT THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS YEAR GOD DAMNIT! Me and a few others FUCKING PREDICTED THIS! 

FUCK!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

What's funny is the Bills' content creators Cover 1/Buffalo Fanatics all ride Moss is dick.  He is a tougher runner, but he has zero speed.  He can pass pro and break a tackle here and there, but he's nothing more than a fill in guy.

I honestly think Motor's utilization is trash.  He's the more elusive guy, he's actually capable of getting chunk yardage.  When I see snap counts 65% in favor of Moss I'm not a fan.

I don't actually understand the thought process of keeping RB fresh.  Any RB worth a shit gets better as the game goes on/stacks touches.  Having a true change of pace guy is one thing.  Like a 3rd down wizard like James White, orca true goal line back.  However what's the real point of platooning guys?  To extend their careers?  The chances of Beane extending a RB after a rookie deal is minuscule.  Get a 3 down back and ride his ass for 4 or 5 years and then keep cycling them out.

• Thanks 2

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

Patriots with Brady won multiple Super Bowls with average running backs. Running backs to this team is as useless as a screen door in a submarine. Don't waste draft picks on RBs, they suck ass like these two that we have now.

• Like 2

Dont need this guy to tell me our RB's suck...oh gee wizz big surprise.....I knew this before the season started....1 or 2 good games and than same crap like last season.....

• Thanks 1

Why not kick the tires on Todd Gurley at this point? Is Breida still on the team?

59 minutes ago, TheMachinist said:

Patriots with Brady won multiple Super Bowls with average running backs. Running backs to this team is as useless as a screen door in a submarine. Don't waste draft picks on RBs, they suck ass like these two that we have now.

Agreed…..

but why has this team keep pounding the rock? I can live with these dudes if we rarely used them….but they keep force feeding them the ball like they’re going to turn into the second coming of Derrick Henry.

No idea why Sean loved 1970's football. Never draft a RB high. Glad Bean is not that stupid.

It is the way.

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2022 #Bowl or Bust 2021

at'

42 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Agreed…..

but why has this team keep pounding the rock? I can live with these dudes if we rarely used them….but they keep force feeding them the ball like they’re going to turn into the second coming of Derrick Henry.

As the old adage says, you pound the rock to set up the pass. But why even try it when the passing game is already working on all cylinders? This team's rushing yards per game is actually in the top ten of the NFL. But that stat is misleading because if you take away Allen's running yards then  that stat becomes mediocre.

• Thanks 1

If we are forced to use these two useless RBs on the field, why not use them as part of the O-line? Put Moth on the left side of Morse, and Dingleberry on the right. Let Allen be the lead runner and he's already a great passer. With this added protection, defenses will have trouble getting to Allen or deciding if he's going to run or pass.

And I thought vision was supposed to be a strength of these two RB's.

Breida brings a speed element. It wouldn't hurt to sit Singletary this week and use Breida, especially as a weapon out of the backfield in the passing game.

But let's face it, this offense lives and dies (mostly lives) with Josh Allen. It has been that way since he arrived on the scene in 2018.

The Bills plan is to be a SB champion on the back of a solid ST, good D and a Josh Allen offense. Case closed.

If the Bills are serious about running the ball then stick with it during games. Daboll gives up way to soon.

It takes time to build some momentum. Running has to be a bigger priority.

27 minutes ago, LIBills said:

And I thought vision was supposed to be a strength of these two RB's.

Breida brings a speed element. It wouldn't hurt to sit Singletary this week and use Breida, especially as a weapon out of the backfield in the passing game.

But let's face it, this offense lives and dies (mostly lives) with Josh Allen. It has been that way since he arrived on the scene in 2018.

The Bills plan is to be a SB champion on the back of a solid ST, good D and a Josh Allen offense. Case closed.

That's not good enough though if they run into a team in the playoffs that can shut down the pass. They gotta be able to produce enough running to make teams not cheat to sell out on pass D.

I don't think our RBs are awful, I think they are average to above average. But I do think they aren't being utilized correctly. I still say give Singletary the ball in a situation where he can make guys miss. Moss up the middle works but only if the OL creates the first hole, he's not going to plow through the first line like Henry.

It's kind of funny because RB was never an area of need until we finally fixed everything else and now we're talking about having to draft another RB.

5 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Our running backs suck. Surprise surprise right? Again, this dude watches the Bills for a living. And his latest podcast for the Athletic dives deep into it. He says the line is doing their job. The line is actually above average when it comes to run blocking. But what Motor and Moss have in common? They have horrible vision. He says they are STILL missing holes, running into blockers, trying to cut things outside, or just trying to make unnecessary cuts. He even ventured to say the Bills might want to think about drafting a new RB pretty high next year. 

Which sent me over the edge…BECAUSE THATS WHAT THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS YEAR GOD DAMNIT! Me and a few others FUCKING PREDICTED THIS! 

FUCK!

I said this 2 years ago.

Posted photos of the All-22 too.

• Thanks 1

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

5 minutes ago, theAteam said:

That's not good enough though if they run into a team in the playoffs that can shut down the pass. They gotta be able to produce enough running to make teams not cheat to sell out on pass D.

I don't think our RBs are awful, I think they are average to above average. But I do think they aren't being utilized correctly. I still say give Singletary the ball in a situation where he can make guys miss. Moss up the middle works but only if the OL creates the first hole, he's not going to plow through the first line like Henry.

It's kind of funny because RB was never an area of need until we finally fixed everything else and now we're talking about having to draft another RB.

I hate to tell you, it's JA or bust, because this running game will NEVER be good enough.

There is too much of a sample size now to think that this running game will turn around and all of a sudden be a consistent threat.

I hope I am wrong and this running game (with the RB's anyways) becomes really viable. I just don't see it.

Allen's arm, and legs, will be this teams meal ticket winning it all and if he gets injured...........

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, seandelevan said:

FUCK!

May I suggest some meditation there delevan you seem a little stressed.

• Haha 1

No idea why @seandelevan wants Bills to play 1970's football.

It is the way.

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2022 #Bowl or Bust 2021

On 11/6/2021 at 8:33 AM, seandelevan said:

He even ventured to say the Bills might want to think about drafting a new RB pretty high next year. 

Did you miss the part in this year's draft where the top 2 1st round backs were gone by the time we picked? What did you want Beane to do - draft a 2nd or 3rd back in the 1st to satisfy a need?

I think I'll trust Beane.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

7 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Did you miss the part in this year's draft where the top 2 1st round backs were gone by the time we picked? What did you want Beane to do - draft a 2nd or 3rd back in the 1st to satisfy a need?

I think I'll trust Beane.

Yeah Jacksonville fucked that up drafting a rb they didn’t need. I think Beane would have def drafted ETN if he was sitting there. Would have been drastic to trade up? Probably. But fuck draft picks when we are trying to win now.