Sign in to follow this  
thinwhiteduke

Amuse yourselves with this, Sports illustrated, Bills, 2003

My favorite cover.  I thought the Bills had turned the corner, but the season ended up going to shit.  :niterider:

• Thanks 1

This game, and season, was so bittersweet. One of the greatest games ever, yet ruined by one of the worst seasons ever. It’s one of the reasons I’m still fucking jaded. Never before have I seen a season start out so awesome and a team look so unstoppable….only to turn to an absolute dumpster fire…fuck this shit. 

• Thanks 2

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

I though that was the year, blew out the Pats and then went down and blew out the Jags...then, the HB Pass inside the 5, that was the turning point of the season to me. If they just run the ball or let Bledsoe throw it, they likely score a TD and win the game to go 3-0, but nope a HB Pass that gets picked and they end up losing, all downhill from there 

22 minutes ago, Baldat28 said:

I though that was the year, blew out the Pats and then went down and blew out the Jags...then, the HB Pass inside the 5, that was the turning point of the season to me. If they just run the ball or let Bledsoe throw it, they likely score a TD and win the game to go 3-0, but nope a HB Pass that gets picked and they end up losing, all downhill from there 

Yup. Prime time game. After that they proceeded to lose 10 of their next 14 games…some of them absolute blowouts to the chiefs, Jets and pats. And I’ll never forget just saying fuck it and totally didn’t even bother watching the game against the Texans and went to the movies instead. Came home to find they lost 12-10 and fucking Rian Lindell missed like 4 field goals. I let out a mighty “CALLED IT!” 

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

I remember. The Bills started 2-0 and then lost to Miami on Sunday night and I knew that day that it was going to be another lousy season.

For all those years of the drought, there was always that moment where you lost hope in the season and you just knew the Bills were going nowhere again. 

• Thanks 1

That win was great anyway. It was amazing how the Bills always found new ways to build up excitement and then disappoint on an epic scale.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I saved that SI cover for a while. What a mess of a season, bookend games against the Pats, - both 31-0 outcomes. 'Cept the other way around on the back end. Geesh.

"You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."

~ Frank Zappa

Sam Adams and Pat Williams. Man I wish we had 2 guys like that on our interior line now! 

• Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

On 11/6/2021 at 11:10 PM, SackMan518 said:

Sam Adams and Pat Williams. Man I wish we had 2 guys like that on our interior line now! 

Looooved those guys!

• Like 1