Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

The holding call on Morse

6 hours ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

I love how most of the media keep talking about the roughing the passer call after this play, but won’t mention this or Ed Oliver’s penalty 

Ed Oliver tackles Mahomes around his ankles……Collinsworth: yOu cAnT dO ThaT mAn! 

Frank Clark pile drives Allen…..Collinsworth: tHatS a fLaG!? tErRibLe cALL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

1 hour ago, seandelevan said:

Ed Oliver tackles Mahomes around his ankles……Collinsworth: yOu cAnT dO ThaT mAn! 

Frank Clark pile drives Allen…..Collinsworth: tHatS a fLaG!? tErRibLe cALL

Oliver's call was iffy at best, but a KC lineman is pushing him into Mahomes while he's going for the sack. Bail out call that could've changed the game

• Thanks 2

Yeah I mean. Its not even close. Its also a very late flag, watch the play. The laundry isn't thrown until Josh is well out of the pocket and already starting his run. Just a completely made up call. 

I'm not too convinced about the Dawkins hold on the drive after the fumbled kick return either. That one cost us at least 3 points and about 30 yards. 

Just a terribly called game. Cheffers has been downgraded from the very shot list of decent refs into the very long list of garbage refs. 

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

16 hours ago, Meathead said:

morse had grabbed the dlinemans jersey up closer to the front side of the shoulder. you can only see it on one angle of replays, as far as i have found. my question is why call it on that play when it happens on literally every single play by half of the offensive lineman that lay their hands on the dlinemans chest. the only thing i can figure is it was about two inches closer to the shoulder than usual, but morse released as soon as the dlineman turned to pursue and had no effect on the play. if they called that every time they saw it there would be about four non-flagged plays per game

the call against frank whoever was legit bc he drove allen into the turf. not with the ferocity weve all seen from 80's style football, but he did risk injury to allens shoulder by landing on him with joshs shoulder being the first to contact the turf. all frank had to do was to hit him and then let go, josh was already falling backwards so that woulda been easy. they wouldnt have called any penalty bc he was within one step and by letting go after the hit hes not responsible for allens health after that as long as he doesnt fall directly on him

the call against oliver was also legit. the rule stats you cant tackle a qb at or below the knees until he becomes a runner. as long as hes trying to throw or get into a position to throw, you have to tackle between the shoulders and the thighs, and without hitting the head with a fingernail or leading with your helmet. if you start the tackle at the thighs and slide down to the knees or below, thats ok

I read if QB is off the ground you can do what Oliver did.....but how the hell can an official see that Mahommes was just off the ground as he jumped a little to throw. Bad allowance if true.

cba fan

18 hours ago, cba fan said:

I read if QB is off the ground you can do what Oliver did.....but how the hell can an official see that Mahommes was just off the ground as he jumped a little to throw. Bad allowance if true.

hmm, ive never heard that but it sorta makes sense

One set of rules for all in The Beloved Community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

On 10/13/2021 at 11:27 AM, Victor7 said:

I'm not too convinced about the Dawkins hold on the drive after the fumbled kick return either. That one cost us at least 3 points and about 30 yards. 

thats a penalty 100% of the time, assuming the ref sees it

its so enshrined in the offensive line play bible that every time an olinemans hand touches the outside of the defenders shoulder a buzzer sound like from the kids game Operation should go off and the blocker receives an electric shock

you absolutely under no circumstances EVER touch the outside shoulder of the guy youre blocking, unless youre shoving him from the side. but in a blocking stance, once that hand transitions from the inside to the outside, its an automatic call

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

42 minutes ago, Meathead said:

thats a penalty 100% of the time, assuming the ref sees it

its so enshrined in the offensive line play bible that every time an olinemans hand touches the outside of the defenders shoulder a buzzer sound like from the kids game Operation should go off and the blocker receives an electric shock

you absolutely under no circumstances EVER touch the outside shoulder of the guy youre blocking, unless youre shoving him from the side. but in a blocking stance, once that hand transitions from the inside to the outside, its an automatic call

He looked to me exactly like he was shoving him out of the way. Driving him into the pile of other players. IMO, not a hold. But whatever. Its in the past. We beat the Chiefs and the refs. Enormous game. 

The Chiefs game, for one of the biggest regular season games this year, was one of the most terribly officiated games I have ever seen.

I was hoping they called it on the wrong number because there's no way that could have been on Morse but so far I haven't seen anything else stating it was the wrong number or showing somebody else that could have possibly been holding.  By far the worst call of the night.  And I see people are still complaining about the Oliver call which was an obvious roughing the passer

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

On 10/12/2021 at 11:24 PM, VolsBillsMagic said:

I love how most of the media keep talking about the roughing the passer call after this play, but won’t mention this or Ed Oliver’s penalty 

According to the rules Oliver's penalty was a penalty a hundred times out of 100.  I'm not arguing that the rule sucks cuz it does suck because it doesn't leave any discretion but it was a penalty how the rule is written.

• Thanks 1

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

1 hour ago, Victor7 said:

He looked to me exactly like he was shoving him out of the way. Driving him into the pile of other players. IMO, not a hold. 

it was a pull not a shove because it was initiated when he was face to face with the defender (the defender was cockeyed or not directly face to face but the two were generally still facing each other when the pull/hold was initiated). if he had come in from the side and shoved him on the shoulder that would be all good. but as a blocker you cant shift your hand from the inside to the outside of the shoulder without it being a by the book holding penalty

and it has to be called. you cant have blockers just reaching out and hooking the defender and impeding his movement toward the ball carrier/QB/whatever

refs even let blockers grab the defenders jersey as long as their hands are inside the frame of the front of the defenders torso. they just have to let go if the defender disengages and makes a move toward the ball carrier

9 hours ago, miamibillsnut said:

According to the rules Oliver's penalty was a penalty a hundred times out of 100.  I'm not arguing that the rule sucks cuz it does suck because it doesn't leave any discretion but it was a penalty how the rule is written.

Correct, other than the part where the KC lineman is assisting his hit on Mahomes. They easily could’ve negated the low hit by that but of course, Mahomes complains and the flag comes out. Josh needs to be getting more of these calls now 

8 hours ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

Correct, other than the part where the KC lineman is assisting his hit on Mahomes. They easily could’ve negated the low hit by that but of course, Mahomes complains and the flag comes out. Josh needs to be getting more of these calls now 

Yeah. Did you notice anytime Mahomes was touched he looked for a flag…which then prompted the crowd to start booing pleading for a flag as well lol. Assclowns. 

• Like 2

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

2 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Yeah. Did you notice anytime Mahomes was touched he looked for a flag…which then prompted the crowd to start booing pleading for a flag as well lol. Assclowns. 

I can't remember a crowd that bitched more for flags than that one. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thurmal said:

seahawks, head coach, team and fans

• Thanks 1

You mean other than any, every and all of the Pats home games in the last 15 years right ? 

BTW did anyone see the play yesterday where a ref intervenes on a LIVE play to protect Brady from being blocked after an int ??

These ref man ....

On 10/15/2021 at 11:09 AM, miamibillsnut said:

seahawks, head coach, team and fans

If you're referring to that Super Bowl vs. Pittsburgh like 15 years ago, then the Seahawks deserved to bitch.

If you're referring to that Super Bowl vs. Pittsburgh like 15 years ago, then the Seahawks deserved to bitch.

No. Current team.  Nobody whines worse than Carroll

• Thanks 2