Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Apologies to Greg Roman - There were open receivers everywhere

Theres "college open" and then there is "NFL open".

In the NFL, being open is a much smaller area that being open in college.

Against the Giants, there were both college open and NFL open, all game long. Taylor was missing both.

RED BOX is where he threw it. YELLOW is open receiver(s).

HKKT3PG.png

axn8tym.png

7SYUKF8.png

NdlY4io.png

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

Disagree on the goal line play. Sure the LB that is running towards Karlos did it from the snap but the guy next to Clay at around the 1.5 yard line has a shot at that ball IMO. The rest of your pics are 100% spot on. Taylor missed a lot of opportunities. However we don't know the sequence that he has to go through. Just because a guy is open it doesn't mean that the QB is supposed to be looking that way at that moment. His sequence might have him looking elsewhere at that time. But then again there are soooo many examples that for sure some of those are on Taylor.

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Yeah, maybe he's able to reach back and tip it.

But no way he is able to contort backwards and intercept it.

And it has a higher % of being a TD that throwing to a blanketed Karlos.

Tom Brady throws that pass 99% of the time.

I do agree its a better throw than the stupid swing pass. But I also think the defender is in very good position.

That's actually part of his issue.

He is rarely, if ever, making it past his 1st read.

Agreed.

I wonder if he can actually do it. I've always had my doubts about TMobile. This isn't helping.

Something this repeatedly clear should be obvious in the Bills meetings. It better be improved next game. Tyrod must have been making bad reads.

Thanks Lit, good thread, appreciate the pics/info

My Adopt-A-Bill for 2013 is WR Mat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

(Wet Rubber Mat)

if (ToErr == objHuman)

{

objForgive = objDivine;

}

Very upsetting to see this. Hopefully some time in the film room can address these issues.

The worst part about him missing open receivers is that Tyrod had decent time to make the reads. I didn't think the Giants pass rush was much of a problem Sunday.

Thanks for the pics Lit.... Nice work. Wish I could say the same for TT.. I'd like to hear the conversations in the film room when reviewing these ( and others ). I wonder what the percentage is of him getting past his first read..?

To be honest, these aren't even all of them.

I just got tired and depressed by the time I reached the 3rd quarter of the ALL-22.

He needs to go through his progressions and not stop at his 1st read.

This is EXACTLY what I thought was going on. One read QBs are screwed if their primary is covered.

This is why Roman wanted a veteran. The athletic part of being a QB is only part of the game. That's why we saw Eli shred the Bills last Sunday, and why we saw Brady shred them even worse.

The ability to adjust on the fly is a whole other level.

Tyrod may or may not get there, but this is very discouraging.

"Every single day I went out there I tried to have respect for the game and I played as hard as I possibly could." Derek Jeter 9/25/14

He needs to learn more quickly. I was watching the game again and saw the same thing with open receivers. I was also watching the O-line and they were giving him pretty good protection. Maybe his height prevents him from seeing as much but he was not seeing what he needs to look for.

48372057_1969525509802965_4664389317303468032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=8fd3638a10a1407561bc1873032b72c4&oe=5C95B70A

First off the guy needs more timing plays and short throws where the guy stops and comes back for the ball. Second shouldn't his first and second reads go to the outside wide outs then look inside for an outlet receiver such as a tight end, running back or slot guy? Thirdly, shouldn't your tight end be your primary target in the red zone?

All that being said. To me the offense sputtered more because of the insistence to run Karlos up the middle. The guy has some wheels and thought he did pretty good when they got him running outside (he actually got a first down or two) and I think that is on Roman for not adjusting sooner.

I could not watch the game.... knew what was coming....

But yes thank for the photos. Very telling.... how much time did he have?

I could not watch the game.... knew what was coming....

But yes thank for the photos. Very telling.... how much time did he have?

Time wasn't an issue.

The Giants pass rush really didn't create much problems. This is a Tyrod problem 100%. He's not reading the field or going through his progression the way he should.

If he has an issue with seeing because of his height then we need to look to Seattle and how they use Wilson. It wouldn't hurt to look back at how we used Flutie way back when. Design more roll outs so he can see the field better.

:Where ever you go, there you are. :snoopdog:

:bills: :oldsabres:

I've thought about that.

Is his height an issue...

His height is something I have wondered about. In previous weeks he seems to work it out. He isn't obviously running much which is what I wondered what would happen if his primary receiver wasn't open. I don't know how it would be a read problem if the receiver is open unless he can't see him?

If he has an issue with seeing because of his height then we need to look to Seattle and how they use Wilson. It wouldn't hurt to look back at how we used Flutie way back when. Design more roll outs so he can see the field better.

That is exactly what I loved about the Dolphins game. They started the game with 2 designed roll outs and it was successful. This game plan was total shit from the start.

Lit, appreciate the effort. But you have to take the screen shot right at the moment when he starts his throwing motion. A few of the pics are after he released the ball and the defense already reacted and therefore some guys are open.

That being said, there is definitely room for improvement for Tyrod.

Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Eightyfive percents

His height is something I have wondered about. In previous weeks he seems to work it out. He isn't obviously running much which is what I wondered what would happen if his primary receiver wasn't open. I don't know how it would be a read problem if the receiver is open unless he can't see him?

It's a timing issue. Roman probably has him on an internal count to get the ball out. So in that amount of time, he's only processing one read, then forcing the throws to that read.

"Every single day I went out there I tried to have respect for the game and I played as hard as I possibly could." Derek Jeter 9/25/14

It's a timing issue. Roman probably has him on an internal count to get the ball out. So in that amount of time, he's only processing one read, then forcing the throws to that read.

Hmm.... seems like a long time for one read. I am surprised there isn't more interceptions if he isn't even looking in a different direction. I haven't really noticed him staring down his primary target unless he is worried of whats going on around him more than his read? Or is it he is not finding his primary and throwing to his outlet?

Yeah good work Lit. You live up to your first half of your name when you aren't pushing an agenda.

Obvious a lot of plays were left on the field, especially in the first half.

The team can't afford to give away too many more games like that. Breakdowns in all 3 phases, everyone has to execute.

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

Hmm.... seems like a long time for one read. I am surprised there isn't more interceptions if he isn't even looking in a different direction. I haven't really noticed him staring down his primary target unless he is worried of whats going on around him more than his read? Or is it he is not finding his primary and throwing to his outlet?

Well, for one thing, QBs like Brady and Manning "throw receivers open", in other words, they are confident enough to throw to a spot--be it for a primary or a check down. Yes, a lot of it is being aware what's going on around him, and I agree that his height may be giving him problems.

But I have noticed him frequently locking on to receivers.

What baffles me is his sudden reluctance to tuck it and run, when he has space to do it. That's what made him special in the preseason. I know they're trying to make him a pocket passer, but he's not using his full set of tools.

Unlike EJ's accuracy problem, I'm hopeful that full speed game experience will help Tyrod make better decisions. If it doesn't, we're back to square one.

Well, for one thing, QBs like Brady and Manning "throw receivers open", in other words, they are confident enough to throw to a spot--be it for a primary or a check down. Yes, a lot of it is being aware what's going on around him, and I agree that his height may be giving him problems.

But I have noticed him frequently locking on to receivers.

What baffles me is his sudden reluctance to tuck it and run, when he has space to do it. That's what made him special in the preseason. I know they're trying to make him a pocket passer, but he's not using his full set of tools.

Unlike EJ's accuracy problem, I'm hopeful that full speed game experience will help Tyrod make better decisions. If it doesn't, we're back to square one.

Yes the lack of running makes a semi dynamic QB seem average. Very disappointed but maybe their fear of having to go to EJ if something happens to him is just too much.