Sign in to follow this  
SackMan518

Big Time Facebook Expose Yesterday, Facebook Takes a Shit Today

Coincidence? I doubt it.

HTMzilSl.png

How losing a friend to misinformation drove Facebook whistleblower
Frances Haugen was frustrated that Facebook was not publicly acknowledging the harm its platforms could cause

Frances Haugen, the whistleblower behind a series of damaging revelations about Facebook, is adamant that she wants to help the social media company and not foment hatred of it.

The 37-year-old leaked tens of thousands of internal company documents after becoming frustrated that Facebook was not publicly acknowledging the harm its platforms could cause.

“If people just hate Facebook more because of what I’ve done, then I’ve failed. I believe in truth and reconciliation – we need to admit reality. The first step of that is documentation,” she told the Wall Street Journal, which revealed the documents in its Facebook Files series.

In her final message on Facebook’s internal system, posted when she left in May, she wrote: “I don’t hate Facebook. I love Facebook. I want to save it.”

Facebook is down, along with Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger, and Oculus VR
It’s DNS

Just as Facebook’s Antigone Davis was live on CNBC defending the company over a whistleblower’s accusations and its handling of research data suggesting Instagram is harmful to teens, its entire network of services suddenly went offline. The outage started just before noon ET, and nearly four hours later, there’s no sign or restoration, and no one from the company has offered an explanation of the issues or estimates for when the problem will be fixed.

On Twitter, Facebook communications exec Andy Stone says, “We’re aware that some people are having trouble accessing our apps and products. We’re working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible, and we apologize for any inconvenience.” Mike Schroepfer, who will step down from his post as CTO next year, tweeted, “We are experiencing networking issues and teams are working as fast as possible to debug and restore as fast as possible.”

sipping mark zuckerberg GIF

• Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Good.  I hope that shit stays down.  :niterider:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Facebook is shit. It's time to shut it down and bury it right next to Myspace and Napster

• Like 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

16 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Facebook is shit. It's time to shut it down and bury it right next to Myspace and Napster

Napster, I still hate Lars Ulrich over that one

• Like 2

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

They just found the guy who took down Facebook. That was fast!

rSLtcNPw.jpeg

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

2f37ff159372468b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nuke said:

Napster, I still hate Lars Ulrich over that one

Yeah, me too. I can't stand to see his face

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

11 hours ago, thinwhiteduke said:

This was a test run to destroy internet and banking.

ffc91447c5647c6b.jpg

2 hours ago, Woody said:

ffc91447c5647c6b.jpg

The Facebook "whistleblower" is a total fraud. She went up and testified that Facebook didn't censor enough, especially conservative content, and she wants to help fix it by making it more draconian. Facebook is also arguing for revocation of Section 230 now which sends up huge alarm flares. What a joke.

Parler @NYexile

1 minute ago, SackMan518 said:

The Facebook "whistleblower" is a total fraud. She went up and testified that Facebook didn't censor enough, especially conservative content, and she wants to help fix it by making it more draconian. Facebook is also arguing for revocation of Section 230 now which sends up huge alarm flares. What a joke.

It's all theater.  She's represented by Psaki's PR team.  I'm guessing the Dems are trying to get ahead of something.  :niterider:

5pe5y9.jpg

14 minutes ago, Woody said:

5pe5y9.jpg

It's like Exxon having a whistleblower that says they didn't have enough oil spills and need to do more.

Parler @NYexile

It's sad when Putin is taking the steps that our own government should be doing to reign this cancer in.

Putin Puts Facebook on Notice: ‘Time’s Up! I’m Setting the Internet Free from Your Icy Grip’

Speaking on behalf of Putin, Russian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said that the fault the massive Internet shutdown earlier this week highlights the dangers of giving a ‘liberal’ authoritarian California-based company control over the world’s Internet. He said Russia is preparing to make the internet sovereign again.

“We must understand that such a blackout can happen at any second, based on the processes that are now gaining momentum in the US,” Zakharova said. 

“Yesterday they showed you everything. We aren’t cutting ourselves off, but their technologies are failing to such a degree that three and a half billion people were cut off.”

Russia’s announcement of a free, sovereign internet comes just days after Putin warned Facebook that Russia would take drastic action against them if they didn’t stop promoting pedophilia on their platform.

Rt.com reports: Russia has announced it is taking steps to assert more control over social media networks operating in the country, as well as expanding its own internet infrastructure, separate from the rest of the web. In recent years, Moscow has invested in the development of its domestic online infrastructure, which it is hoped would allow the country’s internet to function autonomously should a crisis arise.

In February, former President and now Deputy Chairman of Russia’s Security Council Dmitry Medvedev stated that as a drastic last resort, the country could cut off access to its servers beyond its borders, bypassing “the key rights to control” that are currently in the hands of the US. “So potentially,” he said, “it could be the case that something extraordinary happens, everything completely blows up, [and] that the key to doing something about it is held overseas… Of course, we have a plan of how to act in such a situation.”

Following the outage, Zakharova said that faults and shutoffs are not just about losing communication, but can lead to some losing crucial business. “We are not just talking about the displeasure of the cats, whose owners did not publish their fantastic photos,” she said. “This is a matter of business, and not only of the business of large companies, but of the business of people who trade through these social networks, take orders there and provide services.”

Explaining the global system failure, Facebook wrote in a statement on Monday that “our engineering teams have learned that configuration changes on the backbone routers that coordinate network traffic between our data centers caused issues that interrupted this communication.”

What happened to facebook...

PlCVlGIg.jpeg

Parler @NYexile

ArU0pXGX.jpeg

Parler @NYexile

Parler @NYexile

Twitter 

a "whistleblower" that's pushing for more censorship is getting support from mainstream media, can the script get anymore obvious

• Like 1