Bills vs Chiefs UPDATE

Reports are that if Milano plays, it will be in specialized roles and in a limited capacity.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg.da8eee644e58a6e2caeea5d2940d9df8.jpg.902c81312093b75352203b6fe1655549.jpg

drpepper

Bills to sell PSLs for new stadium

Well, something had to give. The Bills don’t want to pay for their new stadium, and they’ve acknowledged that the fans don’t want to pay for the new stadium with Personal Seat Licenses. With the public authorities clearly not inclined to foot the whole bill, either the Bills or the fans will be footing part [more]

View the full article

For anyone new to PSL’s, that means the Bills will charge you $1,000 for the right to buy season tickets. That does NOT include your ticket cost.

You give them $1,000 and then you have the right to give them another $800-$1,200 for the actual ticket itself.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

25 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

For anyone new to PSL’s, that means the Bills will charge you $1,000 for the right to buy season tickets. That does NOT include your ticket cost.

You give them $1,000 and then you have the right to give them another $800-$1,200 for the actual ticket itself.

Well, Terry & Kim can both blow me

It ain't happening. I will still support the team but not financially anymore

2 hours ago, George said:

All the money from PSL and seasons, I can buy a huge flat screen and kick ass sound system.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, George said:

I can hear that in Carlin's voice in my head awesome.

3 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Mark me down for 3.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Next up, PSLs for your parking spot. Only $2500 one time fee + $75 per game to park your car

This is dirt cheap.

Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1

I don't have season tickets, never would with how far of a ride it is (6-7hrs)...I know that events held at MetLife, the ones that own the PSL's also have to right to buy tickets to anything held in that stadium, so would that be the case here as well? Or is it a PSL for the Bills only?

I imagine a new stadium would generate more live events, like concerts and wrestling, could make the money back by buying the tickets to those and selling them at twice the price on secondary markets.

4 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Ya'll are poor lol.

A one time fee of ~ 1-5k for something most people plan on holding for 20+ years is nothing.  About time the Bills fans realize how good they've had it with ticket prices the last 40 years and to buck up a little bit of cash

Plus you can turn around and sell it for whatever you want

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Ya'll are poor lol.

A one time fee of ~ 1-5k for something most people plan on holding for 20+ years is nothing.  About time the Bills fans realize how good they've had it with ticket prices the last 40 years and to buck up a little bit of cash

People always make this argument but it makes no sense.

Ticket prices weren’t low because of our market, they were low because the team SUCKED.

We didn’t have it good. The fact that we paid ANYTHING to see those horrible Bills teams means we we’re screwed.

The Bills should be paying us money for 20 years of crap.

4 hours ago, Psycho79 said:

$1,000 is nothing compared to what other new stadiums have charged for PSLs. 

It seems that a lot of local Buffalo fans want a modern winning football team but still want ticket prices to be the cheapest in the league. It doesn’t work that way. Blame the NFL. Not the Pegulas. 

The NFL has nothing to do with PSL’s.

Teams only use them because they’re cheap. It’s like saying “Other men cheat, so it’s okay if I cheat too”.

It has nothing to do with a modern football team.

Ticket prices make up practically nothing of a teams revenue.

NFL teams operate almost entirely on TV money.

The Bills make around $320 million a year from TV revenue. Ticket sales don’t even cover 20% of that.

2 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

The NFL has nothing to do with PSL’s.

Teams only use them because they’re cheap. It’s like saying “Other men cheat, so it’s okay if I cheat too”.

It has nothing to do with a modern football team.

Ticket prices make up practically nothing of a teams revenue.

NFL teams operate almost entirely on TV money.

The Bills make around $320 million a year from TV revenue. Ticket sales don’t even cover 20% of that.

The NFL G-4 program which provides "loans" to teams under the tag of private money is very much intertwined with PSLs. That's why almost every new stadium built with public/private money has them. As long as there is public money in the project, the league will match up to $200 million of the Pegs private money in the form of a "loan." But the loan is repaid mostly with money the team would have been giving the league as shared revenue anyway. So it's basically a free loan from the league to the team. And one of the ways the league gets their money back is by the team using PSLs. And as long as the Pegs put up at least $200 mil, there's a total of $400 mil in private money right there. And while it seems like a shakedown of the fans, it goes a long way towards being able to tell the taxpayers there's X amount of private money in the project as opposed to taxpayer money ($1,000+ X 50,000 = $50,000,000+ of "private" money). And lots of other cities would jump at the chance for a team, PSLs and all. So it really is the cost of doing business.

Basically, if there's going to be a public/private funding of the new stadium, PSLs are going to happen. And at least the Bills have said their PSL's will be basically a one time deal, good for perpetuity and transferable to children, relatives, etc. -- and can even be sold to 3rd parties. A lot of teams in the bigger markets have PSLs that only last 10 years and then have to be renewed. So there's that

https://www.greenberglawoffice.com/nfl-credit-facility-has-made-possible-new-state-of-the-art-stadiums/#:~:text=Private funding is money typically generated through means,the NFL’s G-4 program to name a few.

8 hours ago, Bumbles247 said:

The NFL G-4 program which provides "loans" to teams under the tag of private money is very much intertwined with PSLs. That's why almost every new stadium built with public/private money has them. As long as there is public money in the project, the league will match up to $200 million of the Pegs private money in the form of a "loan." But the loan is repaid mostly with money the team would have been giving the league as shared revenue anyway. So it's basically a free loan from the league to the team. And one of the ways the league gets their money back is by the team using PSLs. And as long as the Pegs put up at least $200 mil, there's a total of $400 mil in private money right there. And while it seems like a shakedown of the fans, it goes a long way towards being able to tell the taxpayers there's X amount of private money in the project as opposed to taxpayer money ($1,000+ X 50,000 = $50,000,000+ of "private" money). And lots of other cities would jump at the chance for a team, PSLs and all. So it really is the cost of doing business.

Basically, if there's going to be a public/private funding of the new stadium, PSLs are going to happen. And at least the Bills have said their PSL's will be basically a one time deal, good for perpetuity and transferable to children, relatives, etc. -- and can even be sold to 3rd parties. A lot of teams in the bigger markets have PSLs that only last 10 years and then have to be renewed. So there's that

https://www.greenberglawoffice.com/nfl-credit-facility-has-made-possible-new-state-of-the-art-stadiums/#:~:text=Private funding is money typically generated through means,the NFL’s G-4 program to name a few.

Thanks for this. I was aware of the NFL funding program because I remember reading how the Raiders were using it. I didn’t however know PSL’s were tied to repayment. I don’t recall the Bills ever saying they were going to use it. And just as recently as a couple years ago, Kim Pegula hinted that their would be no PSL’s. So maybe i’m just naive.

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

Thanks for this. I was aware of the NFL funding program because I remember reading how the Raiders were using it. I didn’t however know PSL’s were tied to repayment. I don’t recall the Bills ever saying they were going to use it. And just as recently as a couple years ago, Kim Pegula hinted that their would be no PSL’s. So maybe i’m just naive.

Or maybe Kim was naive.

I've noticed the NFL or their teams never really talk about the program. They just seem happy to say private money and leave it at that.