Bills vs Chiefs UPDATE

Reports are that if Milano plays, it will be in specialized roles and in a limited capacity.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg.da8eee644e58a6e2caeea5d2940d9df8.jpg.902c81312093b75352203b6fe1655549.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
HipKat

Former Washington tight end says Bills QB Josh Allen is 'running around' like a rookie

Plenty of theories have been floated about Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen's performance through the first two weeks. 

And so here's a hot take that might be better than much of what's been said. 

Former Washington Football Team tight end Logan Paulsen appeared on the "Grant and Danny Show" on Washington sports radio station The Fan 106.7 on Wednesday and offered this on Allen, noting the WFT might be getting the Bills at a good time. 

“To say that Josh Allen is struggling is probably a bit of an understatement," Paulsen said. "He just looks like a rookie playing quarterback. I don’t know if he’s trying to force things down the field. Defenses have made a really concerted effort to take away Stefon Diggs and force him go through his progressions. He just seems super uncomfortable. The second teams take away his first read, he doesn’t transition. His feet don’t transition well to his next read. As a result, he’s inaccurate. He’s running around. He’s trying to make plays off schedule, but he’s not doing it as well as he did it last year.

"To be fair, the offensive line has struggled over the first two weeks. … there’s room to improve there. Maybe that’s factoring into it. I think the offensive struggles are exclusively due to Allen. He doesn’t seem to be meshing well with Emmanuel Sanders, the new No. 2 receiver there who’s a very talented guy. They’ve had a some long, foul ball misses between the two of them. That would have changed the complexion of both the Steelers game and the Miami game. They probably put up 60 against Miami if they had been clicking a little bit and they probably would have won the Pittsburgh game.

"They are very close to having something very special. It just seems Allen is off. I don’t want to say regression. It’s only week 2. There’s not the data point to say that. He doesn’t look like the player he was last year, who was super dynamic.

"I would expect them to try to take the ball out of his hands, use a little more play action and I would expect him to run it based on Daniel Jones success last week. I’d expect them to modify the game plan. … That defense is tremendous. They need to get out of that defense’s way and I think they do that by running play action and running the quarterback."

WFT visits Highmark Stadium on Sunday. After the comments were posted, a Bills fan on social media noted, "This is just what Allen needed."

Grant Paulsen, the show's co-host, responded, "My guess is he will play better because he's good, not because of what someone said on the radio in DC."

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

41 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Eek

Can't say he's wrong. That's just what I was thinking, too - in both games. He looks like the Josh Allen prior to the Thursday Night Football in Dallas game which was the first time I really saw him play an entire game with composure

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Well we might not like it but there aren't a lot of lies in there. 

Allen has struggled, he does look rookiesque out there. He does seem rushed and off target. 

Now, its still early and I believe its just an adjustment period because defenses are trying on new stuff against him. Once Daboll and Josh figure it out he'll be back to normal. I doubt we see a repeat season though. In fact I wrote this on another thread before the season. Last year was off the charts good. He wasn't MVP because Rodgers went crazy, because the numbers Allen put up are MVP winners on a lot of other previous years. But I would cool off on expecting a similar year. I do expect a very good season anyway. Around 3800-4000 yards and 28-32 scores. Still a great stat line. 

• Like 1

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

im telling you, its his feet

ive rewatched the games like three times and his feet are all over the place. try to think of one time youve seen him once this season bounce around with his feet pointed at the target as he goes through his progressions like he did last year. the answer is zero, he hasnt. hes reverted back to his old habits, the worst of which is pulling his left foot sideways and pointed toward the sideline when he throws. getting him to stop that was the magic elixir that made him great last year

i personally dont think hes having a problem going through his reads, but hes doing it with his physical head, not his feet. that puts him out of alignment for when he does start to throw, and naturally hes going to struggle with accuracy. its like leaving your feet pointed way left when lining up a golf shot. guess how accurate youre gonna be

i cant imagine why he isnt going over all that again over the phone with his guru palmer guy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One set of rules for all in The Beloved Community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

To use "he's running around and forcing the ball down the field" like a rookie is a bad take considering that's essentially what mahomes, jackson and russell wilson do every game. He needs to be more accurate and have better decision making than what he's shown the 1st 2 weeks. There's really nothing more to say or analyze here.

• Thanks 1

I think he's a little snake bitten after the O-line sucked ass against Pittsburgh. He hasn't had great pockets to work with even though there was some improvement in Miami. Daboll needs to give him a break by adding in more runs, play actions, designed screens, and quicker developing routes.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

This type of talk is exactly what Allen needs to get going. Historically Josh performs extremely well after being called out.