bigvinny

Is Karlos Williams a more suitable back in Roman's offense than Shady ??

don't take this the wrong way I like Shady, he is a great player and the hammy thing had bothered him but:

seems like Karlos would be used like Frank Gore and pound it between the tackles while Shady seems to like to take it outside to use his speed.

will be interesting to see if Karlos goes over 100 yards again this week.

We hit a home run with Williams. He runs like AP and has the speed and power to be nearly as effective. It is only a matter of time before he is the number 1. I think he could lead the league in rushing next season.

No, Shady is great..the few runs ive seen and said WOW..ive had to remind myself..and this guy isnt even healthy.... Williams is just a added PLUS..and since Lit is a basher.. it was a GREAT PICK BY WHALEY! though somehow Lit will find some way to turn it into something negative like he normally does...

Adopt a Bill

11594018.jpg

heard Coach Sal say that he was the number 1 safety overall and the 8th best rated player in the US when he came out of High School.

was recruited at FSU to play safety and played that his 1st 2 years. His 1st carry as a running back was a 65 yard TD run.

Absolutely he is. We should trade Shady to Chicago for Forte or to back to Phily for Murray.

Just my 2 Cents

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"It's time for the Jedi to end." - Luke Skywalker: Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

''We will always be with you. No one's ever really gone.'' - Luke Skywalker Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

#Cup or Bust 2020 #Bowl or Bust 2020

The only minus with Shady is that if he's not on the field for every play, the run is telegraphed. In order for him to be effective he needs to be in every play.

I had no idea who Karlos Williams was until the day we drafted him. After we picked him I went straight to youtube like with all our picks and started watching highlights. The first thing I noticed is he was returning kicks for Florida State. Big time college programs like FSU probably have 5 on their roster that could return kicks at a high level in the NFL. The only reason they don't is because an NFL roster is limited in size. TO see a 6'1", 230 guy returning kicks for FSU stands out.

The second thing I noticed is he never went down on first contact. I know this isn't that unusual in college, but he seemed like he was a man amongst boys, throwing opposing players off as if they were children. This guy has elite strength and explosion.

The third thing I noticed was, when he got to the second level, he was gone. Now this is obviously not going to happen as frequently at the NFL level, but it is still going to happen sometimes, as we saw this past Sunday.

I hope Karlos Williams can stay out of trouble and stay healthy, because if he does, I truly believe he can be an All-Time Bills great. This guy is special.

Also I should mention I was able to grab him late in 4 of the 6 fantasy football leagues I play in lol.

We just signed shaddy to a new deal, no way he goes anywhere

He is not going anywhere and he shouldn't. Shady and Williams could dominate the league in rushing for the next 4-5 years. I seriously cannot think of a single pair of running backs that are better suited for a Thunder and Lightning role than Shady and KW in a very long time in the NFL. The only thing is that Williams has quite a bit of lightning himself.

I think it's to early to say just yet, We haven't seen what a healthy Shady can do in this offense. I do like what I see from Williams though he has been great so far!

yup Sandy is a good dual threat he can run AND catch the ball..just cant do all they want with him right now

Adopt a Bill

11594018.jpg

don't take this the wrong way I like Shady, he is a great player and the hammy thing had bothered him but:

seems like Karlos would be used like Frank Gore and pound it between the tackles while Shady seems to like to take it outside to use his speed.

They are both suitable for Roman's offense, they just have different running styles and Shady hasn't been healthy all year long.

Having quality depth at RB is a good thing, having 2 RB's playing well is a good thing.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

From what I have read in the media, Coach Roman builds his schemes based on the talents of the players available to him, so in a way both KW and Shady are equally suitable.

That said, if we are talking about who is more talented of the two backs right now, its too early to tell.

Hopefully Shady gets healthy soon and we all get a chance to find out.

My Adopt-A-Bill for 2013 is WR Mat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

(Wet Rubber Mat)

if (ToErr == objHuman)

{

objForgive = objDivine;

}

McCoy is a suitable back in any system. So is Karlos IMO.

I think you'd obviously rather have both. Thunder and Lightening.

McCoy is unquestionably a more dangerous passing option. Karlos just gets North / South as well as anyone i've ever seen.

We're going to need them both but either at 100% can handle the load it would seem.

Thus, REST McCOY. As long as it takes to get him 100%. A fresh Shady in November will be far more valuable than having him at 80% all year. This, of course, could change if (god forbid) Williams gets hurt in the process of resting McCoy.

Bottom line, we're REALLY lucky.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

18_allen.jpg

And to whoever said it, props i agree. Williams runs like Adrian Peterson. Now that's obviously a very big and far too premature compliment. But their style and explosion with power is exactly the same. Not saying he will be as good as AP, but he's the same kind of runner no doubt.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

18_allen.jpg

not as smooth as peterson. runs more like marshawn, maybe not as super powerful but a little faster

shady is more a barry sanders type elite scat back. i suspect we will get two more great seasons out of him (incl this one) and then he will give way to karlos and be a super 3rd down back for a couple years

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

Wtf have you seen McCoy do that made you go wow???

there was the time he developed a neural grafting procedure employing the creation of axonal pathways between the graft and a subject basal ganglia that was standard practice by the time he joined the enterprise

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

actually its four years left, by which time he will be thirty one

there was the time he developed a neural grafting procedure employing the creation of axonal pathways between the graft and a subject basal ganglia that was standard practice by the time he joined the enterprise

I must commend this response.

As to this debate, i think the number of carries is a far more relevant indicator of how much a guy has left. Unless of course you're talking about a 38 year old.

Fred definitely had plenty more to contribute.

18_allen.jpg

Shady is elite. He has skills few players in the league posses. He's a medium sized back with the power of a larger back, but impressive quickness, and is one of the best tackle breakers you will ever see.

He's just not healthy now, but like in the days of Thurmon Thomas we have a true elite athlete at the RB position who can make a few plays per game that only a few players in the league can make.

We are getting the tail end of Shady's prime, but before anyone moans about his contract, it really does telegraph what his Bills career will look like. He's set to be a workhorse for 3 seasons and all of those are still tail end prime seasons. If after 3 1k yard campaigns his wheels start to fall off the and the Bills cut him after the 2017 season they will have to eat less than $3 mil in dead cap for 2018, and save $6 mil to use elsewhere. Oh no, cap hell! Lol

Even Shady knows he won't see the $10 mil or so he'd be owed in 2019. This is a 4 year plan, not a move to retire Shady as a Bill.

I must commend this response.

As to this debate, i think the number of carries is a far more relevant indicator of how much a guy has left. Unless of course you're talking about a 38 year old.

Fred definitely had plenty more to contribute.

Know what would be even better, a 35 year old tailback with only like 100 carries. Just think of how fresh he'd be! Lol

I hope the Murray comment in this post is a total joke. It stinks to see Shady hurt, but Murray being hurt just means it's another season. I think he's about to miss his 12th game in the beginning of his 5th year. You basically need someone else for 1/4 of every season.

the number of carries is certainly a concern and will likely shorten his window of effectiveness but like buffman says i think the bills are only counting on getting four years max out of him anyway

freddie on the other hand had no chance of being a feature back anymore no matter what. BOTH years AND carries diminish a rbs effectiveness and freddie has passed his best by date. its highly unlikely he plays more than ten games even as a backup, if he was the starter he would be injured sooner rather than later. and hes lost a step and would be only moderately effective at his best

just face it, there wasnt a role for him on this team worth bumping a younger guy off the squad. thats just the way it is. i told yall back in may he was gonna get cut, all the wailing and gnashing of teeth should be over by now

In another Post-Lit Thread destruction, That made me laugh... Thank you for saving it Meat.

We haven't seen any hint that Karlos can catch the ball out of the backfield. Don't know if he can't or can, but we know Shady is a terrific receiver out of the backfield, not to mention a really solid blocker. They compliment each other. Having both of them in there when healthy creates all sorts of matchup issues for a defense. If Karlos can catch a swing pass, watch out. Having T Mobile erase the curse of Rob Johnson, J P Losman, and Todd Collins is one thing; to have Karlos Williams erase the curse of Ronnie Harmon, Antoine Smith, and C J Spiller at the same time is almost more than I can fathom. The evil trinity of no coaching, bad drafts and losing Super Bowls looks to be 2/3's complete...

a human body is not a pickup truck