Sign in to follow this  
Woody

GOP County Lawmaker Promises to Veto Public Funds for New Bills Stadium if Vax Mandate Remains

Another wrinkle in the new stadium saga.  :niterider:

Buffalo-Bills-Getty-640x480.jpg

A Republican lawmaker in Erie County, New York, has vowed to veto public funds to construct a new stadium for the Bills if a plan to force fans to provide proof of vaccination remains in place.

Erie County legislator Frank Todaro released a statement on Wednesday, outlining his stance and his firm opposition to “the path we are headed down as a society,” as it pertains to vaccine mandates:

I want to be very clear about something. For months the community has been talking about building a new stadium for the Buffalo Bills. Erie County owns the current stadium and would be responsible for building a new stadium.

The Pegulas have proposed a $1.4 billion stadium that would be fully funded by taxpayers.

As a legislator who will be asked to vote on this, that proposal was dead on arrival with me. Taxpayers cannot foot the entire bill. The negotiations for a new stadium and lease with the team are going on in private. Legislators aren’t being apprised on the developments.

The process is terrible.

Today the team joins the County Executive and announces that non-vaccinated fans can no longer attend games. I don’t represent vaccinated and non-vaccinated persons, I was elected to represent people. All people. I personally am vaccinated. It was the right decision for me. It is not the right decision for everyone and I respect that. I do not like the path we are heading down as a society, and as a legislator, I cannot support it. I will not support tax dollars to build a new stadium if rules remain in place that only certain people can use it. If everyone is paying for it, everyone should be able to use it. The rule wasn’t in place on Sunday, and Highmark Stadium was packed. Obviously, people made a choice about whether or not they thought it was safe and I believe they should have that freedom. If they don’t think it is safe, they should stay home. In conclusion, if the Bills want to make these kinds of rules on their own, they can, but they should then stop asking for significant taxpayer support. I was elected to serve, not rule. That standard seems lost on County Executive Poloncarz.

According to WKBW, “Beginning September 25 at KeyBank Center and September 26 at Highmark Stadium, all guests 12 and over will be required to provide proof of at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

“Those who are under the age of 12 will be allowed to attend, but will be required to wear a mask at all times.”

The Erie County Legislature is comprised of 11 members: Seven Democrats and four Republicans. The next election for the legislature is November 2, 2021, after the vaccine mandate goes into effect.

LINK

Nice, I'm boycotting any establishment requiring a vax to get in. I actually think I'm going to sell my Jets-Bills tickets in November because I have no doubt that MetLife Stadium is pulling the same stunt.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

10 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Nice, I'm boycotting any establishment requiring a vax to get in. I actually think I'm going to sell my Jets-Bills tickets in November because I have no doubt that MetLife Stadium is pulling the same stunt.

That's why I'm glad the one game I am going to is in Tampa...I have the card and everything, but asking me to prove it, piss off

The mandate is complete bullshit.

People should be protesting outside Poloncarz's home. 

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Another wrinkle in the new stadium saga.  :niterider:

Buffalo-Bills-Getty-640x480.jpg

A Republican lawmaker in Erie County, New York, has vowed to veto public funds to construct a new stadium for the Bills if a plan to force fans to provide proof of vaccination remains in place.

Erie County legislator Frank Todaro released a statement on Wednesday, outlining his stance and his firm opposition to “the path we are headed down as a society,” as it pertains to vaccine mandates:

I want to be very clear about something. For months the community has been talking about building a new stadium for the Buffalo Bills. Erie County owns the current stadium and would be responsible for building a new stadium.

The Pegulas have proposed a $1.4 billion stadium that would be fully funded by taxpayers.

As a legislator who will be asked to vote on this, that proposal was dead on arrival with me. Taxpayers cannot foot the entire bill. The negotiations for a new stadium and lease with the team are going on in private. Legislators aren’t being apprised on the developments.

The process is terrible.

Today the team joins the County Executive and announces that non-vaccinated fans can no longer attend games. I don’t represent vaccinated and non-vaccinated persons, I was elected to represent people. All people. I personally am vaccinated. It was the right decision for me. It is not the right decision for everyone and I respect that. I do not like the path we are heading down as a society, and as a legislator, I cannot support it. I will not support tax dollars to build a new stadium if rules remain in place that only certain people can use it. If everyone is paying for it, everyone should be able to use it. The rule wasn’t in place on Sunday, and Highmark Stadium was packed. Obviously, people made a choice about whether or not they thought it was safe and I believe they should have that freedom. If they don’t think it is safe, they should stay home. In conclusion, if the Bills want to make these kinds of rules on their own, they can, but they should then stop asking for significant taxpayer support. I was elected to serve, not rule. That standard seems lost on County Executive Poloncarz.

According to WKBW, “Beginning September 25 at KeyBank Center and September 26 at Highmark Stadium, all guests 12 and over will be required to provide proof of at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

“Those who are under the age of 12 will be allowed to attend, but will be required to wear a mask at all times.”

The Erie County Legislature is comprised of 11 members: Seven Democrats and four Republicans. The next election for the legislature is November 2, 2021, after the vaccine mandate goes into effect.

LINK

This guy apparently has no historical research skills. LOL.

The train has already left the station. In 1905 precedent was set. US Supreme Court ruled states can mandate small pox vaccine for all.

Recently a group of Texas RN's sued the requirement of Covid vaccines in their workplace required in order to work. Supreme Court threw it out on grounds the requirement was less restrictive than the precedent setting 1905 ruling. The work requirement still had a couple exemptions allowed.

• Like 1

cba fan

2 hours ago, cba fan said:

This guy apparently has no historical research skills. LOL.

The train has already left the station. In 1905 precedent was set. US Supreme Court ruled states can mandate small pox vaccine for all.

Recently a group of Texas RN's sued the requirement of Covid vaccines in their workplace required in order to work. Supreme Court threw it out on grounds the requirement was less restrictive than the precedent setting 1905 ruling. The work requirement still had a couple exemptions allowed.

I certainly was HOPING that someone would bring that horrible ruling up! Thanks for being a predictable Leftist and leaving out details like that you could just pay a $5 fine to get around it and the person in question was a pastor who had a bad reaction to the vaccine. And now this...

If you like compulsory vaccinations, you'll love child labor and the Espionage Act
A reader makes a terrific point about the context of the 1905 Jacobson Supreme Court decision (which upheld Massachusetts's right to force smallpox vaccinations)

I hadn’t even considered this, but of course he’s right. He mentions 10 terrible Supreme Court rulings below. Most - including, of course, Plessy - have been stuffed in the dustbin of history, where they belong. The left loudly cheered their reversal.

But Jacobson - a 116-year-old ruling about a virus roughly 100 times as deadly as Sars-Cov-2 - must be preserved forever and forms the core support for a mandatory vaccination scheme.

Makes total sense.

All the happy talk about Jacobson/vax has really been bothering me, so I went back and looked at the period surrounding this alleged Jewel of the Enlightenment.

Between Dred Scott and the New Deal court, the Supreme Court continuously held that individuals had few if any rights as individuals.  The vax decision [Jacobson] sits squarely in the middle of a timeline where nine white men in robes loudly scoffed at the idea that there was anything more important than the sheer brute power of business and government.

Check out the line-up of horrific cases that surround the alleged "mandatory vax is permissible" law. 

Who would want to live in a time and place where this kind of legal thinking held sway? 

• 1883: "Racial discrimination is awesome" - Civil Rights cases [8-1]
  • 1895: "Monopolies are awesome" - US v EC Knight [8-1]
  • 1896: "Separate but equal" - Plessy v Ferguson [7-1]
  • 1905: Jacobson v Massachusetts [7-2]
  • 1905: "Workers do not have and cannot have any rights vis-a-vis their employer" - Lochner v New York [5-4]
  • 1917: "You can go to jail for questioning the government" - Debs v US [9-0]
  • 1919: "You can go to jail for speech we don't like" - Schenck v US [9-0]
  • 1918: "Child labor is A-OK" - Hammer v Dagenhart [5-4]
  • 1923: "Minimum wage laws are illegal" - Adkins v Childrens Hospital [5-3]
  • 1927: "Your Fallopian tubes belong to us" - Buck v Bell [8-1]

Additionally here's a great article from the NIH explaining why this Supreme Court ruling is totally retarded and outdated.

Jacobson v Massachusetts: It’s Not Your Great-Great-Grandfather’s Public Health Law

• Like 1

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

9 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

This is the exact scenario of not being invited to a birthday party and then being "fine i wasn't gonna go to your birthday party anyways" lmao.  They are boycotting you already.  

Probably a good idea with the Jets game, NJ will probably follow suit.  I hope I'm ok for the Titans game...

The difference being that they rely on our money to stay open. If enough people are fed up they don't make money and they don't stay open.

Parler @NYexile

14 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

I certainly was HOPING that someone would bring that horrible ruling up! Thanks for being a predictable Leftist and leaving out details like that you could just pay a $5 fine to get around it and the person in question was a pastor who had a bad reaction to the vaccine. And now this...

If you like compulsory vaccinations, you'll love child labor and the Espionage Act
A reader makes a terrific point about the context of the 1905 Jacobson Supreme Court decision (which upheld Massachusetts's right to force smallpox vaccinations)

I hadn’t even considered this, but of course he’s right. He mentions 10 terrible Supreme Court rulings below. Most - including, of course, Plessy - have been stuffed in the dustbin of history, where they belong. The left loudly cheered their reversal.

But Jacobson - a 116-year-old ruling about a virus roughly 100 times as deadly as Sars-Cov-2 - must be preserved forever and forms the core support for a mandatory vaccination scheme.

Makes total sense.

All the happy talk about Jacobson/vax has really been bothering me, so I went back and looked at the period surrounding this alleged Jewel of the Enlightenment.

Between Dred Scott and the New Deal court, the Supreme Court continuously held that individuals had few if any rights as individuals.  The vax decision [Jacobson] sits squarely in the middle of a timeline where nine white men in robes loudly scoffed at the idea that there was anything more important than the sheer brute power of business and government.

Check out the line-up of horrific cases that surround the alleged "mandatory vax is permissible" law. 

Who would want to live in a time and place where this kind of legal thinking held sway? 

• 1883: "Racial discrimination is awesome" - Civil Rights cases [8-1]
  • 1895: "Monopolies are awesome" - US v EC Knight [8-1]
  • 1896: "Separate but equal" - Plessy v Ferguson [7-1]
  • 1905: Jacobson v Massachusetts [7-2]
  • 1905: "Workers do not have and cannot have any rights vis-a-vis their employer" - Lochner v New York [5-4]
  • 1917: "You can go to jail for questioning the government" - Debs v US [9-0]
  • 1919: "You can go to jail for speech we don't like" - Schenck v US [9-0]
  • 1918: "Child labor is A-OK" - Hammer v Dagenhart [5-4]
  • 1923: "Minimum wage laws are illegal" - Adkins v Childrens Hospital [5-3]
  • 1927: "Your Fallopian tubes belong to us" - Buck v Bell [8-1]

Additionally here's a great article from the NIH explaining why this Supreme Court ruling is totally retarded and outdated.

Jacobson v Massachusetts: It’s Not Your Great-Great-Grandfather’s Public Health Law

Thanks for agreeing with me. No thanks for the red herring's.

Supreme Court still using the vax ruling as precedent in the recent Texas employer mandated vaccine case they threw out.

And of course you leave out the fine option of $5 was for adults only over 21. ($155 in todays dollars)

I am also not a liberal and am completely apolitical on this health issue. Most want to bring politics into it then they are polarized to each sides postion.

• Like 1

cba fan

5 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Thanks for agreeing with me. No thanks for the red herring's.

Supreme Court still using the vax ruling as precedent in the recent Texas employer mandated vaccine case they threw out.

And of course you leave out the fine option of $5 was for adults only over 21. ($155 in todays dollars)

I am also not a liberal and am completely apolitical on this health issue. Most want to bring politics into it then they are polarized to each sides postion.

You are correct, it was a $5 fine. If I have to pay $155 to get the Branch Covidian cult off my back I'll gladly pay it.

• Thanks 1

Parler @NYexile

2 minutes ago, cba fan said:

you probably will need to pay it every year. lol

Awesome, when can we apply this "public health burden" rule to druggies, fatties, alcoholics, and people who smoke 3 packs a day?

• Like 1

Parler @NYexile

4 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Awesome, when can we apply this "public health burden" rule to druggies, fatties, alcoholics, and people who smoke 3 packs a day?

as soon as you want. I don't care.

• Haha 1

cba fan

smokers already pay high taxes on the product as do alcohol drinkers. We now tax sugary drinks in our state also.

• Like 1

cba fan

8 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

The difference being that they rely on our money to stay open. If enough people are fed up they don't make money and they don't stay open.

what's fucking ironic is that the restaurants will now be encouraged/mandated to serve only the people that likely were trying to keep them shut down for the last 18 months.  While not being able to serve the people that were fighting to keep them open

Here in LA county it looks like the vaccination proof will start October 1st, however as of now it is not law for places to follow it.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

what's fucking ironic is that the restaurants will now be encouraged/mandated to serve only the people that likely were trying to keep them shut down for the last 18 months.  While not being able to serve the people that were fighting to keep them open

Here in LA county it looks like the vaccination proof will start October 1st, however as of now it is not law for places to follow it.

A fake vaccine card is not hard to make, just google it.

I understand that if you bake a cake for a gay wedding you will not need to show any immunization proof. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Buffalochief2 said:

Once they tie everything to an app that links with medical record the cards will be useless

On 9/16/2021 at 5:42 PM, Woody said:

lol wut, this dude is going to veto the money?

Jezuz MAGATs are stupid.  He can vote against it but he cant veto it.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Buffalochief2 said:

it is also a felony and a few have been caught already. I believe in Florida, lol...... predictably.

edit: in NY City also.

• Haha 1

cba fan

3 hours ago, cba fan said:

it is also a felony and a few have been caught already. I believe in Florida, lol...... predictably.

edit: in NY City also.

It's also a crime to force vaccinations upon people. 

It's called the Nuremberg code. 

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Klaista said:

It's also a crime to force vaccinations upon people. 

It's called the Nuremberg code. 

why deflecting so far? It loses all significance when you do that. Another who does not understand or follow history.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/06/nuremberg-code-addresses-experimentation-not-vaccines/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwnJaKBhDgARIsAHmvz6fRL0ygULkoBiIYfa992dpIFQMv7yW0zXpovJeJq6e9w6gFCB5E2mUaArnZEALw_wcB

We are talking about free choice to get vaccine or not with no fine, then if you chose vaccine you get valid legal vaccine card, and then can go to optional events requiring it.

• Haha 1

cba fan

36 minutes ago, cba fan said:

why deflecting so far? It loses all significance when you do that. Another who does not understand or follow history.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/06/nuremberg-code-addresses-experimentation-not-vaccines/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwnJaKBhDgARIsAHmvz6fRL0ygULkoBiIYfa992dpIFQMv7yW0zXpovJeJq6e9w6gFCB5E2mUaArnZEALw_wcB

We are talking about free choice to get vaccine or not with no fine, then if you chose vaccine you get valid legal vaccine card, and then can go to optional events requiring it.

Well good luck finding a batch of vaccine shots from the FDA approved version and not from the EUA.

• Trump 1

Parler @NYexile

1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

Well good luck finding a batch of vaccine shots from the FDA approved version and not from the EUA.

?? Pfizer is now approved. All of the Pfizer vaccines are approved now, does not matter when manufactured. 

You goal post movers are faster than Jimmy Johns.

• Haha 1

cba fan

7 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Once they tie everything to an app that links with medical record the cards will be useless

What app I have a flip phone no apps.

1 hour ago, cba fan said:

I didn't know Hitler was running the free world.

\

• Haha 1