After that tough loss I figure it's time to look ahead to week 2 against Miami. Many times playing Miami in Miami can be a disadvantage weather wise, but considering the weather in Buffalo has been close to 80 all week, I don't see it being too big of a factor, the high for day in Miami is expected to be 87. So not that big of difference, field wise it should be hotter, but I don't think it'll be a factor.

Negatives for this game, Miami has been thinking about this one since the schedule came out. They were a win against the Bills away from the post season and they got trounced by a team that had nothing to play for. They've had to deal with that for the last 8 months. That's huge motivation for this game.

Another one, they at least on paper, ha e a better O-line than Pitt, coupled with a RB that unlike Harris, gets involved in the pass game. Harris didn't have a reception last week and Gaskin had 5. 

They have one of the better CB groups in the league. Howard and Jones are a very good duo, and the guy they drafted last year in the first should be a good nickel.

Positives for Buffalo - Unlike Pitt, Miami doesn't have a top pass rusher, not even close to either Watt or Heyward. So hopefully the line can give Allen more time. By blitzing, which they should do to get some kind of pressure, it should give some one on one matchups which the Bills should be able to take advantage of.

Allen shines against Miami, he seems to always do well against them. Mac Jones had a really good game Sunday, despite Miami's secondary, so Allen shouldn't have an issue. 

Tua, he has his moments but I'm still not impressed and the Bills should be able to get some turnovers. 

Overall, I think it's a tougher matchup than it has been the last few years. I think Miami will come out and play on emotions during the first half and won't be surprised if they have the lead going into half. Emotions wear off and the Bills get a couple turnovers from Tua to take the win.

Bills - 27

Phins - 20

• Like 1

You know what would also be nice? A game breaking play. It’s what propelled the Steelers to victory and what propelled the Bills to all those big wins at the end of the season…pic 6s, kick returns, bombs for TDs, fumble returns for TDs, whenever we didn’t get those last season the games were a L or a very close W. 

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

3 hours ago, seandelevan said:

You know what would also be nice? A game breaking play. It’s what propelled the Steelers to victory and what propelled the Bills to all those big wins at the end of the season…pic 6s, kick returns, bombs for TDs, fumble returns for TDs, whenever we didn’t get those last season the games were a L or a very close W. 

Agreed, it was nice those last few weeks of the season when they were blowing teams out, would be nice to see that this week. Hopefully they come out guns blazing

• Thanks 1

The Dolphins are an over rated team that will finish below the Bills & Patriots

I am calling it now

Bottom line is if the Bills are as good as we think they are then they will be 1-1 sometime around 4:00 Sunday afternoon.

2 hours ago, Greg said:

Bottom line is if the Bills are as good as we think they are then they will be 1-1 sometime around 4:00 Sunday afternoon.

2 hours ago, George said:

The Dolphins are an over rated team that will finish below the Bills & Patriots

I am calling it now

I agree they aren't as good as people think, they were a fumble away from being 0-1 to a rookie QB. But that's why this game becomes so important for the Bills, they can't get 2 games back and let Miami get a swagger 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Baldat28 said:

Oh, I think the fins are pretty good but the Patriots have the better QB

That kid is very consistent, reminds me of Herbert...

1 hour ago, George said:

Oh, I think the fins are pretty good but the Patriots have the better QB

That kid is very consistent, reminds me of Herbert...

Yeah, and the Phins secondary is one of the the better secondaries in the league and he still looked good. I still say this year and probably next year, it's the Bills division to lose, but the other three are closing the gap quickly, cause Wilson looked pretty good too

• Thanks 1