Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
seandelevan

So Glad We Picked 3 Defensive Ends in 2 Years…

Recommended Posts

Especially one of the them wasn’t even active. 
 

I also said that I hope the Bills don’t become the next Green Bay and neglect offense for most of Allen’s career. Off to a good start eh? 
 

and no, drafting a RB and a TE that rarely caught passes in college doesn’t qualify. Was banging the table for oline, WR, TE in any order with our first two picks last draft. But hey, glad we got pressure on Big Ben for a couple quarters. 


F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to agree with this.  NFL teams of today don't really need defensive ends - you can find anyone on waivers to put out there and they will perfectly able to rush the QB and set the edge.

If you have a pair of aging defensive ends, don't bother trying to set up their replacements - they just are not needed at all.

  • Haha 1

I put a spell on you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The four best consistent pass rushers they've had since drafting Bruce Smith 36 years ago are:

Bryce Paup, Aaron Schobel, Jerry Hughes, and Mario Williams.

Total draft picks used to acquire these four? One solitary 2nd rounder.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't think Rousseau played that bad...but watching Monday night, Oweh seemed to be all over the place, the guy went one pick after we took Rousseau, might be kicking themselves on that one 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Down and Out said:

Give it a rest bro...ur shtick is getting old....

What shtick? For years I bitched about the over emphasis of playing defensive football. Last year I was proven right when Allen was finally given weapons and the team EXPLODED despite average defensive play…..but now we blow more picks on defense…and for what? I wanted to make our strength stronger. How nice would it have been to have a stud tackle? Or a big bodied WR like a chase Claypool? Smfh 


F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thurmal said:

The four best consistent pass rushers they've had since drafting Bruce Smith 36 years ago are:

Bryce Paup, Aaron Schobel, Jerry Hughes, and Mario Williams.

Total draft picks used to acquire these four? One solitary 2nd rounder.

And even if Rousseau pans out….it will be what? 2023? 2024? When he starts making an impact…Sanders and Beasley will be gone. Allen will be in his late 20s and Diggs will probably be past his prime. 
 

And to find out Steelers signed Melvin Ingram for chump change…

  • Thanks 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

What shtick? For years I bitched about the over emphasis of playing defensive football. Last year I was proven right when Allen was finally given weapons and the team EXPLODED despite average defensive play…..but now we blow more picks on defense…and for what? I wanted to make our strength stronger. How nice would it have been to have a stud tackle? Or a big bodied WR like a chase Claypool? Smfh 

I get it , I think everyone on this board gets it, but bro, you are fucking broken record. I'm not happy at all with the team in general right now.  That was a Shit show we watched Sunday afternoon.  A rookie DE was supposed to take over the game? Rousseau did not play like an all pro in first game?  I don't understand why Basham didn't play especially with Star not playing.  Frazier was playing pussy ball and it worked in the 1st half, IMO the issue has always been and still is in game adjustments.  Lastly Daboll quite possibly called the worst game as Bills OC.  oLine got their junk pushed in, Allen wasn't getting help and regressed.  Wrs weren't getting separation and had several drops.  I think not having Allen working with starting Offense in preseason games hurt us the most.  I'm done!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bucs, Giants, and Steelers and Browns showed how to attack high powered offences, You dont defend them, you attack them. Its why Bills reloaded on DL.


It is the way.

 

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

 

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

 

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

 

#Cup or Bust 2021 #Bowl or Bust 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, daryls61 said:

Bucs, Giants, and Steelers and Browns showed how to attack high powered offences, You dont defend them, you attack them. Its why Bills reloaded on DL.

Cool. Wake me up in 5-10 years when all their d linemen mature. Cam Heyward, Melvin Ingram, Ndamukong Sun, William Gholston, and Jason Pierre Paul are all in their 30s. 

  • Like 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't be surprised if come late April, they draft D-line again, other than Oliver, they don't have much there after this season...I'm betting it will at least be on the D side, whether it's a DT or CB

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Baldat28 said:

Don't be surprised if come late April, they draft D-line again, other than Oliver, they don't have much there after this season...I'm betting it will at least be on the D side, whether it's a DT or CB

madness going crazy GIF by HULU

  • Haha 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...