Bills vs Chiefs UPDATE

Reports are that if Milano plays, it will be in specialized roles and in a limited capacity.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg.da8eee644e58a6e2caeea5d2940d9df8.jpg.902c81312093b75352203b6fe1655549.jpg

Sean McDermott reiterated the same comment about 100 times in his postgame news conference: He needs to coach better. No argument here. What happened to the McDermott who showed such aggressiveness on fourth down last year? That went away in the AFC championship game against the Chiefs, and unfortunately didn’t return Sunday.

McDermott punted on fourth-and-1 from his own 46-yard line in the first quarter and again on fourth-and-3 from the Pittsburgh 43 on his team’s next possession. That’s absolutely inexcusable. To make matters worse, offensive coordinator Brian Daboll called a flea flicker on the third-and-1 play that came before the punt. With two chances to gain 1 yard, it's no time to get cute. Just run your 237-pound quarterback ahead to gain 3 feet.

That wasn’t the worst play call made by Daboll on Sunday, though. That distinction goes to the backward pass to Breida on fourth-and-1 at the start of the fourth quarter. The play was dead in the water, as Breida was blown up almost immediately. “I mean, yeah, I got to do a better job with that,” McDermott said. Again, no argument here. The Bills didn't look ready to play. That's on the coach. Now, it's on him to fix it to get a season with such high expectations on track.

Report Card: Questionable coaching calls, offensive failures lead to ugly grades in Bills' opening loss

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

McDermott’s first two years, my assessment of him was, good practice coach/ horrible game day coach. How many times his first couple years did we see this team go in with a lead at halftime. Only to come out and give up a scoring drive and go three and out. He was constantly getting out coached at halftime. Last year, there was a couple exceptions, so I had hoped they turned the corner. I guess not. Now, he’s never going to out coach an Andy Reid team. He’s probably good enough to constantly be in the playoff hunt. That’s where my dilemma is for me. Is that good enough? Considering  where this team has been since Marv and how well the Pegulia’s are doing finding a coach for the Sabres,  it might have to be.

• Thanks 2

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

16 minutes ago, Nuke said:

McDermott’s first two years, my assessment of him was, good practice coach/ horrible game day coach. How many times his first couple years did we see this team go in with a lead at halftime. Only to come out and give up a scoring drive and go three and out. He was constantly getting out coached at halftime. Last year, there was a couple exceptions, so I had hoped they turned the corner. I guess not. Now, he’s never going to out coach an Andy Reid team. He’s probably good enough to constantly be in the playoff hunt. That’s where my dilemma is for me. Is that good enough? Considering  where this team has been since Marv and how well the Pegulia’s are doing finding a coach for the Sabres,  it might have to be.

He has never learned and we see it every week, how to make halftime adjustments. It's not just the team that's down that has to make adjustments. Team that's ahead also needs to make adjustments so that they're not predictable and the Bills never do that.

Also, it seems every year we suffer through ridiculous game calling on the offense until Brian default finally figures it out and stops playing so conservative, I hope that starts this week

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Total team loss. 4 or 5 guys played well and that was it. 

But yeah. Guilty party No. 1 is McD. This team wasn't ready. I mean even if they had somehow squeaked by it wasn't pretty. They look unprepared on every facet of the game. 

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

He always seems to get out coached coming out after halftime. He had a nice run last year for a while, but most of the time he can't seem to make proper adjustments

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

It just doesn’t make sense to my brain.

How do you keep making the same mistake over and over again?

I just don't see how we can plainly see it and he can't??

Seek help. soflabillsfan