Sign in to follow this  
John10

Josh Allen and Crowds in the Stadium

The only thing that comes up for me as to why the Bills Offense was so bad yesterday is that Josh Allen performs worse when he plays before a crowd of fans. Whether opposing fans or home fans. Allen excelled at Quarterback last season because there were no crowds of fans making noise. I hope Allen can learn to play great in front of a full stadium of fans. Here's hoping for that. 

i feel sorry for the fans that were at the game yesterday. a heartbreaker for all  of us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Victor7 said:

I still can't buy into this theory. 

I think its a coincidence. Our last 3 games have all seen Josh struggle. I know all 3 had fans. But you know what they also had ? ... the same game plan. Bmore did it, Kansas did it and Pitt too. Lots of zone and getting pressure with the DL. Remember the Championship game with the Kansas DL chasing Josh all over the place? It was the same yesterday. Pitt blitzed maybe 2 or 3 times the entire game. Watt, Ingram and Heyward abused our OL like they were playing vs high school backups. I think its that, not the crowd thing. 

Yup, we've been exposed. 

6 hours ago, John10 said:

i feel sorry for the fans that were at the game yesterday. a heartbreaker for all  of us. 

This is why, after years of going to Bills games since the early 90s, I stopped going starting in 2006. I was done. Being out of town doesn’t help but last year would have been the first time I seriously would have gone to a game. Thanks to covid that didn’t happen. This year I was about to pull the trigger on either the Panther or Falcon game….but after yesterday? Lol

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

16 hours ago, John10 said:

The only thing that comes up for me as to why the Bills Offense was so bad yesterday is that Josh Allen performs worse when he plays before a crowd of fans. Whether opposing fans or home fans. Allen excelled at Quarterback last season because there were no crowds of fans making noise. I hope Allen can learn to play great in front of a full stadium of fans. Here's hoping for that. 

Sorry, can't buy into this.

Both things are viable and both are a problem. Josh cant be a star only when guys are running free and wide open. The real studs get it done against good Ds tight coverage and pressure.   He also had lots of bad passes when guys were open was jittery too hyped or whatever happens when fans are in the stands.  I continue to say this is a different game if he hits Sanders on the second drive wide open for a 10 nothing lead in the first quarter

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

i meant to say i feel bad for the fans that went to the game. a little different meaning than sorry. 

i think if there were no Kansas City fans in the stands in last season's AFC Championship game, the Bills would have made it to the Super Bowl. 

i saw a documentary awhile ago on the NFL Network that said the Bills lost the AFC Championship game the season just before going on their four Super Bowl run. i forgot which team the Bills lost to. 

13 hours ago, John10 said:

i meant to say i feel bad for the fans that went to the game. a little different meaning than sorry. 

i think if there were no Kansas City fans in the stands in last season's AFC Championship game, the Bills would have made it to the Super Bowl. 

i saw a documentary awhile ago on the NFL Network that said the Bills lost the AFC Championship game the season just before going on their four Super Bowl run. i forgot which team the Bills lost to. 

Two years before, to Cincy, followed that season up with a lose the Cleveland I. The divisional round, then went to 4 straight

• Thanks 1