Sign in to follow this  
seandelevan

This is What it All Came Down to….

Not Allen. Not our punter. Not on the play calling. It’s much simpler than all that window dressing. 

And it defies all logic. Yet is fucking typical. 

Steelers have an ELITE defensive line. Everyone knows that. And DOMINATED our oline. Made Allen’s life miserable. That’s fucking expected. I’m not surprised at all by that. Who gives a shit. 

Heres the hilarious/sad part….

For YEARS the Bills have invested in the D line wanting to be like the Steelers. Cool. Whatever. Y’all know how inefficient I think that is but whatever. 

Despite all this “talent” you can’t dominate the Steelers patch work oline? Are you FUCKING telling me…all these first and second rounders and high priced free agents…can’t force multiple sacks, fumbles or interceptions against FUCKING SCRUBS? AT HOME! And with this hostile environment they looked like fucking the best oline in the league. 

They had what? Two false starts? Did they even get called for any holds? Fucking scrubs and rookies? ARE YOU KIDDING?LOL 

MEANWHILE our oline…our veteran oline AT HOME was holding all day. FUCK THIS TEAM

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Our O-Line getting brutalized by their D-Line was a big big reason.

But the main reason we lost was the blocked punt.

It was at minimum a tie without that block.

• Like 1

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

And the pressure we did get…Ben just heaved it up and his dudes made plays or getting flags. 

Meanwhile our dudes are dropping shit or getting manhandled because they’re all 6 foot 180 pounds. 

Could have had AJ Brown but hey Cody Ford…😂😂😂😂😂

Frazier rarely calls an aggressive gameplan. He did so surprisingly against Baltimore, it worked like a charm, so of course he abandoned it immediately.

3 minutes ago, Thurmal said:

Frazier rarely calls an aggressive gameplan. He did so surprisingly against Baltimore, it worked like a charm, so of course he abandoned it immediately.

I dunno…seems like we were bringing the house on almost every down. And they either beat it with quick outs or like I said heaved it up. And they’re bigger receivers and tight ends made plays or got flags. 

Oh and I forgot to mention….beside Haden…all

ive been hearing is how shitty their secondary is……HA

• Thanks 2

Gonna go out on a limb here…..

In the 2022 Draft, Bills will select…..another defensive linemen 🤣 

idk what game you were watching but if we are talking specific players or coaches, the main reason they lost is bc josh allen sucked today

there were at least four occasions the bills were driving and needed a first down to keep it going, a receiver has broken free and was wide open by nfl standards, and josh just flat out missed him. standard nfl throw executed properly by most qbs including backups ... and josh just missed them. its like somebody took a screwdriver and made a one-quarter turn on his aiming sight

throw in the indecision, the fumbles, and not adjusting to scramble quicker when jailbreaks occurred, and it was like watcing josh 2018 all over again

they had multiple drives where each td would put pitts in a bigger hole, and allen was the one fucking them up

i wish i could talk to him in private. id ask him, you know all that stuff you did with feet alignment, getting your hips in front of your arm, making your body a coil, remember all that? did you review and work on ANY of that all summer? bc it looked like you forget every fucking thing that made you runner up mvp last year. you looked like a rookie and man was it ugly. wtf, dude

granted, all the penalties at crucial times and the blocked punt didnt help. but if we just had average josh from last year, the blocked punt wouldnt have even mattered

• Like 1

One set of rules for all in The Beloved Community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

I agree it looked like old Josh. I was expecting a better comeback attempt at the end to but it was lame. They are gonna have to deal with the heat in Miami besides a good football team. I never believed the hype and lost a lot  confidence in them

• Thanks 1

I also wonder if Allen doesn't play well in front of a crowd. Sure kinda seems like it.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Meathead said:

idk what game you were watching but if we are talking specific players or coaches, the main reason they lost is bc josh allen sucked today

there were at least four occasions the bills were driving and needed a first down to keep it going, a receiver has broken free and was wide open by nfl standards, and josh just flat out missed him. standard nfl throw executed properly by most qbs including backups ... and josh just missed them. its like somebody took a screwdriver and made a one-quarter turn on his aiming sight

throw in the indecision, the fumbles, and not adjusting to scramble quicker when jailbreaks occurred, and it was like watcing josh 2018 all over again

they had multiple drives where each td would put pitts in a bigger hole, and allen was the one fucking them up

i wish i could talk to him in private. id ask him, you know all that stuff you did with feet alignment, getting your hips in front of your arm, making your body a coil, remember all that? did you review and work on ANY of that all summer? bc it looked like you forget every fucking thing that made you runner up mvp last year. you looked like a rookie and man was it ugly. wtf, dude

granted, all the penalties at crucial times and the blocked punt didnt help. but if we just had average josh from last year, the blocked punt wouldnt have even mattered

He wasn't taking what the Steeler's were giving him, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Meathead said:

Yeah don’t want to let Allen off the chain that’s for sure. He was pretty clean in the pocket on that miss to Sanders for the TD. But few people thought we were gonna light up this defense…and we didn’t. My question is when will our D light someone up? With all this attention to it I kinda find it mind blowing that a patchwork oline…in loud ass Highmark stadium or whatever it’s called…can essentially keep Big Ben clean? And yes, he got rid of the ball fast….yet that’s what I predicted in March with all these rumors of beefing up the d line….most qbs will avoid pass rushes with quick hitters. Maybe Tua will be different? 

1 hour ago, seandelevan said:

My question is when will our D light someone up?

Good question, I haven't seen this defense kick anyone's ass with forcing turnovers. We have that "Bend don't break" philosophy in effect and they've done a good but not great job during McD's tenure. Problem is for the offense and defense he wants to run we need a game breaking RB and one defensive lineman that's elite and we don't have either.

• Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

O-line was terrible, D-Line looked good in the first half and then disappeared in the second. They didn't have many sacks but they were breaking through the line and getting pressure, then they let up and it cost them. It's like the coaches do t know how to make in game adjustments, they keep to their gameplay after the half, even if it's not working.   

Allen didn't look good at all....but I also put a lot of that of the line, they were getting blown up and when they weren't getting blown up they were holding...that drive where they had 4 holds and 3 accepted, you can't expect a team to convert three times when they're looking at 1st and 20. It turns a FG drive from 40 yards to 70.

They have a lot of work to do, luckily it's still week one, so hopefully this humbles them.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Meathead said:

i think the core reason why josh and much of the rest of the team sucked today was because despite opie and the vets telling them a hundred times a day we aint won nuthin yet, the non-stop coverage of the bills the last few weeks as if its impossible they wont make the sb with josh as mvp fucked with their heads

the margin for winning and sustained success at this level is so tiny that if you arent hungry and desperate when you stop on the field, youre probably going to lose. this wasnt the jags they were playing, this was the team that went, what, 10-0 to start last year. but you couldnt watch tv, pick up a mag, or read a newpaper/web article about sports without seeing pictures of josh and digs. it felt like half of all nfl stories told the last week were how the bills were sb favs and josh was mvp fav

despite opie and the bean and the vets that had been there telling them they better not take pitts lightly, i think they did. i think all the attention seeped into their ear like a burrowing insect and sucked out that part of their brain that made them remember how hard they had to work and how laser focused they had to be

they didnt forget how to play and win football games. they forgot all the sacrifice it took to get there. i hope that pain burns in their heart when they are up at 4am tomorrow trying to figure out how they could look like such a steaming pile of shit against an over the hill qb and an oline started 2 rookies and 2 FA's

they had that game in the bag if they just didnt keep shooting themselves in the dick

They played like they’ve believed all the hype and forgot how to earn it. 

I also have a question on fitness level. They hung in there for a while but really started to get dominated late in the second half. Are they lacking in fitness?

• Thanks 2

Allen made mistakes but he had some dropped passes too. With the penalties, blocked punt, etc…. it was a complete team loss. 

• Thanks 1

josh has shown the strong correlation of something being his first time, something he hasnt dealt with before, and him freezing up, jittering up, clenching up, whatever. having a bad, fugly game is what to call it. this time is was having your balls about as virtually gag-sucked in the lead up to this season

the good news is that he responded super well to his first crisis (sub-'18'19) in a spectacularly positive manner, almost all season last year. honestly unprecedented in some important ways. in no way short of amazing

unfortunately its only one season. they wipe the slate clean and now we start 0-1, with mai-WAS-hou-kc-ten as the next five. 2-2-1?

and allen blew for this seasons first real one. against an assumed top seed rival. obviously, an anomaly. right? right?!

the salient question now, obviously, is can he lead them back to high seed contention and another long playoff run? of course he could, but helltf if i know if he will. dont ask me after just today cuz he BLEW. whole damn team, except most of the defense. gonna need to see a whole other josh to give me hope, last years instead of the rookie

even if they only went 3-2 in the next 5, especially they beat mia & ten, theyd be in decent to good position for a playoff push. unless they beat kc later in the season they are likely not the top seed, so they will have to win at least one road playoff game if they are to win the bowl this season (does it feel like it now?). still have a chance to string a bunch together at any time, just cant suck and commit penalties at disastrous times. or turn the ball over. pathetic start. except parts of the defense

a five win steak after this wouldn't shock me, either. well, kc would. but the bills are a team that could rip off of bunch of their own, or just as easily stick to wwwl, which could still work. none of that gonna happen with josh playing like a long retro version of himself, though

this team has also shown it can win away games. im not too worried about that

im worried about HIM. first time largest paid nfl player ever. first time national tv advertisements. first time opponent crowd noise. first time ever entering the season with the media saturating josh as the mvp and sb winner

should I be worried about HIM? he cant really pull a fitz, can he? where did todays rookie-looking accuracy issues suddenly come from? i dont know whether to trust him or go seandelevan on his ass. YOU SUCK, JOSH. GAME OVER, MAN! GAME OVER!

it would be great if they sort of  mind melded and ripped of an 11 game winning streak or something josh awesome like that. like he goes back to practice and he spends all this extra time rebuilding his mechanics from last year, and it works. he finds his magic groove that we all saw. and wins the next ten or more. and then we all live happily ever after

ill still take 3-2, if i have to. but they'd need to be mostly stacking wins in the last ten if they want to be in the hunt for one of the higher seeds, and thats gonna be tough at 3-3. so 4-1 would be better, especially if it could be mia-WAS-kc-ten. itd take one or even two losses against lower teams if it meant head-to-head against the strong ones youll be tie-breaking for the playoffs

probably need to win at least 11 total to be in good shape to make the playoffs. and at least 13 including beating kc in kc, to have a shot at home field. thats how killer todays loss was. now they can probably only lose 2-3 more to have a shot at the bye. kc becomes almost a playoff game, and thats only if we havent lost more than four by then. killer

bad day to regress, josh. sheesh

• Thanks 1

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

49 minutes ago, Psycho79 said:

Allen made mistakes but he had some dropped passes too. With the penalties, blocked punt, etc…. it was a complete team loss. 

it was a complete team stinker. but josh was the biggest factor in our losing

if he hits two of the four horrendous misses i counted today, we probably extend our lead by at least one if not two tds and pit is in a bigger pit at halftime. that increases the bills cushion and ups their likely win pcent

every qb misses guys. but these were all big play potential throws, to open guys that should be closer to automatic than missing them every which way. im no even counting the 3 or so long balls, all exactly 2.5 yds too long (hint, hint)

if it wasnt going to make me sick id rewatch the game and give names and times. but i think i would throw up watching that game again, and my vomit isnt going to help anything

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Meathead said:

it was a complete team stinker. but josh was the biggest factor in our losing

if he hits two of the four horrendous misses i counted today, we probably extend our lead by at least one if not two tds and pit is in a bigger pit at halftime. that increases the bills cushion and ups their likely win pcent

every qb misses guys. but these were all big play potential throws, to open guys

if it wasnt going to make me sick id rewatch the game and give names and times. but i think i would throw up watching that game again, and my vomit isnt going to help anything

Kelly had games like this. 

Google Bills vs KC, early 90’s. 1990 or 1991.

• Thanks 2

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

14 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

yeah i know. every qb does

its just the timing and the hyper-hyping and them, looking like they werent ready, and then turned into confused zombies. . except most of the defense, which was pretty good except when it had to be in the fourth. by then the whole bills team looked like somebody pulled the network plug bc the bills teamwork was mostly weak

the team just looked UNPREPARED. Josh missing wide open guys that easily could have changed the game had they been completed. the steelers d was good last year, too. but those bills ripped those steelers a new one. that all feels so empty, now

• Thanks 1

I wonder if not playing in the preseason had an effect on them.

10 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Everyone has had games like this.

11 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Those were the “Happy Feet” Kelly games. Games where the opponent had a stifling game plan on D that the Bills couldn’t adjust against.