Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Don’t think McD agreed with Daboll’s 4th down play call (EDIT: confirmed)

Reporter asked him what went wrong on the 4th down play. 

McD responded something along the lines of “The one where we threw it several yards behind us? yeah…”

The way he said it,  makes it sound like he did not like that playcall at all.

In fact, his whole press conference was quite testy. A reporter asked him what the explanation was from the ref regarding Wallace’s pass interference. He responded “I don’t want to get into it”.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

1 minute ago, LiterateStylish said:

McD responded something along the lines of “The one where we threw it several yards behind us? yeah…”

In fact, his whole press conference was quite testy. A reporter asked him what the explanation was from the ref regarding Wallace’s pass interference. He responded “I don’t want to get into it”.

Good, I like that he's pissed about it, he should be 

Daball had a horrible day. That was one of the worst ones. Sticking with the QB keeper when it was so well defended was idiotic and could have got Josh killed. 

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

2 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Hmmm….maybe it’s more of a shot at Allen? He is talking about the throw and not the play itself.

if you look at that play #20 of the Steelers blew it up….if he kept following McKenzie behind the d line it would have left that side of the field WIIIIIDE OPEN and it would have been a Bills touchdown. Similar to what we did in Seattle years ago. 

I can’t believe Allen didn’t see him standing there and waiting for it and check out of it. 

if that play worked it had touchdown written all over it. Allen fucked up.

• Thanks 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Allen should've audibled. Burrow, in the Bengals-Vikes game, had a very similar situation in OT. Audibles to pass because the line was stacked, and won the game. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Hmmm….maybe it’s more of a shot at Allen? He is talking about the throw and not the play itself.

if you look at that play #20 of the Steelers blew it up….if he kept following McKenzie behind the d line it would have left that side of the field WIIIIIDE OPEN and it would have been a Bills touchdown. Similar to what we did in Seattle years ago. 

I can’t believe Allen didn’t see him standing there and waiting for it and check out of it. 

I disagree.

He didn't follow McKenzie because he passed McKenzie off to the CB on the other side.

It was just a really bad play for the formation the defense was in. 

• Thanks 2

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

3 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

He should be pissed. And him being pissed should carry over to Miami, where they win big, not survive.

And as for Daboll, McBeane brought him to Buffalo very early. I don't think they interviewed anybody else. Not sold on him, never have been.

33 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Or, Allen could have sneaked the ball up the middle and got the first down.

• Thanks 2

That single play was definitely the head scratcher of the game. With the way the Pittsburgh D-line was playing I never would have gone for a gadget play like that unless it was on the opposite side of a known blitz.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

19 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

I don't think anyone agreed with that call. 

That was just inexplicable. Game changed right there. 

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

That play was guaranteed suicide.  Makes me wonder if Allen pulled that one out of his back pocket.  :niterider:

Dumb.  Even if executed properly.  The running back, Gilliam was way late getting over to block and no one took care of the outside rusher.  And, Allen hid his intent badly.  He would have had cards falling out of his sleeve if that was a card trick.  My first thought was why would you thrown six yards backwards to start a play to gain one yard for a first down.  

• Thanks 1

wynona's big brown beaver cowboys GIF by Primus

Daboll has always had 1 or 2 calls every fucking game!  That being said...wtf. option it out or something.  Dumbass play call, but.....O also wasn't very crisp all game either.   Allen was once again too pumped up.  Make that kid smoke a dooby before the game please, something...

That fourth down call.

Not getting a TD after the big McKenzie return

and....

missing Sanders on a wide open deep pass are the plays and sequences that hurt the most in this game.

Way too many missed opportunities to even think about winning this game.

Daboll has a lot of these trick plays. We love it when it works. Beasley throws a TD pass or Josh catches one. The thing is, he's almost predictable. You can expect some kind of fakaroo play in short yardage or on 3rd and goal in almost every game.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who sat there completely expecting some sort of fakaroo play on that 4th down. I seriously wasn't one bit surprised. I wasn't happy, but I wasn't surprised either. And apparently neither were the Steelers.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Down and Out said:

Daboll has always had 1 or 2 calls every fucking game!  That being said...wtf. option it out or something.  Dumbass play call, but.....O also wasn't very crisp all game either.   Allen was once again too pumped up.  Make that kid smoke a dooby before the game please, something...

Early on, just hit the short, easy passes. Just taking what the defense gives you can go a long way in developing the confidence of your QB.

• Thanks 1