1 minute ago, Coach'sUncle'sSon said:

We had 2 sacks. Mentioning Trubisky is pretty stupid since we don't play him unless something happens to Allen. 

Personally, I felt really under-appreciated for all the praying I did last year and stopped praying during this week & this game. If you don't believe I have/had any affect on the outcome, I can skip praying next week too. It's really a huge drain on my social life and knocks the shit out of me for the day, and I don't get intoxicated... just parched.

One was on a safety blitz.  Doesn’t count. The other was old man Addison in the first. His only tackle. Rousseau had 2 tackles. Hughes only had an assist. Epenesa and Obada were goose eggs in the stat column. And Basham was inactive. I was really excited about this group, especially vs a reworked, mostly inexperienced Steelers line and it was a major letdown.

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

43 minutes ago, Coach'sUncle'sSon said:

We had 2 sacks. Mentioning Trubisky is pretty stupid since we don't play him unless something happens to Allen. 

Personally, I felt really under-appreciated for all the praying I did last year and stopped praying during this week & this game. If you don't believe I have/had any affect on the outcome, I can skip praying next week too. It's really a huge drain on my social life and knocks the shit out of me for the day, and I don't get intoxicated... just parched.

That’s the point! People were mentioning that we were better because of Trubisky. My point all along was, no we’re not! The only situation Trubisky comes in is if Allen is hurt. If Allen is hurt, season is over. In other words, saying we’re better because of Trubisky is dumb.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

2 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Some of you mentioned our D-Line being better. How many sacks did we have today? How many turnovers did they force?

Some of you mentioned our backup QB being better. How much did Trubisky help us today?

Our Defense did its job.  I will defend them.  The Steelers only got 1 offensive TD and we held them to 16 points.  Its not their fault Sanders, Beasley, and Diggs kept dropping passes.  Fuck, when Knox has the least drops of all you know you are doing something wrong.  The D made their run irrelevant.  The D slowed down old man Rapistburger. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Herodotus said:

Our Defense did its job.  I will defend them.  The Steelers only got 1 offensive TD and we held them to 16 points.  Its not their fault Sanders, Beasley, and Diggs kept dropping passes.  Fuck, when Knox has the least drops of all you know you are doing something wrong.  The D made their run irrelevant.  The D slowed down old man Rapistburger. 

I wouldn't point to the WRs being the problem today.  It falls on the line and then Allen

Just now, Laughing Coffin said:

I wouldn't point to the WRs being the problem today.  It falls on the line and then Allen

I saw lots of catchable passes not hauled in.  Sanders had two very very catchable passes.  Allen did have a lot of off the mark passes, but its on the receivers too, and the line.  Oh god the line was hot fucking garbage all day.  The refs? Okay, they did throw some flags for PI I wouldn't have, but if the line doesn't kill three drives with stupid penalties the ref calls would have been irrelevant.  We beat ourselves today.

After one game, I'm not sure about those things that were mentioned but I do know one thing we did not get better at and that is halftime adjustments. Pittsburgh adjusted and once again we did not just like we never do at halftime. Have time adjustments are Sean McDermott's Achilles heel

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

3 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Slow as molasses.

We paid more for a worse punter.

Gee whiz, you act like it's a bad thing that he punted one into the end zone lol

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

2 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

It all comes down to this: 16 points.

The defense held them to 16 points.

You can’t expect better than that. That’s top 10.

Offense has to be better. Special Teams has to be better.

And their defense held us to 16 too. Works both ways. All I’m saying is we didn’t hold the Chiefs to 16 points. We held an old n slow qb behind a suspect oline…at home..to 16. 

With the resources invested in the d line we should have held them to ZERO points….or at least get some sacks, fumbles, interceptions. But we didn’t. No game changing plays. Why can their D do it but not ours? 

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

3 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

The answer is a resounding NO.

- We traded John Brown for Sanders. Brown drops nothing. Sanders drops a huge pass that led would have been a first down. Instead, we had to punt - This is where the the blocked punt happened. Cutting Brown may have literally lost us this game.

- We traded Bojo for Haack, and it cost us more money to do it. Outside of 1 good punt, he sucked (and has sucked all preseason).

- We let Andre Robert’s walk. McKenzie had 1 good kickoff return that literally anyone could have had (the hole was huge). The rest of the game, he did nothing. He fair caught a punt that had tons of room.

It's only one game,

but where they needed to get better was the running game, and it looks like they didn't do it. And garbage time, where the coaching staff FOOLISHLY wasted valuable time doesn't count. Your QB should not be the go to guy in the running game. 

If Daboll cannot get the RB's involved, then why is he an OC? And that includes Breida, where was he? A decent running game, or getting the RB's involved in the passing game can take a lot of pressure off your QB, receivers and O line.

That being said, Allen did not help himself out. A big difference between him and Mahomes is that Mahomes takes what the defense gives him. If he doesn't have to, he doesn't force it.  He's fine with positive yardage, and moving the chains. That's where Allen needs to get better. A few bad decisionss, and a few head scratching play calls, and a very winnable game became a stupid loss.

But like I said, it's only one game.

1 hour ago, Herodotus said:

I saw lots of catchable passes not hauled in.  Sanders had two very very catchable passes.  Allen did have a lot of off the mark passes, but its on the receivers too, and the line.  Oh god the line was hot fucking garbage all day.  The refs? Okay, they did throw some flags for PI I wouldn't have, but if the line doesn't kill three drives with stupid penalties the ref calls would have been irrelevant.  We beat ourselves today.

Definitely were some "hang onto that!" moments for me yelling at the TV but some of them were made difficult because of Allen's placement.  Allen was throwing off platform all game because the line was trash.  I'm not worried about the Bills.  @Dolphins, vs Washington, vs Texans are our next 3 games, we gotta win those 3 then we play Chiefs.  Maybe we surprise ourselves (i'm sure 99% of us when looking at the schedule have us losing to the Chiefs) and we still come out 4-1 out of our first 5.  But we gotta be 3-1 or I'm worried a bit about this team's chances at making a run at a superbowl

In the NFL it all comes down to your QB and ours was too busy reading the MVP articles and played like 2019 Josh Allen instead of 2020 no fans Josh Allen.   If that continues no they are not better and everything else really doesn't matter

• Like 1

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

Everyone needs to put the gun down its only the 1st game....if we see the exact same shit next week like this week than its time to START to worry

• Thanks 1