Sign in to follow this  
seandelevan

If The Bills Move…Are You Still a Fan?

If Bills Move…Are You Still a Fan?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. If the Bills move…doesn’t matter where…are you still going to root for the franchise?

• Hell Yeah
    • Fuck No

I do not have the strength to enter into this again.  I always felt the more we talk about it the closer it comes to reality.  I am ignoring the idea .... maybe it will just  go away.

Oh damit - my interest inthe Bills and the NFL will fade away if they move.

Buffalo just can have nice things without sticking the noses in it and messing it up.  With the budget short fall it can't be a good time to ask for money.

• Thanks 1

Next the reporters will be repeatedly asking the players, coaches and GM how the threat of the team moving affects there decisions about playing here inBuffalo, and negitive affect on team chemistry..... Which ultimately means I will turn the radio off...

11 minutes ago, Flan said:

Next the reporters will be repeatedly asking the players, coaches and GM how the threat of the team moving affects there decisions about playing here inBuffalo, and negitive affect on team chemistry..... Which ultimately means I will turn the radio off...

Yup. Huge distraction. For no reason. 

hOw dO u fEeL abOut tHe teAm leAviNg? 

Bills player: umm I’m just out here trying to get the W. Don’t care where we are. 

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

• Haha 1

I have no ties to the city other than being a fan of the Bills and going to some games, but no, I would not. Unless they moved to say Hartford or somewhere still in Northeast that's not in Canada, even then I wouldn't be a die hard like I am now 

I'll still be a fan if they move to Rochester.

Other than that, the time I spend watching football, reading football, etc. will be put toward more worthwhile endeavors. I put ALL my sports eggs into the Bills basket (I'm only a bandwagon Sabres fan if they make it to the playoffs). I can't imagine how much time I will reclaim.

• Thanks 2

That would be very difficult for me. The Bills have been part of my life for nearly 4 decades. It’s hard to imagine life without them.

• Thanks 1

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

I grew up on Abbott Road, about a mile from Rich Stadium. They are part of my childhood. But, I haven't lived in Buffalo in 25 years. I no longer have any ties to Buffalo, so I'm not sure how it would affect me. I lived in that house on Abbott Road from 1971 until I left in 1997. I've always followed the Bills, even when they sucked ass, don't know if them moving will stop me from following them. My moving didn't.

The Colts stopped being the Colts for me when they moved to Indianapolis.  Has never been the same.  The city is part of the team's identity.  Holds true more here than in most cases.

• Thanks 1

Who else am I going to root for? The Giants or Jets? No way... If I had to change teams I don't even know where to start.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

3 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Who else am I going to root for? The Giants or Jets? No way... If I had to change teams I don't even know where to start.

I'll more than likely become a neutral fan.  I don't need a favorite team in order to enjoy football.  :niterider:

• Like 1

This team has put me through enough pain and suffering for decades already. No.

The greedy owners can go F themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

You could follow HipKat's lead, but I doubt you would.  His team is the Fairbanks Fairies.  LOL

• Haha 1

With all the sjw bullshit, if the bills left, it would give me all the reason to never spend another second watching nfl football

• Thanks 1

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

No, if T$rry and K$m P$g$l$ moved the Bills from Buffalo, I would never watch another NFL game or buy NFL merchandise.  The entire league would be dead to me.  Also, considering that I have been a fan since 51-3, a fandom solidified and made unbreakable through the tears of Superbowl XXV and cemented by the greatest comeback in NFL history, this would be no easy thing.  This would be a personal affront to me because of the time, energy, and emotion I have invested in this team over the past 31 years.  Do you fucking know how hard it was to get a Bills starter jacket in south Kansas City before the advent of the internet? Do you know what the trips to the video store at the mall so I could get the Buffalo Bills yearbooks narrated by Harry Kalas, then Jeff Kaye, and then a couple others meant to a little kid/middle schooler? Do you know how much I shelled out for DirecTv in the 90s so I could watch an out of market team? Do you know, that in the late 90s, I got my first job in part so I could keep Sunday Ticket on in my house? Fuck, I have been representing the Bills through the joys of four straight AFC championships, four straight superbowl losses, each more painful than the last, the illegal forward pass in Nashville, seventeen years of drought where people seriously argued whether or not the Bills should go with Kelly Holcomb or JP Losman and later Thad Lewis, Jeff Tuel, or EJ Manuel.  Yes, we had these arguments. 

Do you know the great joy of KCPD showing up to my upstairs apartment in south Kansas City in regards to a noise complaint on New Years Eve 2017 because I was shouting and jumping up and down and shooting off leftover fireworks from Independence Day to celebrate that my fucking Bills were going to the playoffs for the first time in almost a generation.  Do you know the great joy it was to wear nothing but Bills gear every week throughout the playoffs last year including Chefs week? Do you know the joy of being ahead 9-0 only to watch it all come crashing down as the clock struck midnight?  Do you know the cost of getting your rec room painted Royal Blue and then getting the Standing Bison logo stenciled in and then painted in read and having the floor tile be red and blue? Do you know how much money I have sunk into making that basement rec room into a Bills theme mancave?

Fuck, if this team leaves Buffalo it leaves a gaping hole in my heart where 30+ years of memories were.  Yeah, if the Bills and the NFL screw the people of western NY, the entire NFL will be dead to me.