Sign in to follow this  
SabresFan220

POLL: Do You Trade Jack Eichel?

Buffalo Sabres v New York Islanders Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images

Should Ike Take a Hike?

There are a whole lot of Jack Eichel trade rumors and proposals out there, and there are arguments to be made for trading him or keeping him, and if you do trade him, how much is enough to get back and will you be able to get fair value with his ongoing neck (and some might add attitude) issues.

As usual, I’m not going to lay out any charts or stats or knowledge here. We all know Jack is good, and there are much smarter hockey people than me on this site. They say content is king, and if that’s true then community is queen. And the queen is the most powerful piece on the board. So, this is a chance for you — the community — to express your opinion by voting and commenting below. What do you think?

This is going to be a simple Yes or No choice — you either want to trade him or you don’t. We’ll assume for this poll that we would get a fair return, whatever that means to you, but we won’t get a windfall and we won’t get robbed. Bottom line: do you think Jack is part of the Sabres’ future or do you think it’s time for Ike to take a hike?

Thanks for voting! And feel free to expand on your answer down in the comments.

If you can’t see the poll because you’re reading this on a newsreader, please click through to the full website to vote in the poll.

View the full article

rangesig_zps4bf1ae5b.jpg

My Adopt A Sabre:Patrick Kaleta

My Adopt a Buffalo Bandit: John Tavares

Get Paid to watch commercials http://www.varolo.com/village/Tjm220

Keep him unless you get fair compensation. If I’m trading Eichel then I want an Eichel in return, or at least 2 players that are studs at their position, like a D and C that are difference makers. I would like to see what Granato can do with a healthy Eichel, and this years top pick in the draft.

• Like 1

You only trade after receiving fair value. Some of these out of town sports writers claim the Sabres are under extreme pressure to make a deal. Every NHL team is looking to steal another Sabre

Some of these GM say he would be the best center on their team yet they have a list of untouchable players on THEIR roster

And that is complete garbage. Pay or see ya

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with all three of you, fair compensation which means a starting player and a prospect and some draft picks. Buffalo is in a prime position to stack this draft. Especially if we do end up with two picks in the top 10

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

24 minutes ago, HipKat said:

I agree with all three of you, fair compensation which means a starting player and a prospect and some draft picks. Buffalo is in a prime position to stack this draft. Especially if we do end up with two picks in the top 10

I also worry about his coke habbit, and if he has kicked it.  How much does the rest of the league know too? I’m sure if I know we know he has a problem then so does the rest of the league.

huge missing info is what the exact nature of the injury is. its gotta be pretty troubling if they havent done anything about it yet because they are calling it a herniation which if its a standard herniation its a pretty well established procedure that they should have been able to make a decision on by now - but thats not assured. it might be at a difficult location (ie. entangled with nerves) or so big or weirdly shaped that makes surgery risky and tough to recover from, making it a complex and hazardous decision. if it goes wrong his hockey career could instantly be over

the other issue is that if jack is really a coke head then he has clarity of thought issues that remain even when youre "sober" at that moment (snow blindness). guys in that state tend to get paranoid and irrationally fixated and need to be clean for a while before their mind clears up. they turn literally crazy (i have some stories ...). he might be fixated on this artificial disk as if its guaranteed to get him back to normal when its actually a high risk/high reward procedure for a pro athlete. and he might be irrational when it comes to the team doctors advice. the fact that these artificial disks have been out for decades and no pro hockey player has ever got one tells you something

theres no nhl-ready guys in this draft so this is a bad time for the sabres even if they got some sucker to give them a top four plus. other interested teams must have got the medical reports so they know its a risk, but hes an excellent player and somebodys going to be willing to roll the dice since nhl draft picks have the highest bust potential in major sports

need more info. but jack appears to want out so i dont see the sabres having much choice anyway

One set of rules for all in The Beloved Community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

Does anyone think the Sabres will be good this year, making the playoffs? Yeah, neither does Jack. He wants to win now before his time has run out.

the injury is a whole other sitchee-ashun.

4 minutes ago, jc856 said:

Does anyone think the Sabres will be good this year, making the playoffs? Yeah, neither does Jack. He wants to win now before his time has run out.

the injury is a whole other sitchee-ashun.

I don’t see why not. Half the league can make the playoffs 

8 minutes ago, Angry Byrds said:

I don’t see why not. Half the league can make the playoffs 

You do know I’m talking about the Buffalo Sabres, right?

I don't know how true it is, but Eichel for Hischier has been discussed in Devil-land.

Me personally, I have no interest in giving up Hischier plus the 4th overall and other assets for a troubled, non-motived Eichel, but the Devils are in the market to make a blockbuster move and none of this would surprise me.

44 minutes ago, jc856 said:

You do know I’m talking about the Buffalo Sabres, right?

We haven’t always sucked lol

• Thanks 1

Eichel is as good as gone.

I see no way he is on the Sabres next year unless his physical scares teams away, which doesn't seem to be happening.

I was in denial about losing Eichel until this Spring but at this point I see him as good as gone.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, George said:

You only trade after receiving fair value. Some of these out of town sports writers claim the Sabres are under extreme pressure to make a deal. Every NHL team is looking to steal another Sabre

Some of these GM say he would be the best center on their team yet they have a list of untouchable players on THEIR roster

And that is complete garbage. Pay or see ya

The trade deals on the internet are such a joke.

He's a star when healthy and premier prospects will have to come to the Sabres if they want to get the deal done. We aren't looking for Tage Thompson prospects here.

If teams don't want to give up their top prospects they obviously don't want Jack.

57 minutes ago, Angry Byrds said:

We haven’t always sucked lol

Nope. I guess my perspective was formed because it was only 5 years from the time they came into the league to them reaching the Stanley Cup.

fast forward another 45 years, and one more trip. Meh….but yeah, they have had some good fun exciting years👍

then, Pegs bought them, and despite the hype, not much in the win columns….