21 hours ago, rcas0308 said:

Deep teams win championships. Come playoff time who gives a fuck who the starting 11 is if you are playing a practice squad player at OT or can't get pressure with your front 4. 

We are starting to look like Alabama of the NFL and I love it. 

So which position did we get better?

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

On 5/2/2021 at 9:57 AM, Angry Byrds said:

Wow, this is not going to age well. If Epenessa steps up this year, and one of these new D-lineman step up. Also if Star comes back, and unleashes Oliver, this thread will be in your face all season. 

How so? Those are all players currently on the team.

Were not talking about them. We’re talking about our draft picks.

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

How so? Those are all players currently on the team.

Were not talking about them. We’re talking about our draft picks.

You asked if we are better now than last year. Star didn’t play which may help Oliver, Epenesa may take the next step. We have better depth at D line and LB. So yes better than last year lol. 

Actually I don’t see anywhere that you’re talking about just our draft picks. Your opening post is barely a post at all

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Angry Byrds said:

You asked if we are better now than last year. Star didn’t play which may help Oliver, Epenesa may take the next step. We have better depth at D line and LB. So yes better than last year lol. 

Actually I don’t see anywhere that you’re talking about just our draft picks. Your opening post is barely a post at all

I guess I should have spelled it out. I thought people would understand that I was talking about our draft picks. 

5 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

You believe that our new O-linemen will start? Or even play?

Beane seemed to indicate that our new DE will be a long term project with less immediate upside.

I do not think all draft picks need to start in order to make the team better. Depth improves O and D lines.

I don’t buy your take that nobody in this draft will help the team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, travolta said:

I don’t buy your take that nobody in this draft will help the team. 

I never said that.

On 5/1/2021 at 8:21 PM, LiterateStylish said:

tsia

That depends, how good did you think the Bill's would be at this time last year?

Let's wait and see

8 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

So which position did we get better?

Guard for one. Ford, Lamp and Feliciano we didn't have at the same time last year let alone the playoffs. Running game will be a lot better.

Also, We don't have to move Ford out to tackle now if we have injury due to the new depth we added. The offensive line should be a pretty stable group this year. 

15 minutes ago, rcas0308 said:

Guard for one. Ford, Lamp and Feliciano we didn't have at the same time last year let alone the playoffs. Running game will be a lot better.

Also, We don't have to move Ford out to tackle now if we have injury due to the new depth we added. The offensive line should be a pretty stable group this year. 

I wonder if KC is shaking in their boots that we now have a better backup guard.

10 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

I wonder if KC is shaking in their boots that we now have a better backup guard.

KC got gifted an all pro LT by the stupid ass Ravens. They still need a right tackle but is that the move you wanted? I don't know what else you think we could have done with the state of the cap and having to sign our own and Allen's contract coming up. We need depth at those keys positions or we are done come playoff time with 1 injury! Guard was a revolving door last year you know that. That was the biggest reason we had no running game. 

As far as our defense goes...Our front 4 we can rush 4 fresh/decent pass rushers at the same time. Not just two old guys from the edge. You don't think that opens us up scheme wise? Possibly have an extra defender in coverage? If you didn't see that as our Achilles heel last year, you arent as football savvy as you think you are. Beane clearly has a plan and that starts with a QB and win at the line of scrimmage. We can have bums everywhere else and still control games with that.

One injury with that short sighted take of yours and our season goes up in smoke. So...Who cares who we start games with at the beginning of the season. It's about who is standing strongest at the end. 

On 5/4/2021 at 9:07 AM, rcas0308 said:

KC got gifted an all pro LT by the stupid ass Ravens. They still need a right tackle but is that the move you wanted? I don't know what else you think we could have done with the state of the cap and having to sign our own and Allen's contract coming up. We need depth at those keys positions or we are done come playoff time with 1 injury! Guard was a revolving door last year you know that. That was the biggest reason we had no running game. 

As far as our defense goes...Our front 4 we can rush 4 fresh/decent pass rushers at the same time. Not just two old guys from the edge. You don't think that opens us up scheme wise? Possibly have an extra defender in coverage? If you didn't see that as our Achilles heel last year, you arent as football savvy as you think you are. Beane clearly has a plan and that starts with a QB and win at the line of scrimmage. We can have bums everywhere else and still control games with that.

One injury with that short sighted take of yours and our season goes up in smoke. So...Who cares who we start games with at the beginning of the season. It's about who is standing strongest at the end. 

The Cap doesnt seem to bother KC.

They have an all-star roster and gave Mahomes half a BILLION dollars and they still seem fine with getting studs.

I credit "Androk" with thisinteresting take

"The Bills top 3 picks in 1990 were James Williams, Carwell Gardner, and Glenn Parker. The only other noteworthy name I see is Mike Lodish in the 10th round. Williams had 5 starts, Parker had 3.
Free agency wasn't really a thing yet, but James Lofton and Kenneth Davis joined the team the year prior, in 1989.
Did the Bills make their first SB in 1990 because of those draft picks? Or did they make it because they already had a team that they put together in the years leading up, and everything finally clicked?"

Just a thought.  Had we not resigned someof our key players, then we might have been more focused on immediate impact players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

The Cap doesnt seem to bother KC.

They have an all-star roster and gave Mahomes half a BILLION dollars and they still seem fine with getting studs.

Sure you can always push money down the road and jeopardize your future. If you look at where the Bills are cap heavy it's Dline and Oline. Guess what happens when our new found depth develops? Pufff cap space bitches!🙌

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Flan said:

I credit "Androk" with thisinteresting take

"The Bills top 3 picks in 1990 were James Williams, Carwell Gardner, and Glenn Parker. The only other noteworthy name I see is Mike Lodish in the 10th round. Williams had 5 starts, Parker had 3.
Free agency wasn't really a thing yet, but James Lofton and Kenneth Davis joined the team the year prior, in 1989.
Did the Bills make their first SB in 1990 because of those draft picks? Or did they make it because they already had a team that they put together in the years leading up, and everything finally clicked?"

Just a thought.  Had we not resigned someof our key players, then we might have been more focused on immediate impact players.

Marv Levy once said that the best rookies are last year's.

He didn't ask much of rookies coming in but once they got a year under their belts they were generally ready for the NFL.

One other note - We benefitted from consistency last year, same staff and players from 2019 to 2020.  I think that helped a lot.  We didn't have a lot of opt-outs, and new people to learnthe schemes.  With only virtual OTAs and limited Training Camps, other teams with significant changes, started the season with more obsitcles to overcome.

This year we won't have as big of an advantage at the start of the off-season OTA's and Training camps.

On 5/2/2021 at 1:04 AM, LiterateStylish said:

I would argue we are equal. Didn’t get better and don’t get worse. Stayed the same.

I would say we are better at DE with our 1st and 2nd round picks

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Angry Byrds said:

I would say we are better at DE with our 1st and 2nd round picks

Agreed.

And also it's not always about adding players, it's about having the guys you have play better...especially when it matters.  Solving Steve Spagnolo's defense could literally be enough to make push to the Super Bowl.  People talk about us not pressuring Mahomes but when I watched both Chiefs games, I saw a veteran DC giving our QB fits.  

4 hours ago, Buffalo13 said:

Agreed.

And also it's not always about adding players, it's about having the guys you have play better...especially when it matters.  Solving Steve Spagnolo's defense could literally be enough to make push to the Super Bowl.  People talk about us not pressuring Mahomes but when I watched both Chiefs games, I saw a veteran DC giving our QB fits.  

I think last year most defenses gave our offensive line fits. That is the number one spot that I'm focusing on, looking for improvement because I am sick of not being able to run the ball consistently and I am sick of seeing our quarterback being pressured as often as he is

• Thanks 2

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

On 5/1/2021 at 7:08 PM, seandelevan said:

In my opinion we were/are one piece away. I advocated trading our first for a proven talent. Fuck, even for someone on the defense if it meant a championship. No rookie, where we were picking...with maybe the exceptions of Najee Harris or ETN...was going to be that missing piece. 

KC got better. Beefed up their only real weakness...oline. 

If I was a KC fan..and if I saw the bills add another weapon, or a proven DE...I would be sweating bullets. But as of now I’d be looking past Buffalo. Why? Cuz I know my team beat their asses twice and they didn’t do shit to improve. 

Well we can focus on that next year.

• Thanks 1

I think they should be better. It would have been nice to get a good TE and better D up the middle. Ertz should be coming in any day. Hopefully better play by their RBs too.

We are better at DT and DE.  I think we improve there.  I am worried about the oline, but just haven't seen enough.  

On 5/1/2021 at 6:44 PM, LiterateStylish said:

What positions did we get better?

Backup QB and defensive line.

• Thanks 1

On 5/1/2021 at 9:44 PM, LiterateStylish said:

What positions did we get better?

Judging by the first two preseason games…  DE

• Like 1

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill