Long term? Yes. This year? Maybe not. The phase I heard a lot this weekend was, “a talented prospect, will need to develop” meaning not a lot of help this year. I liked Basham more then I liked Rousseau. Both players will fit in the rotation. I don’t expect either to be the next Javon Kearse, but, should be an upgrade from what they got out of Murphy last year. I loved the Spencer Brown pick. He has the skill set to be a monster at RT. Unless someone gets hurt, neither OT will see the field this year. Stevenson might be good, he won’t be Andre Roberts. The others will be fighting for back up spots. 

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

8 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

So you can’t list a single position that we are better in?

Dude, he's lucky if he can remember his own name. There's a reason why he almost never posts on the Sports side of this site

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

7 hours ago, Buffalochief2 said:

What team behind us are you now scared of? 

Miami and New England. I don't care about other teams until December

5 hours ago, Herodotus said:

Plus, when we have to cut people to pay for Josh Allen's pay day we are going to have guys on rookie contracts who we can afford and who will make solid contributions. 

This actually makes a lot of sense.

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Are we better on May 1st, 2021, than we were on May 1st, 2020?

Let's answer that:

Did we improve our running game?  (i.e. our interior offense line)    No.  Stayed the same.

Did we improve our passing game since May 1st, 2020?    No (we substracted John Brown, added E Saunders).

Did we improve our linebacker corp?   No, same.

Did we improve our pass rush?  TBD

Did we improve our interior defensive line?   Maybe a little.   Star will back, and others  left like Quinton Jefferson.

We are the same is my answer.    It would be a fantasy to think Rousseau and Boogie are going to come in and tear it up in September.   They will come along slowly.

• Like 1

Build the OLine...

13 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

tsia

12 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

What positions did we get better?

Wow, this is not going to age well. If Epenessa steps up this year, and one of these new D-lineman step up. Also if Star comes back, and unleashes Oliver, this thread will be in your face all season. 

34 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

Are we better on May 1st, 2021, than we were on May 1st, 2020?

Let's answer that:

Did we improve our running game?  (i.e. our interior offense line)    No.  Stayed the same.

Did we improve our passing game since May 1st, 2020?    No (we substracted John Brown, added E Saunders).

Did we improve our linebacker corp?   No, same.

Did we improve our pass rush?  TBD

Did we improve our interior defensive line?   Maybe a little.   Star will back, and others  left like Quinton Jefferson.

We are the same is my answer.    It would be a fantasy to think Rousseau and Boogie are going to come in and tear it up in September.   They will come along slowly.

I disagree, I think the added depth at LB and DE will improve our team. If Obada can come in and do what he did last year only playing 30% of the defensive snaps last year plus our draft picks there is no way our D-line won’t be better, plus our D was better against the run with Star in the lineup. Don’t love Star, but Edmunds and Oliver clearly played better when he was in the lineup. Am I wrong? I think Tyrell Adams and Lee will add some depth to LBs. rested players makes better players.

Yes, the only pressing needs on offense were more linemen and a game breaking RB. The best RBs were gone but we did address the line in the 3rd with a guy who looks quality. On defense we needed a CB, maybe an LB, and more help on the line. We got help on the line but missed out on a top CB. We can address the rest of the positions in FA and we've kept all of the important Free Agents.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

1 hour ago, Angry Byrds said:

Wow, this is not going to age well. If Epenessa steps up this year, and one of these new D-lineman step up. Also if Star comes back, and unleashes Oliver, this thread will be in your face all season. 

If I was Lit and that all happened, I'm sure I'd be OK with it

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Offense - stayed the same. Hard to get better but I would have liked to see an effort to improve at TE.

Defense - Yes. Star will be back which will help with the run game and help Edmounds stay clean. Pass rush will be better. Operation seek and destroy Patrick Mahomes has been activated. 

It is the way.

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2021 #Bowl or Bust 2020

In terms of building a team that can compete well long-term, yes we did improve. Adding foundation to an already very good team as is can compete for a championship.

Given the weak draft class and the fact we're picking #30, I didn't have high expectations that there would be a position that would have a day one starter that was an upgrade.

"You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."

~ Frank Zappa

Lit, - do you want to consider only the draft or all offseason?

Not considering cap position or long term position, which Beane has said he is building for the long term and sustained success.

Position analysis

Better / same / worse

C -  slighly worse No change in roster - Same to maybe slighly worse as Morse is a year older

CB - Better (- Norman, No major additions) slightly better as young CBs continue tio develop

QB - Better (-Barkley, + Tribusky, Fromm another year in system) better

RB - Same (- T.J. Yeldon, + Matt Breda) Moss another year in system - Same

DE - Better - Additionof 2 draft Picks - Losses Trent Murphy who didn't play

DL - Better + Star 

Safety - Same

WR - Same

TE - Same

Punter - No idea

Kicker - Same

We did a great job at resigning our key free agents....upgrade @ backup QB...possible upgrade @ TE with Hollister...What are we losing @ defence? Sanders replacing Smoke...could go either way but likely another positive as Sanders is a very good vet @ WR.....So we are worse cause of a weak draft and @ picking at # 30...Did you want our 1st round pick back...you know the one we gave away for Diggs?   Again another hyperbole making it look like its all over because Beane didnt pick the guys OP wanted...LOL....

3 hours ago, HipKat said:

If I was Lit and that all happened, I'm sure I'd be OK with it

Yeah, but most likely our defense will be better than last year. Even if it’s a combination of added depth from Obada, the draft on D-line, Star coming back, added depth at LB.

19 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Deep teams win championships. Come playoff time who gives a fuck who the starting 11 is if you are playing a practice squad player at OT or can't get pressure with your front 4. 

We are starting to look like Alabama of the NFL and I love it. 

5 hours ago, daryls61 said:

Offense - stayed the same. Hard to get better but I would have liked to see an effort to improve at TE.

Defense - Yes. Star will be back which will help with the run game and help Edmounds stay clean. Pass rush will be better. Operation seek and destroy Patrick Mahomes has been activated. 

I think the running game will be much better. We have Ford and Feliciano starting at the same time and Lamp to back them up. We can put the rookie, Brown, as an extra tackle on goal line too. From all indications he as atleast a mauler at this part of his development. Continuity is also a forgotten element. We kept the same guys. 

If they ever wise up and start bates at center we would be much better there. 

Agree, I believe their plan to improve the running game is to improve the OL. 

It is the way.

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2021 #Bowl or Bust 2020

After witnessing 25 years of non playoff winning football many here act like we deserve to be put in the NE Patriot, PBurg Steeler category. Kudos to Beane & McDermott for having the foresight of building a perennial SB contender in which we can compete for the SB every year. The speculation of are we better than last year. WTF cares knowing we have a legit shot at winning the Lombardy next year and years to come. With aging personnel & possible injuries factoring in, I'd say there are 3 teams at best that have such a bright outlook. Personally I'd rather be in contention every year for the next 25 years than be a one shot wonder winning the SB this year and then being a mediocre team ranging from 7/10 to 10/7 yearly. 

Is Allen continuing to put in the effort to improve in the offseason? If so then yes we are.

23 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

What position are we better in?

DL and OL. More specifically DE and tackle. 

I think our O Line is better due to continuity. That is big. Morse injury history scares me but overall I think the line will be better this year. D Line is also better (Star plus Rookies) and I also think the young corners will improve with 1 more year experience. And I still think Allen has not reached his ceiling. I think he will be at least more consistent.

So yes, I think we are a better team than last year. But of course the problem is that next to all teams became better solely by adding a first round pick. And others might have improved more. But I am pretty happy with resigning many of our guys that I did not expect and the continuity will pay dividends in my opinion in many instances like e.g. O Line.

Proud adopter of #54 AJ Klein and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Ninety-five Percents

On 5/1/2021 at 10:08 PM, seandelevan said:

In my opinion we were/are one piece away. I advocated trading our first for a proven talent. Fuck, even for someone on the defense if it meant a championship. No rookie, where we were picking...with maybe the exceptions of Najee Harris or ETN...was going to be that missing piece. 

KC got better. Beefed up their only real weakness...oline. 

If I was a KC fan..and if I saw the bills add another weapon, or a proven DE...I would be sweating bullets. But as of now I’d be looking past Buffalo. Why? Cuz I know my team beat their asses twice and they didn’t do shit to improve. 

After watching those games last year, i don't know if we were one player away from beating KC.  I think they need a better plan and Allen needs to play better.  

I also don't know who we could have traded the 30th pick for that would have put us over the top.  Our offense was one of the highest scoring in the league but Daboll couldn't figure out Steve Spagnolo.  They added two pass rushers with affecting Mahomes in mind...if they are both good, it could really help.

• Thanks 1

On 5/1/2021 at 9:44 PM, LiterateStylish said:

What, in your opinion, was our biggest miss?  Do you have a free agent or draft pick in mind that they should have made?  Someone who would have you sitting here today saying, "we took a step forward with this guy"?

16 hours ago, travolta said:

DL and OL. More specifically DE and tackle. 

You believe that our new O-linemen will start? Or even play?

Beane seemed to indicate that our new DE will be a long term project with less immediate upside.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg