Championship!  :niterider:

Not a whole lot of sure things available picking 30th.  That said, the team made the best of the situation.  Certain things didn't fall their way.  It's bullshit to poo poo this draft the minute it's over.  Grow up.  Don't be a fan boy.  Time will tell.  It's always that way.  We have an excellent front office and scouting department.  Fans ragging on professionals is pretty silly actually.  

In my opinion we were/are one piece away. I advocated trading our first for a proven talent. Fuck, even for someone on the defense if it meant a championship. No rookie, where we were picking...with maybe the exceptions of Najee Harris or ETN...was going to be that missing piece. 

KC got better. Beefed up their only real weakness...oline. 

If I was a KC fan..and if I saw the bills add another weapon, or a proven DE...I would be sweating bullets. But as of now I’d be looking past Buffalo. Why? Cuz I know my team beat their asses twice and they didn’t do shit to improve. 

• Like 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Not a whole lot of sure things available picking 30th.  That said, the team made the best of the situation.  Certain things didn't fall their way.  It's bullshit to poo poo this draft the minute it's over.  Grow up.  Don't be a fan boy.  Time will tell.  It's always that way.  We have an excellent front office and scouting department.  Fans ragging on professionals is pretty silly actually.  

What position are we better in?

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

5 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Can't you read?  Is this just going to be ANOTHER of your negative/complaining extravaganzas?  If you're so much better, go get yourself a GM job, guy.  So childish. 

Just filled depth positions, no projected starters this year 

Too bad a Gronk or Kelce only come along once in a blue moon. Would love to see a great tight end teamed with Josh.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, seandelevan said:

In my opinion we were/are one piece away. I advocated trading our first for a proven talent. Fuck, even for someone on the defense if it meant a championship. No rookie, where we were picking...with maybe the exceptions of Najee Harris or ETN...was going to be that missing piece. 

KC got better. Beefed up their only real weakness...oline. 

If I was a KC fan..and if I saw the bills add another weapon, or a proven DE...I would be sweating bullets. But as of now I’d be looking past Buffalo. Why? Cuz I know my team beat their asses twice and they didn’t do shit to improve. 

I said this earlier, then I hear people saying KC just cut two T's, oh boo who, I knew they were gonna upgrade the line and they did. I'm with you, I believe for the 30th pick they could've landed Mack and re-did his deal, heck they were seemingly willing to give Watt $12 mil, they could've worked it out...or Hunter from Minny...instead they take two guys in the first two rounds that lack are essentialy the same type of player...follow that up by taking a guy that's gonna likely be the 4th T and not see many snaps at all, just taking a roster spot, then follow that up with a guy that's likely the 5th T and same thing, just a roster spot....didn't address the secondary till the 6th....I don't see this draft coming from a team that wants to win now, seems like moved from a team that thinks they're 2-3 years away

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's gonna be hard for Diggs, Beasley and Davis to match there production from last year...Sanders should be able to make some of that up as Brown didn't contribute much playing hurt...they didn"t do much at all at TE, so I expect similar production there, so I think the offense takes a step back.

Defense is bringing Star back and added depth to LBer and the Line, I expect Epenesa to eclipse his and Murphys production from last year, though that shouldn't be hard to do....the secondary hasn't improved, so unless they plan to sign or trade for a vet, I don't see the secondary scaring anyone....

They won't have a better record, with the extra game I can see 12-5, still winning the division, but the Chargers should be much better, Indy is a sleeper team depending on Wentz and Cleveland was already good last year and got better. KC is still the best, I'd still give the Bills an edge over the other teams, but slightly, still not good enough to beat KC and the other teams closed the gap....I'm not worried about NE, Bal or Miami though

• Thanks 1

This was definitely a draft to potentially solve problems for 2022 and 2023 with our DL and our RT.  Ideally each draft/offseason you want to get better right away AND set yourselves up positively for the future in such a turnover heavy sport.  This draft accomplished only 1 of those IMO, but we'll see what impact our top 3 have this season.  OL depth is huge, DL rotations is literally what gets McDermott's blood pumping lol.

I would say yes because the DL rotation is a little better. I wish we drafted a true NT/1T as well.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

1 hour ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Can't you read?  Is this just going to be ANOTHER of your negative/complaining extravaganzas?  If you're so much better, go get yourself a GM job, guy.  So childish. 

So you can’t list a single position that we are better in?

2 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Wide receiver.  All that has to happen is ES say healthier than alway broke Smoke. 

• Like 1

Just now, Buffalochief2 said:

Wide receiver.  All that has to happen is ES say healthier than alway broke Smoke. 

I would argue we are equal. Didn’t get better and don’t get worse. Stayed the same.

46 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

So you can’t list a single position that we are better in?

JA has improved every year in the league, why would we think he wouldn’t improve again?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Baldat28 said:

I said this earlier, then I hear people saying KC just cut two T's, oh boo who, I knew they were gonna upgrade the line and they did. I'm with you, I believe for the 30th pick they could've landed Mack and re-did his deal, heck they were seemingly willing to give Watt $12 mil, they could've worked it out...or Hunter from Minny...instead they take two guys in the first two rounds that lack are essentialy the same type of player...follow that up by taking a guy that's gonna likely be the 4th T and not see many snaps at all, just taking a roster spot, then follow that up with a guy that's likely the 5th T and same thing, just a roster spot....didn't address the secondary till the 6th....I don't see this draft coming from a team that wants to win now, seems like moved from a team that thinks they're 2-3 years away

Was Mack or Hunter available?  I mean I heard Wilson wanted out of Seattle and Watson out of Houston but nothing from those two.  You know why these draft picks will have a hard time playing? Because we are already a good team with good players those other teams sucked last year that’s why they drafted ahead of us.  What team behind us are you now scared of?  Besides KC the only team I worry about is Tennessee and not because of this draft.  

• Thanks 1

We really won’t know how we drafted until we see these rookies play a season or three. 

28 minutes ago, Buffalochief2 said:

JA has improved every year in the league, why would we think he wouldn’t improve again?

If he improves, he’ll be the best QB in the NFL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On the field? Too early to tell
On paper? In the receiving corps as much as I loved Smoke I think Sanders is better.  At backup QB, I am far more confident with Trubisky coming in if need be than I was with Barkley.  I think we got a bit more completed in the running back committee, we also got better all along the DL, we now have pass rushers and so we have sustainability.  All told, I think we took a team that was solid already and beefed it up.  Plus, when we have to cut people to pay for Josh Allen's pay day we are going to have guys on rookie contracts who we can afford and who will make solid contributions.