Sign in to follow this  
seandelevan

1975 Football is Back With A Vengeance

With that being said...my ACC super fan friends have all told me that our second rounder is WAAAAAAY better than the first rounder. Again these guys are UVA and VA Tech Fans. They’ve seen both guys MANY times and they all have said the dude from Wake is a much more superior defensive end. I have a feeling we will be hearing and seeing his name on the field much more than our first rounder. 

• Thanks 2

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Just because they had trouble pressuring Mahomes doesnt mean they should stop trying.

In 65 drop backs against the Bills they sacked him one time. They couldn't ignore the pass rush.

The AFC is loaded with young qb's. Hopefully the new DE's will be able to impact their games.

It worked on Tom Brady when the Giants beat them in the Super Bowl twice. NASCAR package up!

• Like 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

1 minute ago, SackMan518 said:

It worked on Tom Brady when the Giants beat them in the Super Bowl twice. NASCAR package up!

Worked against Jim Kelly in you name the SB.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, bcw said:

Just because they had trouble pressuring Mahomes doesnt mean they should stop trying.

In 65 drop backs against the Bills they sacked him one time. They couldn't ignore the pass rush.

The AFC is loaded with young qb's. Hopefully the new DE's will be able to impact their games.

Hardly anyone has pressured Mahomes. He’s only been beaten....what? 3..4 times ever? And the only time he was pressured significantly was when he was a gimp behind backups.  

5 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Pretty obvious that McDermott has his fingerprints all over this draft. Definitely his mindset of: 

how do I beat the chiefs? Outscore them? Nope. Fuck that. Throw the house at Mahomes! 

Cool. Hope it works. Too bad I see two things happening:

1) the Chiefs new and improved line gives him all day. Remember Brady? Remember when we had Dareus, Meatball, Hughes and Mario? And that motherfucker still had ALLLLLLL day back there. Or

2) pressure gets there and the dude simply avoids it and hits Hill for massive plays. 

If McDermott watched that Super Bowl and came away with what he thought was the blueprint to beating the chiefs then he’s a bigger moron than I thought.

TB beat KC by literally beating the fuck out of their OL and Mahomes.

Our offense is good enough to beat them as is.  The defense is not.  They got punished both games in completely different manners.  90% of it had to do with the front 7 not being able to win for shit.

I'm not ecstatic we've spent 2 firsts and 2 seconds on the DL in 3 years, but based on what we have, old DE's and a lack of difference makers I understand it.

As well Hughes and Addison are likely gone after this year (one of them might be gone this year).

Epenesa, Rousseau and Basham are going to see major snap counts in 2022.  They're going to get plenty of run in the DL rotation as well this year.  Cheap DL talent will be a boon if these guys produce because Josh is about to get paid and I'd expect a Diggs extension to mirror Josh's in terms of length.

• Thanks 1

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

6 hours ago, seandelevan said:

With that being said...my ACC super fan friends have all told me that our second rounder is WAAAAAAY better than the first rounder. Again these guys are UVA and VA Tech Fans. They’ve seen both guys MANY times and they all have said the dude from Wake is a much more superior defensive end. I have a feeling we will be hearing and seeing his name on the field much more than our first rounder. 

4 hours ago, travolta said:

Dude?

I don’t know about you, but I got a lot sick of giving up 21 point leads due to a weak D. Granted, a lot of that was coaching. However, what if the coaches were willing to pin back and blitz now that they have the personnel? 

D line is hugely important and knocking around any opposing QB is hugely important. It was important in 1975 and it is important now.

I don’t know if Rousseau will pan out, but he is a fucking giant. I am intrigued and I can totally see why they went for it. 

Enjoy the ride.

Rousseau will be a monster. Bruce Smith and Calasis Campbell approve this message 

6 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Pretty obvious that McDermott has his fingerprints all over this draft. Definitely his mindset of: 

how do I beat the chiefs? Outscore them? Nope. Fuck that. Throw the house at Mahomes! 

1) the Chiefs new and improved line gives him all day. Remember Brady? Remember when we had Dareus, Meatball, Hughes and Mario? And that motherfucker still had ALLLLLLL day back there. Or

2) pressure gets there and the dude simply avoids it and hits Hill for massive plays. 

If McDermott watched that Super Bowl and came away with what he thought was the blueprint to beating the chiefs then he’s a bigger moron than I thought.

It's modern football. How are you going to pass or stop the pass without the uglies upfront that  every Lombardi winner has?

Keep in mind Allen's contract will kick in and we need cheap labor at key positions to be perennial contenders. These positions are generally the most expensive to fill outside of QB. 

27 minutes ago, The Beef said:

TB beat KC by literally beating the fuck out of their OL and Mahomes.

Yeah...when Mahomes was a gimp and two starters on their line out. 

9 hours ago, seandelevan said:

I talked to the Mc Beane and they thought what would drive seandelevan crazy when they were picking!

• Haha 2

Did we get anyone that can stop a TE from catching 8-10 rec’s on us every game? Edmunds and klein sure as hell can’t 

3 hours ago, loco71 said:

Did we get anyone that can stop a TE from catching 8-10 rec’s on us every game? Edmunds and klein sure as hell can’t 

Not sure if that player exists. 

The way you beat KC is to keep scoring with them. Nobody can stop them defensively. If Mahomes was healthy behind his normal line they would have went score for score with the Bucs. Besides that, who else has thoroughly stopped them? Is McDermott planning on waiting for these rooks to develop first? So 2023? 2024? Cool shit.

4 hours ago, loco71 said:

That'd be a big no!

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............

16 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Why do I have the feeling that you’ll be screenshotting this post in 9 months?

• Haha 1

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

12 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Hardly anyone has pressured Mahomes. He’s only been beaten....what? 3..4 times ever? And the only time he was pressured significantly was when he was a gimp behind backups.  

He is 44 and 9 as a starter.  He has been sacked 67 times.  What do you already have MJ syndrome with PM, you know were MJ never missed a game winning shot.  

18 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Didn't we sign some guy named Sanders? Aren't we pretty much set at WR? Did we not draft two OL and a WR? Did we not bring in more people?  What the flying fuck are you talking about?

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

Why do I have the feeling that you’ll be screenshotting this post in 9 months?

Nah, I will be doing that and we will all be laughing.

4 hours ago, Herodotus said:

Didn't we sign some guy named Sanders? Aren't we pretty much set at WR? Did we not draft two OL and a WR? Did we not bring in more people?  What the flying fuck are you talking about?

The 35 year old Sanders. Yeah if this was 2011 then fuck yeah. But I doubt this dude will make it a full season. Look at the AFCCG. Beasley, Brown, and Davis were all hurt and gimping around out there. KC shut down Diggs(illegally) and then we were forced to watch Knox and Motor dropping shit. Not sure some 6th rounder will be the answer there. I’m cool with the oline we drafted. I was/am all for protecting the franchise qb. But in my opinion we only have one real playmaker. You shut him down or he gets hurt...we are sooooooo fucked.

On 5/1/2021 at 8:04 AM, seandelevan said:

Sean, we scored 30 points per game.  Third in the NFL.  I get the idea of out scoring them and I agree.  But I also think we are fully capable of doing that right now.  These guys are human and there is something to be said for the moment being too big.  Spagnolo is a really good DC and has come up with awesome plans especially in the playoffs throughout his career.  

It's not always about adding a player...sometimes it's about just being better in the moment.