Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Legs

Which Draft Pick by Beane / McDermott would surprise you the most?

Recommended Posts

In the 2018 draft we all knew we were going to move up to get a QB. Hello Josh Allen!

But, who knew we would move up again to draft a 19 year old Linebacker? Not me.

Did you really think we would draft another 3rd round RB (Zack Moss) after drafting Devin Singletary the year before?
(Actually it was telegraphed because Zack Moss was a Pre-Draft Visitor)

Or how about drafting Jake Fromm?

  • I would be totally shocked if we draft Najee Harris at pick 30.
    I would be like, wow, if we draft DB Jevon Holland, Oregon.
  • (the Bills did Zoom with him...so they have some interest...but he would have to fall into the 2nd round)
    Lastly, I would be surprised, and happy, if we draft OL Quinn "the Gut" Meinerz in the 2nd round.


    Who is your surprise pick?

Build the OLine...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You beat me to it Topas...

I'm speaking to the entire draft class here...  I would be the most surprised if they take a QB/ WR/ K/ P - every other position on the team is in play.  I'm thinking that the pick @30 is going to bore me to no end, but will be an Epenesa type roll player, and I'm good with whoever they pick.  Offense/ Defense - I don't care...

If they trade down from 30 - I'm going to be pissed.

In the last two drafts the draft gurus pretty much (with a Sharpie, not a pencil) had Oliver and Epenesa (2nd Round) as the first picks for the Bills.  I hate that this team is that predictable on Draft Day.  So much for the BPA lip service...

Change it up this year, and screw with the GMs at the top of the 2nd round.  More than anything - DO NOT trade down...

ALSO - Trey Adams???  Really???  WTF???

Tang T.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously the position we need the least is QB.  I also don’t see us drafting Kicker or Punter.  All other positions are fair game but to me the biggest needs in order are: guys that can get us sacks (I don’t care if they are DE, DT, or LB), we also need someone who can cover a tight end (once again I don’t care if they are a CB, S, or LB),  more overall speed on defense (I don’t want Tyreek Hill to make our D look like they are wearing ice skates again), a run blocking o-linemen,  a return specialist (we have interviewed a lot of these guys). Overall most important thing is to draft best player, if a few players are close then needs mentioned above trump close.  I would also prefer proven talent over a rookie so if a vet at any position will make this team better we should at least explore the option.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Buffalochief2 said:

Obviously the position we need the least is QB.  I also don’t see us drafting Kicker or Punter.  All other positions are fair game but to me the biggest needs in order are: guys that can get us sacks (I don’t care if they are DE, DT, or LB), we also need someone who can cover a tight end (once again I don’t care if they are a CB, S, or LB),  more overall speed on defense (I don’t want Tyreek Hill to make our D look like they are wearing ice skates again), a run blocking o-linemen,  a return specialist (we have interviewed a lot of these guys). Overall most important thing is to draft best player, if a few players are close then needs mentioned above trump close.  I would also prefer proven talent over a rookie so if a vet at any position will make this team better we should at least explore the option.  

Proven talent over a rookie is definitely preferred, but we have to have as many players on cheap rookie deals as possible, we will have to start paying Josh Allen the big bucks starting next year. 

I still think Najee Harris or ETN in the first would be a shock.  


Build the OLine...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

any rb in the first round

theres no way in hell beanie makes that colossal of a blunder


One set of rules for all in The Beloved Community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drafting anybody to bolster the offense in the 1st round would surprise  me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously CB and DE are the favorites.

RB could take the offense to another level.

I'd be surprised by any other position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know some people wouldn’t be surprised,but, safety in the first would be a surprise pick for me. Hyde and Poyer are one of the best safety tandems in the NFL. I think drafting an Olineman in the first might be an under the radar pick for some. For this offense to got to another level the blocking needs to get better in the middle. Ford shouldn’t be handed a starting spot. Morse’s health is  always an issue. There’s a couple OGs I’d take in the first. 

  • Thanks 1

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2021 at 6:14 AM, Nuke said:

I know some people wouldn’t be surprised,but, safety in the first would be a surprise pick for me. Hyde and Poyer are one of the best safety tandems in the NFL. I think drafting an Olineman in the first might be an under the radar pick for some. For this offense to got to another level the blocking needs to get better in the middle. Ford shouldn’t be handed a starting spot. Morse’s health is  always an issue. There’s a couple OGs I’d take in the first. 

Oline would be good with me.

Although, my preferred OL at 30 is Teven Jenkins, and he will probably be long gone.  I like Quinn Meinerz next. (see picture to the left #71)    But at 30 that is rich.

Now, if the Bills trade down from 30, and they don't think Quinn Meinerz will be there at 61, take him.  


Build the OLine...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think some are scared to draft a RB because “experts” and what not will laugh at the Bills. Meanwhile the Chiefs picked a RB with the last pick of the first round last year and everyone praised them for it. That RB became an instant contributor and ripped the Bills defense a new asshole. Harris and or ETN would be instant contributors. An OLmen might as well. Anyone else you pick there is sitting the bench, contributing nothing...


F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the chiefs have such a strong oline any rb could look super there

notice what happened in the sb when a couple of their oline starters were out. completely different team

its not the rb, its the oline. you can get the rb you need in the 3rd or 4th or later. but you need studs on the line and i expect them to take either edge or middle oline if they stay with their pick


One set of rules for all in The Beloved Community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, seandelevan said:

I think some are scared to draft a RB because “experts” and what not will laugh at the Bills. Meanwhile the Chiefs picked a RB with the last pick of the first round last year and everyone praised them for it. That RB became an instant contributor and ripped the Bills defense a new asshole. Harris and or ETN would be instant contributors. An OLmen might as well. Anyone else you pick there is sitting the bench, contributing nothing...

Felicano and Mitch Morse are essentially on one year deals.  Cody Ford is still an unknown.    

If the Bills trade back from pick 30, and draft Quinn Meinerz (aka the Gut) in the middle of the 2nd round he could step in at LG as a rookie (I assume he would bet out Cody).  Then in 2022 he could move to center.

In the meantime, with a better run blocking scheme this year, more designed for Zack Moss' skill set,  the running game will be improved.

At least in my fantasy world, that is how I see it.  


Build the OLine...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crazy Legs said:

Felicano and Mitch Morse are essentially on one year deals.  Cody Ford is still an unknown.    

If the Bills trade back from pick 30, and draft Quinn Meinerz (aka the Gut) in the middle of the 2nd round he could step in at LG as a rookie (I assume he would bet out Cody).  Then in 2022 he could move to center.

In the meantime, with a better run blocking scheme this year, more designed for Zack Moss' skill set,  the running game will be improved.

At least in my fantasy world, that is how I see it.  

I’d def be stoked for an olinemen. 


F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...