Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Legs

Bills Trade Up Proposed By THE ATHLETIC

Beane is known around the league as someone who is willing to make a trade and likes moving up rather than moving down.
In his first 3 drafts as Bills GM, Beane has traded up a total of four times and has never traded down.
(Beane moved up for Josh Allen, Tremaine Edmunds, Cody Ford and Dawson Knox....and even considered moving up for Zack Moss)

So will Beane move up this year?  In the 1st?  To get a Corner?

https://theathletic.com/2378777/2021...ds-trey-lance/

21. ***TRADE***

Buffalo receives:
2021 first-round pick (No. 21 overall

Indianapolis receives:
2021 first-round pick (No. 30 overall)
2021 third-round pick (No. 93 overall)
2021 fifth-round pick

Buffalo Bills (via IND) — Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina, 6'1" 205lbs
Horn is a great fit for what the Bills covet at the position. Horn offers immediate starting help with a high upside.

"There just aren’t many corners in this league who have his traits and his man-cover talent. I think he's got a chance to be special." -- Personnel executive for NFC team

Build the OLine...

I trust Beane's eye for talent. 

I'd rather sit at 30 and take the best available player but if Beane loves a CB or DE I'm ok with him giving up a 3rd and a 5th.

With the cheap, experienced depth he has added in fa it is going to be difficult for rookies to make the roster this year.

The Bills have talked about the need for speed after losing to KC all offseason.

I could see McBeane swinging for the fences like Buffalo Rumblings have suggested and land Kyle Pitts or trade up a few spots for a CB opposite Tre.

The have done BOTH, meaning they have traded up and down in the first round of the draft during their tenure here, so who knows.

• Like 1

That mock draft is 2 months old & seriously outdated.  Once I saw the proposed trade at #3, when Miami still was picking 3rd and Carolina hadn't yet traded for Darnold I knew it was obsolete.  

2 hours ago, LIBills said:

The Bills have talked about the need for speed after losing to KC all offseason.

I could see McBeane swinging for the fences like Buffalo Rumblings have suggested and land Kyle Pitts or trade up a few spots for a CB opposite Tre.

The have done BOTH, meaning they have traded up and down in the first round of the draft during their tenure here, so who knows.

I don't recall Beane trading down as the BILLS GM.    Now, before he got here, McDermott traded down and selected Tre White.

Build the OLine...

id rather they stay where they are and bolster the backups and get rookies ready to start down the road

but qbs did pick a lot on the side white wasnt on so i wouldnt be too upset if that happened. they can still add some good veteran talent at a big discount if they become available, and they will

One set of rules for all in The Beloved Community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

4 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

I don't recall Beane trading down as the BILLS GM.    Now, before he got here, McDermott traded down and selected Tre White.

I meant this regime as a whole.

2 hours ago, seandelevan said:

I’ll fucking drop kick a puppy if we trade up to draft a fucking cornerback are you fucking kidding? 

i knew i could count on you sean.........lol....i will catch that dam pup and punt him back to you full throootttle......:classic_biggrin:...it would be maddening if Bills move up for cb!!

• Thanks 1

cba fan

6 hours ago, LIBills said:

i believe he is referring to how to stop KC speed. 

Beane did add speed to offense so far this offseason so he may mean both i guess.

cba fan

This is a good CB draft and I am fully confident that the Bills can get a really good CB at 30 if that is the route they wanna go.

I agree with Sean that trading up for a CB is dumb idea, but not the puppy part. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Tanqueray Ten said:

Stay @30 and move up in the 2nd.

Also - I'm a dog lover and I'll leave it at that...

That is most logical approach....based on the way the prospects seem to be rated.

A good player at 30....and then maybe move up from 61 to about 50-55 for that one player they really want. 

Build the OLine...

A trade-up makes sense considering how tough it will be for lower round picks to make the roster. 

Beane mostly likes to move up in the 2nd round though.

• Thanks 1

On 4/10/2021 at 12:54 AM, Tanqueray Ten said:

Stay @30 and move up in the 2nd.

Also - I'm a dog lover and I'll leave it at that...

seandelevan has a pet dog. The dogs name is "Metaphor" fyi. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

cba fan