Sign in to follow this  
zanthrax54

Buffalo Bills announce permanent change to white facemasks

Buffalo Bills v Dallas Cowboys Photo by Wesley Hitt/Getty Images

The Buffalo Bills have listened to their fans and permanently moved from the grey facemasks to white facemasks for the cleanest look in football. Previously, white facemasks were only worn once a year for special events.

Here’s a side-by-side image slider:

The Buffalo Bills unveiled their new uniforms in 2011, choosing to move to the white helmets with the charging buffalo logo and grey facemasks as the default.

The team took to Twitter Thursday to announce the moves, starting April Fool’s Day with a long video extolling the virtues of the grey facemasks and how much everyone on the team loved them:

It’s official...

Coming this season. #BillsMafia pic.twitter.com/XQNVELjOmS

— Buffalo Bills (@BuffaloBills) April 1, 2021

Around noon, they released a follow-up video announcing the actual move. I have clarified with the team that the first video was the April Fool’s joke and that indeed the team is moving to white facemasks full-time. That’s not a joke.

SIKE.

White facemasks are here to stay. #BillsMafia pic.twitter.com/ySmE8aNBDu

— Buffalo Bills (@BuffaloBills) April 1, 2021

From 1984 to 2010, the team used red helmets with the charging buffalo logo. In 1984 and 1985, the red helmets were accented with royal blue facemasks while from 1986 forward they used grey.

From 1974-1983, the Bills used the charging buffalo on a white helmet. From 1977 to 1983, it was blue facemasks and 1974-1976 it was grey.

Prior to 1974, the team’s standing buffalo logo on a white helmet with grey facemasks was the one we think of as the throwback look. It wasn’t unveiled until the 1962 regular season.

From 1960 until the 1962 preseason, the team wore silver and blue uniforms featuring silver helmets with grey facemasks and the player’s number on the side in blue. This was a direct homage to the Detroit Lions, where Bills’ founder Ralph Wilson was a minority owner before settling the AFL franchise in Buffalo. (It’s rumored that Wilson bought the Lions’ old uniforms but I have never confirmed that.)

View the full article

The Buffalo Bills....

:rolleyes2

REBUILDING SINCE 2000!

To Fitzpatrick, Levitre, Kelsay, Mcgee, Barnett, Wilson, Jones, Nelson, Rinehart, McIntyre, Merriman, Shepperd, Scott, White, Wanny, and Mr. Chan Gailey...

It was real, it was fun, it just wasn't REAL FUN!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NEWVILLE MUD DAWGS FEVER BABY! We might not be very good right now, but we have infinite heart! Alot like the Bills! ;) HALLA!

http://www.muddawgsfootball.com

i wonder if the black players will kneel over this

• Haha 2

One set of rules for all in The Beloved Community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

9 hours ago, Bills4life! said:

Can we get rid of the blue pants and red pajamas?

I'm okay with the blue pants, but I hate the all red look.  Hate it.

I saw the Bills’ posts on their social media about the white face masks. They were really hyping it up. 

I could see the excitement in something like the team wearing ‘90s throwback uniforms for a few games per season but all that hype for white face masks?