Sign in to follow this  
Thebowflexbody

NOOOOOOOO to this "Infrastructure" Bill *****

I like the idea of good paying jobs but it will be for over 8 years, then what will happen to those jobs? They disappear. He does address it here:
The President would allocate $100 billion to workforce development -- helping dislocated workers, assisting underserved groups and getting students on career paths before they graduate high school.
It would provide $40 billion to retrain dislocated workers in high-demand sectors, such as clean energy, manufacturing and caregiving.
It would invest $12 billion in programs to train the formerly incarcerated, create a new subsidized jobs program, eliminate sub-minimum wage provisions and support community violence prevention programs.

While we need updated infrastructure, but it needs to be infrastructure that is needed, not like the bullet train to nowhere in California.

I’ve seen people be in good paying jobs, they’ve bought houses, new vehicles, life was good. In 5-7 years the oil boom went bust and they were out of work. House had to be sold and new vehicle traded in.

Here are two items of interest

Biden is also proposing to accelerate the shift to electric vehicles with a $174 billion investment in the electric vehicle market. It includes giving consumers rebates and tax incentives to buy American-made electric vehicles and establishing grant and incentive programs to build a national network of 500,000 charging stations by 2030. It would also replace 50,000 diesel transit vehicles and electrify at least 20% of yellow school buses. (Will the school districts get help with buying these new vehicles and will it be distributed equally?)

Another $80 billion would go to address Amtrak's repair backlog and modernize the Northeast Corridor line between Boston and Washington DC -- the line Biden relied on for decades to get home to Delaware -- as well as to connect more cities. ( The rest of the country doesn’t need to be modernized?)

On how we pay for it:
Cooperations get hit with two taxes which would bring their tax liability up to over 40% (which is what he wanted to do). Not a bad plan but last time cooperations had high taxes they left)

Corporate tax hike: Biden would raise the corporate income tax rate to 28%, up from 21%. The rate had been as high as 35% before former President Donald Trump and congressional Republicans cut taxes in 2017.

• Thanks 1
  • Barf 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

And no, I didn't read the OP

• Disagree 1

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

This bill is about pretty much anything but infrastructure.  READ IT.  This is a big LIE by the dems/libs.  READ IT.

How much money is going to libtard NGOs I wonder?

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Well, this is the kind of thing you should expect from people who invested more than 4 years of their lives, hopes, dreams, and MONEY to support the most incompetent, scandal riddled president and administration in America's history as it grifted its way in never-ending self-indulgence.. With insurrection as their parting gift, they find the new administration plugging away at actually GOVERNING and caring about America. So, after 4 years of "Infrastructure week" bullshit that is never realized, seeing the new administration so quickly put forward a vision and plan to put it into practice must be quite shocking. The sad truth is, the trolls have now gone from wanting OWN THE LIBS to having to be satisfied trying to own a minor discussion online.

• Disagree 2

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Hip attempting to "talk down to" someone like me is the highest form of comedy.  HipKat is a molecule in my universe.  Bottom line. :classic_biggrin:

bigbanks.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

process.jpg
seandelevan said:
Fuck this team
StraightJ said:
I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!
BertSquirtgum said:
Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy
Mainejays said:
Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.
image-trump-emoticon.png
212frawk said:
also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

They need to call it "The Stairway To Heaven" bill because there is so miniscule a portion (5%) going to the US infrastructure or what is known to be the traditional understanding of what infrastructure is.  This is a government transforming bill and it is again being introduced like the last bill that got through with fake, not real, money.  More and more will come out on this "Joe said it is wonderful" bill but everyone, I repeat, everyone needs to pay really close attention to this bill.  The amount they will want to put on it will go up too.  

So for that kind of money, which isn't coming from taxes but from the federal reserve, is poison money.  It doesn't represent anything.  It doesn't even have the backing of the strenght of The United States Economy and economic growth because there is not nearly enough to convince anyone that growth is occurring.  Would a lender look at US bonds and assume they are a good investment for growth at this time?  NO!  

We might as well start on that Stairway To Heaven, it's a more desirable and better project with a better outcome.  

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ckwccx7uthif3xd9sx

wynona's big brown beaver cowboys GIF by Primus

6 hours ago, DannyBoy said:

They need to call it "The Stairway To Heaven" bill because there is so miniscule a portion (5%) going to the US infrastructure or what is known to be the traditional understanding of what infrastructure is.  This is a government transforming bill and it is again being introduced like the last bill that got through with fake, not real, money.  More and more will come out on this "Joe said it is wonderful" bill but everyone, I repeat, everyone needs to pay really close attention to this bill.  The amount they will want to put on it will go up too.  

So for that kind of money, which isn't coming from taxes but from the federal reserve, is poison money.  It doesn't represent anything.  It doesn't even have the backing of the strenght of The United States Economy and economic growth because there is not nearly enough to convince anyone that growth is occurring.  Would a lender look at US bonds and assume they are a good investment for growth at this time?  NO!  

We might as well start on that Stairway To Heaven, it's a more desirable and better project with a better outcome.  

That is about as true as when you tried to say that the stimulus plan was all pork and you were proven to be wrong. Being wrong is like a way of life for you isn't it? Don't forget, the guy you supported promised and infrastructure plan and never delivered. Never even tried to deliver. Maybe if he would have done his job instead of being the worst, most corrupt president in the history of this country, President Joe Biden wouldn't have to. Don't you love when you read that in your mind, President Joe Biden? Doesn't that sound good in your head?

• Thanks 1
  • Disagree 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

One thing I like about democrats is that they are at least willing to discuss ways to pay for stuff. Republicans never do this anymore.

Iraq? Fuck it, lets slash income taxes across the board and pretend that shit will get paid for.

Medicare Part D? Fuck it, lets slash income taxes across the board and pretend that shit will get paid for.

Tax cuts? Fuck it, lets slash income tax rates across the board and pretend that shit will get paid for.

Republicans and democrats have one thing in common - they both love to spend money. Where they differ is how they pay for it (and to a lessor extent what they spend it on). Democrats usually propose tax hikes because they understand tax revenue is what pays for stuff. Republicans usually propose tax cuts because they have lost their fucking minds and couldn't care less if we freeload off of future generations through massive borrowing. This is why deficits always go up under republican presidents and always go down under democratic presidents.

I'm no fan of tax increases. I'm overtaxed. I did my tax return for last year and for every dollar I made, 31 cents vanished. I literally added up my entire social security, medicare, federal income tax, state income tax and state disability taxes owed and subtracted it from my gross pay and was able to keep 69% of the money I made. There are billionaires doing better than I am on taxes.

But you know what I am a fan of? Being fiscally responsible and paying our own way. I truly feel sorry for the next generations of Americans. We fucked them over big time. Just 20 years ago we were balancing our budgets and operating a surplus, with only 5.7 trillion in national debt. And in 20 short years we have bankrupted this country. Why? Because we're stupid. We believe that tax cuts just magically pay for themselves. That might be true with a high-ass tax rate but we really haven't had that since the early years of the Reagan administration.

So I applaud democrats for at least trying to figure out how to pay for this. I also applaud them for targeting this nation instead of some foreign shithole like Iraq. It is a crime that we stuck trillions into rebuilding their country and we can't get shit pumped into our own crumbling infrastructure.

Infrastructure is good policy. I said so when Trump was in office. I said if Trump really wanted to make a meaningful investment in infrastructure, he would likely find a lot of support among democrats. And for the record, I don't really blame Trump for not getting it done. I blame him for not trying harder, but I blame the GOP for not getting it done.

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Give the money to Wall St. They’ll be able to properly invest it in our domestic economy and invest in local infrastructure to support their businesses!  Mother knows best!!! (Insert eye roll here)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, foster said:

Give the money to Wall St. They’ll be able to properly invest it in our domestic economy and invest in local infrastructure to support their businesses!  Mother knows best!!! (Insert eye roll here)

Better yet, leave it to corrupt and incompetent government to handle.  LOL.  You are so full of shit.

It’s a lot of money, but, I like the fact that it is going to create jobs. Jobs equals people making money, paying taxes, buying stuff which equals more jobs. I am concerned about raising taxes on corporate America when we are already struggling to keep corporations in America. 

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill