Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jayhall93

Beane’s’ a cookin’

Recommended Posts

Brandon Beane needs to make his move.

Future draft picks mean nothing this year - he  has to take a shot.

Some options, IMO.

 

1- Trade for a DE - we need a true #1 pass rusher 

2-Trade for TE- I think we end up using our 3rd this year on a trade for or drafting another one. 
 

3-Trade for a RB1 - imagine this offense with a true #1 back? It would be unstoppable .

Beane will move this year’s #1 pick for a veteran player - book it.


[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can promise you now, not one of these things will happen.  The fact they are going after value players (Breida, Obada and Hollister) with a bit of upside tells me they ain’t doing shit. I don’t even know if Beane knows what he’s doing yet. If we signed Watt would we have been able to sign all of our own FA’s? I would have hated that.

  • Like 2

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need big uglies on the o line ... I don’t care about RB and I don’t care a lot about TE. O line and d line ...

  • Like 1

Proud adopter of #54 AJ Klein and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Ninety-five Percents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jayhall93 said:

Brandon Beane needs to make his move.

Future draft picks mean nothing this year - he  has to take a shot.

Some options, IMO.

1- Trade for a DE - we need a true #1 pass rusher 

2-Trade for TE- I think we end up using our 3rd this year on a trade for or drafting another one. 

3-Trade for a RB1 - imagine this offense with a true #1 back? It would be unstoppable .

Beane will move this year’s #1 pick for a veteran player - book it.

Will Beane trade the #30 pick for a starting DE, TE or RB1?    Interesting concept.  Of course he did that to get Diggs.....

The piece of the puzzle with Diggs was that Diggs was unhappy and wanted to get traded.   Is there a DE or TE out there that wants out?   IDK

Definitely something to monitor.


Draft Targets: Top Corner, OL Quinn Meinerz, TE Tommy Tremble, KR/PR Avery Williams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cap will limit any trades for a #1 pass rusher. I'd love to draft one at 30 but we'll see how the board falls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bcw said:

The cap will limit any trades for a #1 pass rusher. I'd love to draft one at 30 but we'll see how the board falls.

Finally someone who understands that in our cap situation we don't have the room to trade for a veteran who is worth a #1 pick. We had a lot more cap space along with a bigger cap last year.  One way or another (trade up, trade down, stay at 30) the Bills 1st round pick will be used on a rookie. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beane needs to be commended for retaining our own talent, but has done practically nothing to improve this team. I understand the cap situation, so big meaningful moves aren't possible. But he has done literally nothing to improve our defense. Our defense is what held us back last year. If we can't rush the QB or cover a TE, we're not going any farther this year than we did last year. We should be able to maintain and win the East again, but we haven't improved, so a Super bowl appearance seems very unlikely. Unless we get incredibly lucky in the draft, this year will be a disappointment, even if we repeat as AFC East champions. 


Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Draft picks are more important at this point because they are cheap and fit under the cap for 4 to 5 years.  Bills need to hit on their 1st and 2nd picks to contribute to nudge us a bit forward.  Finding a DE or CB that can produce would be great.  Hopefully Cody Ford takes a big leap forward as well.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are buiding for the long haul you have to use your draft picks.  That is what Beane wants to do.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Flan said:

If you are buiding for the long haul you have to use your draft picks.  That is what Beane wants to do.

We can win the Super Bowl next year by making 1 more move - imagine this offense with a true #1 RB or the defense with a 10+ sack DE. 
 


[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zan186 said:

Draft picks are more important at this point because they are cheap and fit under the cap for 4 to 5 years.  Bills need to hit on their 1st and 2nd picks to contribute to nudge us a bit forward.  Finding a DE or CB that can produce would be great.  Hopefully Cody Ford takes a big leap forward as well.

Draft picks are critical to keeping your team competing for a Ring once you start paying "market rate" for your QB.

The Bills are on the cusp of having to pay Josh Allen.   We need a Cornerback, Offensive Tackle, and Pass Rusher from draft picks, because as you mention they are on cheap contracts.

Pick 30.  Say they Bills draft a Cornerback and they are a strong starter.   You are only paying that player about $2.75 million a year.  For 4 years.

Versus having to pay a good corner $18-$19 million a year.   The difference is huge.

Ditto your Offensive Tackles.  Ditto your Edge rushers.  Hell, you need your 5th, 6th, and 7th round guys to make the team and contribute.  Those contracts are really cheap.  That balances out having to pay your QB $40 million a year.

 

 


Draft Targets: Top Corner, OL Quinn Meinerz, TE Tommy Tremble, KR/PR Avery Williams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...