Sign in to follow this  
Meathead

Awesome! Georgia Republicans pass sweeping voting restrictions

It's now a crime in Georgia to give voters in line food and water

Georgia Governor Brian Kemp on Thursday signed into law a sweeping Republican-sponsored overhaul of state elections that includes new restrictions on voting by mail and gives the legislature greater control over how elections are run.

Among other things, the law requires a photo ID in order to vote absentee by mail, after more than 1.3 million Georgia voters used that option during the COVID-19 pandemic. It also cuts the time people have to request an absentee ballot and limits where ballot drop boxes can be placed and when they can be accessed.

Democrats and voting rights groups say the law will disproportionately disenfranchise voters of color. It is part of a wave of GOP-backed election bills introduced in states around the nation after former President Trump stoked false claims that fraud led to his 2020 election defeat.

The Southern Poverty Law Center said Georgia Republican leaders were "cowering to extremists" with the legislation. 

"Thousands of voters have made it clear that the types of provisions in SB 202 are unacceptable and will disproportionately harm historically disenfranchised communities, young voters, and voters with disabilities," said Nancy Abudu, deputy legal director for the SPLC Action Fund. "The speed and magnitude of today's shift in election policy in Georgia is unprecedented and unlike any other major policy shift in the state's recent history."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/georgia-voting-bill-restricting-early-voting-signed-into-law-governor-kemp/

awesome

every time the republicans do this it backfires. the voters know whats going on and it pisses them off. it makes them furious and they will do ANYTHING to get their vote cast. cant give food and water to people in line? they will start bringing their own. cant get to the sparsely scattered drop boxes for mail in voting? they will organize busses to take people to them

its astonishing republicans havent learned this lesson yet. they will get spanked again, just like they have every time before when they tried pulling this shit

evil bastards this republicanism is now. and it will get punished

Desert-Climate.jpg

• Haha 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

1 hour ago, Meathead said:

Georgia Governor Brian Kemp on Thursday signed into law a sweeping Republican-sponsored overhaul of state elections that includes new restrictions on voting by mail and gives the legislature greater control over how elections are run.

Among other things, the law requires a photo ID in order to vote absentee by mail, after more than 1.3 million Georgia voters used that option during the COVID-19 pandemic. It also cuts the time people have to request an absentee ballot and limits where ballot drop boxes can be placed and when they can be accessed.

Democrats and voting rights groups say the law will disproportionately disenfranchise voters of color. It is part of a wave of GOP-backed election bills introduced in states around the nation after former President Trump stoked false claims that fraud led to his 2020 election defeat.

The Southern Poverty Law Center said Georgia Republican leaders were "cowering to extremists" with the legislation. 

"Thousands of voters have made it clear that the types of provisions in SB 202 are unacceptable and will disproportionately harm historically disenfranchised communities, young voters, and voters with disabilities," said Nancy Abudu, deputy legal director for the SPLC Action Fund. "The speed and magnitude of today's shift in election policy in Georgia is unprecedented and unlike any other major policy shift in the state's recent history."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/georgia-voting-bill-restricting-early-voting-signed-into-law-governor-kemp/

awesome

every time the republicans do this it backfires. the voters know whats going on and it pisses them off. it makes them furious and they will do ANYTHING to get their vote cast. cant give food and water to people in line? they will start bringing their own. cant get to the sparsely scattered drop boxes for mail in voting? they will organize busses to take people to them

its astonishing republicans havent learned this lesson yet. they will get spanked again, just like they have every time before when they tried pulling this shit

Desert-Climate.jpg

Why are voters given food and water? As an inticement to vote? Or just out of humanitarian concerns? Never heard of having to feed voters before. Is this new?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Meathead said:

awesome

Desert-Climate.jpg

B.S, Meat.

I for one am inspired!!  I'm going to run down to Georgia and vote in every one of their elections.  Oh wait!!  Now, I can't!!

BECAUSE THEY HAVE BRAINS!!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FanBack said:

B.S, Meat.

I for one am inspired!!  I'm going to run down to Georgia and vote in every one of their elections.  Oh wait!!  Now, I can't!!

BECAUSE THEY HAVE BRAINS!!

🎶🎵 “The Devil went down to Georgia, looking for a vote to steal.....”  🎵🎶🎶

• Haha 2

All the liberals are up in arms because there are not enough polling places in black districts so there are long lines and interminable waiting times.

Well, that is just too bad.  If those old timers who want to vote have trouble with this then they should keep themselves in better shape to handle the tough conditions.

Some people think that this is some type of discrimination.  Ha!  The law is there to prevent people from casting ballots for Democrats, not to keep them from voting for Blacks.  That is just common sense.  People think that this is some kind of "white supremacy" in action.  Humbug!  Conservatives hate what black people do, not who they are.  And if we have to make things harder for them to vote for the wrong candidates, then that is what we have to do.

• Disagree 1

I put a spell on you.

23 minutes ago, jc856 said:

Why are voters given food and water? As an inticement to vote? Or just out of humanitarian concerns? Never heard of having to feed voters before. Is this new?

republicans eliminated so many voting places that people, mostly poor, had to wait 6-8 HOURS or more just to vote. dont you remember the super long lines at obamas election?

so people go to vote and find out they are going to spend a full working day just waiting and they need sustenance. georgia had the balls and shamelessness to outlaw giving it to them voluntarily. wtf is this, this third reich?

it doesnt matter, people wont be deterred. in fact, it seemed to drive people to vote, to shove a stick right in the eyes of the republicans. if they werent going to vote before they sure as fuck were going to now. it brought tears to my eyes seeing people wait many hours on end just to hold up a big middle finger to republicans and utter a silent but unmistakable "fuck you, assholes" by overcoming the evil measures. churches took up collections way in advance to bus people from their neighborhoods to the polling places and take them home again. i was super proud of those black folks and all the people that helped them overcome the disgusting measures taken by republicans to try to keep them from voting. i bet there will be plenty of food and water to hand out before they step on those busses this time

congratulation, georgia legislature. youve helped turn georgia blue! when are you up for reelection again?

face it, republicans. yours is the party of the unamerican assholes. and now youre bowing down to the king of unamerican assholes, which will leave you roaming the desert for a long time. democrats are the crazy assholes, but at least they arent evil

• Barf 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

22 minutes ago, jc856 said:

I was thinking the exact same thing.  WTF?

3 minutes ago, Meathead said:

republicans eliminated so many voting places that people, mostly poor, had to wait 6-8 HOURS or more just to vote. dont you remember the super long lines at obamas election?

so people go to vote and find out they are going to spend a full working day just waiting and they need sustenance. georgia had the balls and shamelessness to outlaw giving it to them voluntarily. wtf is this, this third reich?

it doesnt matter, people wont be deterred. in fact, it seemed to drive people to vote, to shove a stick right in the eyes of the republicans. if they werent going to vote before they sure as fuck were going to now. it brought tears to my eyes seeing people wait many hours on end just to hold up a big middle finger to republicans and utter a silent but unmistakable "fuck you, assholes" by overcoming the evil measures. churches took up collections way in advance to bus people from their neighborhoods to the polling places and take them home again. i bet there will be plenty of food and water to hand out before they step on those busses this time

congratulation, georgia legislature. youve helped turn georgia blue! when are you up for reelection again?

face it, republicans. yours is the party of the unamerican assholes. and now youre bowing down to the king of unamerican assholes, which will leave you roaming the desert for a long time. democrats are the crazy assholes, but at least they arent evil

LOL.  Dream on, dream until your dreams come true....

You're crazy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Meathead said:

it doesnt matter, people wont be deterred. in fact, it seemed to drive people to vote, to shove a stick right in the eyes of the republicans. if they werent going to vote before they sure as fuck were going to now. it brought tears to my eyes seeing people wait many hours on end just to hold up a big middle finger to republicans and utter a silent but unmistakable "fuck you, assholes" by overcoming the evil measures. churches took up collections way in advance to bus people from their neighborhoods to the polling places and take them home again. i was super proud of those black folks and all the people that helped them overcome the disgusting measures taken by republicans to try to keep them from voting. i bet there will be plenty of food and water to hand out before they step on those busses this time

Where the fuck have you been?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Thebowflexbody said:

He has obviously taken leave of his senses.

Ya think????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Damn.  The dems are the good guys, huh?  Who knew?  LOL.  Insanity,

This is why I really don't want to talk politics too much.

These people are mentally ill and I think you know exactly who I mean on here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Damn.  The dems are the good guys, huh?  Who knew?  LOL.  Insanity,

Plus you give it back to them better than any of us could on this board. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Meathead said:

Folks, just the mere mention of this organization should tell you that this is an article for the trash pile.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

13 minutes ago, Meathead said:

If there aren’t enough places to vote, that’s not right, we all should be able to agree on that. No one should wait 8 hrs to vote. Period.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, jc856 said:

If there aren’t enough places to vote, that’s not right, we all should be able to agree on that. No one should wait 8 hrs to vote. Period.

Why are they even worried about that when HR1 says you can just mail it in with no signature and without even requesting an absentee ballot?

• Like 1

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Are voters not able to bring their own food?  If I know I'm going to be somewhere for awhile I bring a Snickers at the very least.  :niterider:

• Like 1

process.jpg
seandelevan said:
Fuck this team
StraightJ said:
I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!
BertSquirtgum said:
Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy
Mainejays said:
Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.
image-trump-emoticon.png
212frawk said:
also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

JgUk17gE.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Parler @NYexile

5 hours ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Screw you.  These rules are common sense.  Good for Georgia.  These rules help LIMIT CHEATING/VOTER FRAUD.

OH, it's common sense to let people stand in long lines in one of the hottest states in the country and make it illegal to give them water?? Really???

And how do you provide an ID on a mail in ballot? Like I always say, REPUBLICANS love to try and suppress voters

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

3 hours ago, jc856 said:

It's just more phony RACISM!!! bullshit.  I must be RACIST!!! and don't even know it yet.  LOL

13 minutes ago, HipKat said:

OH, it's common sense to let people stand in long lines in one of the hottest states in the country and make it illegal to give them water?? Really???

And how do you provide an ID on a mail in ballot? Like I always say, REPUBLICANS love to try and suppress voters

You are fucking ignorant.  For one thing, the vast majority of elections are in late autumn.  Not the dog days of summer.  LOL.  You suck propaganda through a straw, friend.

• Haha 1