Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

And the Dolphins get richer...

The AFC East teams are not sitting still.  That is for sure.

Dolphins, if they do it right....can really build a strong roster for the next 4 years, at least.

Now....do they have the right QB?  That will make all the difference.

Draft Targets: Top Corner, OL Quinn Meinerz, TE Tommy Tremble, KR/PR Avery Williams

Tua sucks, not gonna last past his rookie contract.  I get what the phins are doing, even if they jettison Tua, the team will be stacked...

SF doesn’t make a trade like that unless it is for a QB.   Now the Jets if they stick with SD will want to entertain offers from teams looking to jump SF.  

4 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

The AFC East teams are not sitting still.  That is for sure.

Dolphins, if they do it right....can really build a strong roster for the next 4 years, at least.

Now....do they have the right QB?  That will make all the difference.

Outside of QB, Miami is in a much better situation than we are.

• Like 1

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

The 3rd pick is worth that much when they are moving down to 12? Man that sucks!

Wait, is the 3rd pick because the Texans sucked ass last year?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalochief2 said:

SF doesn’t make a trade like that unless it is for a QB.   Now the Jets if they stick with SD will want to entertain offers from teams looking to jump SF.  

Agreed, seems like the Jets #2 pick just became more valuable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bv said:

The 3rd pick is worth that much when they are moving down to 12? Man that sucks!

Yes when you throw in 2 more future #1s

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

Getting richer implies they were already rich.  Maybe Lit sees something that I don’t see?  Only one pro bowl worthy player on that team with big question marks at QB.

Picks are nice but I wonder if there were discussions of 49er players like Bosa or Fred Warner.

3 minutes ago, bcw said:

Picks are nice but I wonder if there were discussions of 49er players like Bosa or Fred Warner.

I doubt anyone they draft will be as good as those two.  

One of those 1sts went to Philly, the extra from 22', so they still got the extra 3rd next year and extra 1 in 2023, by 2023 that team might look completely different....still a good move though, they'll still likely get the guy they were gonna at 3 but still gotta wait two years to get that pick

43 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

You act as if we did something wrong.  

Matt Millen was also great at getting picks .  It's what you do with them. 

They paid $15M to rent Van Noy and let him go right back to NE.

I'm not convinced that ownership, coach or front office are on the same page.   Not even 2 out of the 3. 

Putting Tua in reeked of ownership; then Flores flip-flopped on QBs.  They didn't get growth & evaluation of Tua AND they missed the playoffs. 

Oh wait.   Josh Allen owned them before he was good.  What happens now?  Miami is already 0-2.  It's just a matter of time passing.

I hate seeing Miami with these extra picks but it is better than them getting Watson.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Down and Out said:

You know it's his shtick...

Josh Allen 2018 vs. The Dolphins was like David Lee Roth in early VH (I forgot the f'in words!!)

Josh pre-snap:  'I forgot the f'in play!!'

Then he runs for a 45 yard TD.

1 minute ago, bcw said:

I hate seeing Miami with these extra picks but it is better than them getting Watson.

Bring it on.  Whilst Josh is training and getting exponentially better, we know what Watson is doing. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

If Tua has a career arc like Sam Darnold then Miami will be competitive but not the AFC East Champions. 

FYI  before day, The Miami Dolphins have league-high 14 selections in the 2020 NFL Draft.  After today's move they have a future #1 in 2023 from the 49ers.

Draft Targets: Top Corner, OL Quinn Meinerz, TE Tommy Tremble, KR/PR Avery Williams

1 hour ago, Buffalochief2 said:

49ers obviously are going to take a QB at 3.     And of course Jacksonville is taking Trevor Lawrence at #1.

But what will the Jets do at 2?    Will the Jets take a QB, leaving the 49ers with the 3rd "best" QB?
(Although the Jets will take the wrong one, so the 49ers pick will probably turn out to be the better QB)

It is looking like 4 QBs could go in the Top 10

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

If Tua has a career arc like Sam Darnold then Miami will be competitive but not the AFC East Champions. 

FYI  before day, The Miami Dolphins have league-high 14 selections in the 2020 NFL Draft.  After today's move they have a future #1 in 2023 from the 49ers.

14 picks is way too many rookies in the locker room.

If they are smart they get rid of some of them for future draft picks or trade up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Maybe in 5-7 years if we just tread water, but the last game Miami played, they needed to win to get into the playoffs, the Bills didn't have much to play for, and it was a horrific beatdown in Buffalo's favor. There's still a talent gap in our favor.

1. Josh owns the fish. Remember he's a Charles Clay drop from being undefeated vs them. 

2. Tua blows. Worst arm talent I've seen in years. 

3. A lot of picks do not mean a lot of stars. They can very easily blow it. And I'm sure they will

4. Brian Flores .... lol lol lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon: