Sign in to follow this  
HipKat

Biden to Unveil 3 Trillion Dollar Jobs & Infrastructure Plan

White House advisers are expected to present a two-part, $3 trillion jobs and infrastructure proposal to President Biden as soon as this week, CNN reported on Monday.

Biden said in his news conference today that he expects to announce his next major initiative during his upcoming trip to Pittsburgh that will aim to rebuild the "both physical and technological infrastructure in this country so we can compete and create significant numbers of really good-paying jobs."

The proposal, which Biden's top advisers have been deliberating over for weeks, would be segmented into two separate parts:

One focused on infrastructure and clean energy

A second focused on what's being termed the "care economy" with a focus zeroed in on key domestic economic issues

In full, it would mark a sweeping move toward enacting the key elements of the "jobs" agenda that Biden laid out in large part during his campaign for president, with a suite of potential tax increases on corporations and the wealthy as options to finance any longer-term spending in the final proposal.

The package will explode spending and is also expected to raise taxes on individuals earning more than $400,000 a year, as well as increase the corporate tax rate.

White House officials stressed that no final decisions about the final path forward have been made at this point.

Biden still has to review the proposals and plans to consult heavily with Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi about the scale and legislative sequencing of the next key pillar of his agenda.

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_CCP said:

LOL.  Spend 3 trillion more dollars that you don't have!  What a splendid idea!  I'm so glad Mr. Joe is your President!

I seriously don't understand why the right wing is so supportive of massive spending to build other nations, but not massive spending to build our own.

Do you have any ideas?

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

2 hours ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Seriously fucked up timing for such a dumb idea.  That's dems for you, though.  Morons.

Was it bad timing when your cult leader outspent every other president in the history of this country?

Seek help. soflabillsfan

We don't have anymore money without hyperinflation coming.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

8 hours ago, HipKat said:

Was it bad timing when your cult leader outspent every other president in the history of this country?

Yes. He was talking out of his ass when he said he would reduce the deficit, and deficit spending. He never spent 2 seconds worrying about it after he was elected.

of course, they all make that promise

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, jc856 said:

Yes. He was talking out of his ass when he said he would reduce the deficit, and deficit spending. He never spent 2 seconds worrying about it after he was elected.

Even Bill Clinton...

Seek help. soflabillsfan

41 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Even Bill Clinton...

Clinton did good I must admit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jc856 said:

Somehow he's under the impression that we all approved of those porkulus bills during Trump's years. I'm sure a quick search on The Range would find some of us not condoning them. I know personally I thought the whole things were ridiculous.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Infrastructure is a good way to boost domestic driven/retained GDP. Dollars spent on infrastructure tend to turn locally adding to the velocity of the $$ leverage margin on the initial $ spent. 

We are way behind other developed nations when it comes to our infrastructure and intermodal delivery systems. There’s no better time to work on this than now as it will pay for itself over and over for years. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, foster said:

Infrastructure is a good way to boost domestic driven/retained GDP. Dollars spent on infrastructure tend to turn locally adding to the velocity of the $$ leverage margin on the initial $ spent. 

We are way behind other developed nations when it comes to our infrastructure and intermodal delivery systems. There’s no better time to work on this than now as it will pay for itself over and over for years. 

Exactly. How much longer can we drive across bridges that are in need of restoration, highways that are falling apart and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Remember high speed rail?? We're a joke when it comes to that. Adds jobs, puts people back to work, puts money in their pockets that get's put back int othe economy.

Long overdue!

Seek help. soflabillsfan

You know, I would be OK with this bill if we could siphon some of the money off to Trump's super-pac.

And, I would be OK with it if all the money went to white guys.

But, since neither of this things is going to happen, we have to fight like hell against it. 

I put a spell on you.

On 3/27/2021 at 7:38 AM, HipKat said:

Exactly. How much longer can we drive across bridges that are in need of restoration, highways that are falling apart and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Remember high speed rail?? We're a joke when it comes to that. Adds jobs, puts people back to work, puts money in their pockets that get's put back int othe economy.

Long overdue!

Money spent on the ground, in the country, is good for the economy and even better when it’s spent on infrastructure projects to allow businesses to operate more efficiently where they are located 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 12:44 AM, foster said:

I thought trump was going to address infrastructure. Then I didn’t hear anymore about it. What happened?

and I agree, roads and bridges need upgrading. But just as important, what about our electrical grid? Seems vulnerable and behind the times from things I’ve read....