Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mixum

Not a great off season at all!

Recommended Posts

I get we resigned some guys. Really average guys. 
 

We signed an OLD WR. A garage punter. No upgrades anywhere accept backup QB who I think is pretty close to Barkley. 
 

Most importantly I think we lost the best three RFAs. Robert’s McKenzie and Bojo. There’s a reason we lost them. They will cost most. 

Unless Beane makes Ertz trade, gets Hunt, or signs a really good corner.... this team is not better then last year. Not even close. 

  • Disagree 1
  • Barf 3

"Buffalo is hard to play but not hard to beat"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree.

I didn't thing there was any way to bring back Milano, Williams and Feliciano but we got all 3 on hometown discounts.

I liked McKenzie and Roberts but they are replaceable.  I'll wait and see who is put in those spots before being upset about them.

Bojo has a powerful leg but couldn't control it.

I think Sanders is a similar quality player to Brown.

Barkley was a good locker room guy but I was really worried about him ever getting snaps in a game that meant something. Tribinski has his flaws but he can win some games if forced into action.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It certainly could be better than last year. We're definitely better at backup QB. Hopefully the o-line is better through continuity. If Gabriel Davis takes another step, our WR's are better than last year. I think I trust the coaches and I believe they made these moves because they know our team is still pretty young and most players have not yet reached their full potential. Matt Milano could still get better, Tremaine Edmunds could and should be better. Josh Allen could take another step. I like that we didn't spend crazy money on free agents. Next year there will be a lot more money to do that. 


:shotgun:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mixum said:

I get we resigned some guys. Really average guys. 
 

We signed an OLD WR. A garage punter. No upgrades anywhere accept backup QB who I think is pretty close to Barkley. 
 

Most importantly I think we lost the best three RFAs. Robert’s McKenzie and Bojo. There’s a reason we lost them. They will cost most. 

Unless Beane makes Ertz trade, gets Hunt, or signs a really good corner.... this team is not better then last year. Not even close. 

Okay then....

I actually like the change/upgrade at punter and backup QB.   Not huge moves, but as Beane likes to say...always looking to upgrade every position.

Signing back our own.  Based on how he structured the deals, Milano, Mongo, DW all have modest cap hits in 2021.   Much less than if we would have signed other Free Agents.

Cap.  See above.  Beane had very little to work with.  The deal with Trubisky is dirt cheap.  E Saunders deal is cheap.  Even the deal with Matt Hauck is low.

I did agree no significant upgrades to stop Patrick Mahomes/Chiefs.  No big pass rusher.  No major upgrade on the Oline.  No upgrade at CB2.

The draft will be very important.

 


Build the OLine...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with everyone saying “the draft”.... everyone else gets better there too. 


"Buffalo is hard to play but not hard to beat"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s definitely going to be a battle in the AFC east this season. With everyone else building through free agency and not being that far behind in record last season ( Dolphin, Pats) and the Bills in my opinion not really upgrading their run blocking or edge rusher! How about a defender who can cover a damn TE ? It’s hard to get a rookie to come in and do any of those right away 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

Okay then....

I actually like the change/upgrade at punter and backup QB.   Not huge moves, but as Beane likes to say...always looking to upgrade every position.

Signing back our own.  Based on how he structured the deals, Milano, Mongo, DW all have modest cap hits in 2021.   Much less than if we would have signed other Free Agents.

Cap.  See above.  Beane had very little to work with.  The deal with Trubisky is dirt cheap.  E Saunders deal is cheap.  Even the deal with Matt Hauck is low.

I did agree no significant upgrades to stop Patrick Mahomes/Chiefs.  No big pass rusher.  No major upgrade on the Oline.  No upgrade at CB2.

The draft will be very important.

The Bills can still make a big move on the defensive side after the draft. Don't count that out.

Plus, young guys like Ford, Knox, Davis, Moss, Epenesa, Darryl Johnson, Edmunds can take another step up and the Bills will move into CLEAR SB favorite status.

We shall see if the Bills are doing it right.

And the Bills have Josh Allen, who is all of 25 years old. His presence alone makes the Bills SB favorites after a big leap in year 3 for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, loco71 said:

It’s definitely going to be a battle in the AFC east this season. With everyone else building through free agency and not being that far behind in record last season ( Dolphin, Pats) and the Bills in my opinion not really upgrading their run blocking or edge rusher! How about a defender who can cover a damn TE ? It’s hard to get a rookie to come in and do any of those right away 

The Bills are ahead of these teams by a country mile at the most important position in sports....... the QB.

That's not changing at all in 2021, unless one of these teams can get Russell Wilson (which will cost the moon and the stars). Watson isn't an option right now with all his troubles as he might be put on the Commissioner's exempt list, at worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Country mile? The only beat the 3-13 jets by 8 & 10 points and only won by a field goal to the fins. And if it wasn’t for that last second strip by Zimmer on C. Newton the pats would of beaten us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought we did pretty good considering the cap was about $28M lower than expected. Most teams had to make tough choices and the ones that had money, *cough* Patriots, wasted big dollars on a ton of players that weren't worth it.


Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you could say this every offseason except last years diggs deal

opie and the bean have a knack at finding the meh guys and turning them into productive if not major contributors

plus, theres still plenty of time left. theres going to be a glut of seasoned veterans taking half they normally would just to get a job. thats where beanie should shine. i expect him to bring some of those in to compete on the offensive line as a priority


One set of rules for all in The Beloved Community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it ain’t broke......

we went 13 and fucking 3. 
 

But I want another playmaker.....


F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

If it ain’t broke......

we went 13 and fucking 3. 
 

But I want another playmaker.....

That can be added in the draft.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be patient - it’s not lost on McBeane that they need a RB1 and TE1


[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's amusing that everyone thinks Mitch Trubisky is an upgrade over Matt Barkley.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mixum said:

The problem with everyone saying “the draft”.... everyone else gets better there too. 

We've "gotten better" in free agency a million times.  And then won 8 games.  Welcome to the world of having a good team.  A really good team.  It's hard to get markedly better...especially in a year when the cap has shrunk!

They can get better and win less games.  13 wins is hard.  With this team now, the season doesn't begin until the playoffs.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not for nothing but who would be better at the $ we signed our guys at? We went 13-3. Edge rusher is all we need. 

  • Like 1

It is the way.

 

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

 

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

 

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

 

#Cup or Bust 2021 #Bowl or Bust 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, loco71 said:

Country mile? The only beat the 3-13 jets by 8 & 10 points and only won by a field goal to the fins. And if it wasn’t for that last second strip by Zimmer on C. Newton the pats would of beaten us

You're right they should start lookig ahead to the 2023 draft right now and fire everybody from the top down!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beane and McDermott have done nothing in the last four years but turn this team into a contender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mixum said:

I get we resigned some guys. Really average guys. 
 

We signed an OLD WR. A garage punter. No upgrades anywhere accept backup QB who I think is pretty close to Barkley. 
 

Most importantly I think we lost the best three RFAs. Robert’s McKenzie and Bojo. There’s a reason we lost them. They will cost most. 

Unless Beane makes Ertz trade, gets Hunt, or signs a really good corner.... this team is not better then last year. Not even close. 

We have 19 of 22 starters back from a team that went to within 2.5 quarters of a Superbowl berth.  We upgraded at QB, we got a bit more competative at TE, we got a WR who was cheaper and in some ways better than Smoke, and we still have the draft and possibly something through trades.  Beane said he was going to keep the team together and not go after splashy free agents and he has done exactly that.  This team is not a 3-13 team looking for its first playoff game in decades, its a competently ran 13-3 team that made it to the AFC championship game.  I mostly approve of what they have done so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...