Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Legs

Did I just hear Brandon Beane say he is leaning towards taking a CB in the 1st round?

When asked by the media today about the Cornerback position.....paraphrasing...

Beane said the Bills are “very content” with Levi Wallace and Dane Jackson competing for the starting CB2 spot. Also said they’d “monitor” some FA cornerbacks though

My twisted logic is that there is no reason to chase down a $12 million a year CB in Free Agency if you feel there is a high likelihood of drafting one in the 1st round this year.  You stick with Levi and Dane (who are fairly competent, if not great) and then you draft  someone like Greg Newsome, and let the competition begin. 

Even if the rookie doesn't win the starting job on July 1st, he will be pushing to take over the CB2 spot as you get into the regular season.   

So that is what I heard today....

• Like 1

Draft Targets: Top Corner, OL Quinn Meinerz, TE Tommy Tremble, KR/PR Avery Williams

They will definitely bring in competition for the #2 cb spot but what did he say that leads you to believe he is suggesting he will do it in the 1st?

way too expensive

One set of rules for all in The Beloved Community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

We need an impact player in the front 7 but going CB 1st or 2nd round this year or next is a honestly a great move.

Tre is locked up for the next 6 years.  Getting a stud opposite of him on a rookie contract for 5 would be fantastic.

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

Not sure how you read what he said to mean we are bringing in a 1st rounder to also compete for the CB2 job.  Sounds more like we are going to let Levi and Dane compete.  They are really high on Dane.

13 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Not sure how you read what he said to mean we are bringing in a 1st rounder to also compete for the CB2 job.  Sounds more like we are going to let Levi and Dane compete.  They are really high on Dane.

While I do think they like Dane I think that was Beane's way of making it appear he isn't desperate to draft one in the 1st or 2nd.

Maybe Dane will pan out but he was on the practice squad most of the year. I'll believe he is good enough when he wins the job. He did look decent when he was out there but i dont want to trust him with a starting spot yet.

Levi is nice to fall back on if Dane isn't ready and others who will be brought in can't win the job. The team didn't feel confident enough to sign him to a rfa contract so that tells me they would like someone to beat him out.

• Like 1

need pass rush and someone anyone who can cover Kelce type TE. 

cba fan

The tea leaves seem to be suggesting the Bills / Beane are at least considering a CB in the early rounds.

Many of the PreDraft Zoom meetings have been with CBs.   Including Elijah Molden,  Ifeatu Melifonwu,  and Asante Samuel Jr.  Could be more that we don't know about like Greg Newsome, etc.

It will be interesting...especially if Caleb Farley slides down the board because of his recent surgery.

Draft Targets: Top Corner, OL Quinn Meinerz, TE Tommy Tremble, KR/PR Avery Williams