Upgrade?

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
 · 5m
Former Bears' QB Mitchell Trubisky is signing with the Buffalo Bills, per @JFowlerESPN and me.

Draft Targets: Top Corner, OL Quinn Meinerz, TE Tommy Tremble, KR/PR Avery Williams

Josh Allen has a new backup quarterback. Mitchell Trubisky is signing with the Bills, the team announced. Trubisky spent the last four years in Chicago, where the Bears made the disastrous decision to trade up to No. 2 overall to select him in a draft in which Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson were the next [more]

View the full article

2 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

I have no words.

One year deal for Tribusky.

He will find a new team, and a better contract in 2022.

For now, he is a better backup than Barkley, IMO.

I like the move.  Never comfortable thinking Barkley would have to take over if something happened to Josh.

• Like 1

Draft Targets: Top Corner, OL Quinn Meinerz, TE Tommy Tremble, KR/PR Avery Williams

Better than Barkley i guess....how much was barkely getting?

NFL: Chicago Bears at Buffalo Bills Timothy T. Ludwig-USA TODAY Sports

There’s a new (backup) sheriff in town.

The Buffalo Bills, aiming for an NFL championship, are checking every box on their roster, and that includes backup quarterback. With Matt Barkley, the team’s previous backup quarterback, set to be a free agent, they’ve signed former Chicago Bears quarterback Mitchell Trubisky to a one-year contract. The team made the announcement on Thursday afternoon.

Trubisky, the second overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, didn’t develop into a franchise quarterback for the Bears. He was selected to the 2018 Pro Bowl as the Bears won 12 games in Matt Nagy’s inaugural season, but regressed in subsequent seasons. The Bears QB job eventually gave way to a timeshare between Trubisky and Nick Foles.

So Trubisky didn’t work out as a long-term starter. But it’s fair to say he’s much more talented than Barkley. With 64 touchdowns to 37 interceptions and a 64 percent completion rate, he’s played above the quarterback “Mendoza line” for his whole career. He’s athletic enough to play the scramble drill, and he has enough arm talent to hit many of the same windows as Josh Allen.

With Allen, the Bills think they have a potential MVP on the roster. But if he sprains an ankle or takes a shot to the ribs, they needed a player who could start in his absence and lead the team to wins. Trubisky was one of the few free agents on the market who could qualify, and now he’s in Buffalo.

View the full article

The Buffalo Bills....

:rolleyes2

REBUILDING SINCE 2000!

To Fitzpatrick, Levitre, Kelsay, Mcgee, Barnett, Wilson, Jones, Nelson, Rinehart, McIntyre, Merriman, Shepperd, Scott, White, Wanny, and Mr. Chan Gailey...

It was real, it was fun, it just wasn't REAL FUN!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NEWVILLE MUD DAWGS FEVER BABY! We might not be very good right now, but we have infinite heart! Alot like the Bills! ;) HALLA!

http://www.muddawgsfootball.com

4 minutes ago, jpp said:

Better than Barkley i guess....how much was barkely getting?

Nothing.  $1.5 million per year

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

The fact that they spent any amount of time going after Trubisky is just sad to me.

Tribusky > Barkley

And, there is a chance Tribusky leaves in 2022 to become a starter, and we get a high(er) comp pick .....if we are entitled to one.

Go Bills.

• Thanks 1

I like the signing.

Tribinski has starting experience and I feel much better about him going into a game than Barkley.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

The fact that they spent any amount of time going after Trubisky is just sad to me.

Accentuating the positive as always!!!  LOL

Might just be trade bait in case someone's starter goes down early in the year ?

Interesting get. Certainly not one I would've expected. Too bad for Barkley, always liked him. He seems like a good dude and I think he's been great for Josh. 

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Trubisky officially ends his Bears tenure with

10,609 yards, 64 touchdowns, 37 interceptions, a completion percentage of 64.0 percent, an average of 6.7 yards per pass, and a record of 29-21 as a starter

Good #s for a backup.

1 hour ago, Crazy Legs said:

Tribusky > Barkley

And, there is a chance Tribusky leaves in 2022 to become a starter, and we get a high(er) comp pick .....if we are entitled to one.

Go Bills.

I agree that he is better.

But instead of spending money on starting players that make an impact in 50% + of every game, we sign a backup that may never make it into a single game.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

I agree that he is better.

But instead of spending money on starting players that make an impact in 50% + of every game, we sign a backup that may never make it into a single game.

The team needed a backup QB no matter what.  He's getting $2.5 million, about the same as Barkley.  Obviously they don't believe that Fromm or Webb could win in a few games if Josh went down for a month.  Fromm & Webb may be battling for 1 practice squad spot this season.  

• Like 2

Not sure why backup QB was a priority through FA and not the draft but we did upgrade the position. I'm more shocked that a former 1st round pick's star has fallen so far that he's signing in Buffalo for peanuts.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

5 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Not sure why backup QB was a priority through FA and not the draft but we did upgrade the position. I'm more shocked that a former 1st round pick's star has fallen so far that he's signing in Buffalo for peanuts.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets traded before the season begins.  :niterider:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

process.jpg
seandelevan said:
Fuck this team
StraightJ said:
I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!
BertSquirtgum said:
Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy
Mainejays said:
Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.
image-trump-emoticon.png
212frawk said:
also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

4 minutes ago, Woody said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets traded before the season begins.  :niterider:

hmmmm GIF

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Way better than Barkley.....if Allen gets hurt this guy can hold down the fort for sure....the bonus is trade bait as well.....some team maybe desperate for a QB at sometime during the season.....however i still want them to get Ertz....Khaili Mack people is a pipe dream....NEVER EVER GONNA HAPPEN EVER! NOT NOW NOT IN THE IMMEDIATE FUTURE!  but if by some miracule it does i will eat my crow and fucking enjoy it!!

• Like 1

I completely understand and agree with this signing.  It almost has a Philadelphia style Big Dick Nick quality to it.  This is clearly Allen's team and they clearly expect to win now, but Trubisky can insure against complete disaster if Allen misses playing time.  Lets not kid ourselves, Allen is a warrior, but he had no business playing against the Titans or Jets last season.  Beane has beefed up the receiving corps and its possible that Diggs and Sanders are the top two receivers and when we go 4 wide we are gonna be a nightmare.  On the other hand, sorry to tell this to Sean, but I think they go with RB or TE in the first and then go heavy on the DL in the rest of the draft.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Jesus Christ he pissed some fuck heads off with that tweet

D628EBDB-F48D-43B6-8D62-B7A14115F022.jpeg

D2BE7EF4-9370-4712-B38A-F6D79BF48BD1.jpeg

98F31941-65ED-416E-8393-403544450105.jpeg

CF5032D5-408D-46B1-B221-452C0DC54FF8.jpeg

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg