Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

damn Beane obliterated Milano

They were projecting he would get $12-$14 mil per season in free agency.

We have him for $12.8 mil TOTAL over the next two seasons, and under $10 mil for each of the last two seasons.

DAYUMMMM Beane.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

I don’t think anybody knows what the market is truly going to be for players because of the cap. Either way I like the deal for us

• Like 1

It's good to say that but if he got to the market and got say $35 million, he would have left 9 on the table in this market you don't know.

12 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

We have him for $12.8 mil TOTAL over the next two seasons, and under $10 mil for each of the last two seasons.

DAYUMMMM Beane.

On profootballtalk.com they said $24 Million guaranteed.

• Like 1

This is a huge win for the Bills - really surprised Beane got it done - amazing deal.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

15 minutes ago, jayhall93 said:

This is a huge win for the Bills - really surprised Beane got it done - amazing deal.

It is a huge win for this team, and I am loving the specifics of this contract.  However, I would not say I am surprised by this deal.  If this was Doug Waley, Buddy Nix, Russ Brandon, Marv, Tom Donahoe etc. . . . then yeah I would have been surprised to see them get this done.  This competence is something that I have slowly gotten used to  and come to expect these past four years. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

DAYUMMMM Beane.

I am guessing but I would assume it is structured so year 4, aka 2024, he doesn't have a big DeadCap # so if the Bills are moving on from him they can do it without too much pain.

Build the OLine...

Considering Kwon Alexander got $17mil annually a few years ago, getting Milano at the price they did, its a steal

this years salary levels are not comparable to any other season in modern day nfl season history. a number that would be way too low in '00 is going to be just about right in '01

this is the first time since they tied the cap to revenue that the cap has gone down. there is going to be an ocean of capable vets, some of them very good, that are going to be taking close to half of what they would have got in a normal year

so dont compare or project as if the pandemic didnt happen and didnt have a massive effect on the salcap bc it did

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One set of rules for all in The Beloved Community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

$7m in the bank on top of his past 4 years earnings. Another 5 next year and he’s moving forward with a team he wants to play for. 

Sounds to me like a very grounded player that knows he’s set for life and now wants the next thing that’s missing - a ring - and this is his best chance. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

DAYUMMMM Beane.

I agree we got a deal. But there are missing numbers that we don't know exactly where they fall. Four years for $44 million is $11 million per year. Not that far off $12-$14 million, especially considering the cap circumstances and the glut of quality players available to teams.

The numbers shown in the tweet only add up to $38.6 mil, so there's another $5.4 mil unaccounted for. And yeah, the first 2 season salaries add up to $12.8 million total, but there's also a $7 million signing bonus. I suppose it could be argued that doesn't all count towards the first year, although in Milano's eyes I'm sure it does. But it could also be argued it counts, pushing his first 2 years up to $19.8 million.

No doubt some of the unreported amount is workout bonuses or per game bonuses, etc., which are probably evenly spread but if so some of that will also be in the first 2 years. But since they also reported $24 million guaranteed, it's very possible they used a 2nd year guaranteed option bonus worth another $2-$3 million as a way to get him more guaranteed in the first 2 years but can still be prorated if need be next year while still helping to reduce the cap hit this year. 

So I'm thinking it's a bit more than $12.8 the first 2 years - maybe as much as $24 million. But Yes, I do agree, either way, Beane got a good deal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bumbles247 said:

I agree we got a deal. But there are missing numbers that we don't know exactly where they fall. Four years for $44 million is $11 million per year. Not that far off $12-$14 million, especially considering the cap circumstances and the glut of quality players available to teams.

The numbers shown in the tweet only add up to $38.6 mil, so there's another $5.4 mil unaccounted for. And yeah, the first 2 season salaries add up to $12.8 million total, but there's also a $7 million signing bonus. I suppose it could be argued that doesn't all count towards the first year, although in Milano's eyes I'm sure it does. But it could also be argued it counts, pushing his first 2 years up to $19.8 million.

No doubt some of the unreported amount is workout bonuses or per game bonuses, etc., which are probably evenly spread but if so some of that will also be in the first 2 years. But since they also reported $24 million guaranteed, it's very possible they used a 2nd year guaranteed option bonus worth another $2-$3 million as a way to get him more guaranteed in the first 2 years but can still be prorated if need be next year while still helping to reduce the cap hit this year. 

So I'm thinking it's a bit more than $12.8 the first 2 years - maybe as much as $24 million. But Yes, I do agree, either way, Beane got a good deal.

The missing $5 mil is almost certainly bonuses or incentives.

The signing bonus is counted for CAP the moment it signs, so it has no bearing on the first two years outside of straight cash. 

Thats why teams often restructure deals to convert salary to signing bonus.

Hopefully Milano is starting a trend of players signing team friendly deals so that they can compete for a Super Bowl in Buffalo.

Next up are Allen and Edmonds coming in at below market rate.

• Thanks 1

I keep coming back how much is enough. Milano is guaranteed $24m + the 3 he made these last 4 years.  The next 10-20m will not drastically change his life. That ship has sailed. 

I see two kinds of players, the grounded ones such as Milano, Butler, etc that do not let their wealth and salary define them and those that do. 

This team’s culture seems to be more in line with Milano/Butler and that’s a good thing

Maybe he just wanted to be here more than he wanted to cash out with the max amount of money he could earn. I mean, it's not always about the money to everybody

• Thanks 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

I don't know how much Beane makes. But that man is worth every damn penny. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

The more I hear about this deal the more I love it.

According to https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/matt-milano-21905/:

Year 1: $8 million cap hit

Year 2: $10 million cap hit

Year 3: $11.75 million cap hit, only $3.5 million dead cap it cut (free up $8.25 million if cut)

Year 4: $11.75 million cap hit. only $1.75 million dead cap (free up $10 million if cut)

4 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

The missing $5 mil is almost certainly bonuses or incentives.

The signing bonus is counted for CAP the moment it signs, so it has no bearing on the first two years outside of straight cash. 

Thats why teams often restructure deals to convert salary to signing bonus.

I'm well aware how it's counted and why teams restructure. Yes, it's counted as cap. A $7 million signing bonus counts $1.75 million each year. That's $7 million in cash the first year, and $3 million worth of cap ON TOP of the $12.8 million figure for the first 2 years. So how can you say it has no bearing on the first two years? What exactly are we disputing? I pointed out your claim that we get him for a total of $12.8 million the first 2 years was off by a bit (all the while still agreeing we did good on the deal). That's all.

Yeah my speculation of a possible 2nd year guaranteed option bonus was off. I freely admitted it was speculation. And of course there's bonuses, $1.5 worth in the first 2 years which will certainly be earned, thus they're already charged to the cap (on top of the $12.8 million). And $1.3 million which may be earned, potentially adding a little more. 

So either way we slice it, the first 2 years cost $21.5 million in actual cash (possibly more if incentives are reached), with a cap charge of $18 million (possibly more if incentives are reached). Any way you slice it, it's a little more than $12.8 million the first 2 years, wouldn't you agree? And the final 2 years are each $10 million (good call) cash with an $11.75 cap hit (possibly more if incentives are hit).

And yes, Beane did good. We got a Hell of a deal. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/matt-milano-21905/

12 minutes ago, Bumbles247 said:

I'm well aware how it's counted and why teams restructure. Yes, it's counted as cap. A $7 million signing bonus counts $1.75 million each year. That's $7 million in cash the first year, and $3 million worth of cap ON TOP of the $12.8 million figure for the first 2 years. So how can you say it has no bearing on the first two years? What exactly are we disputing? I pointed out your claim that we get him for a total of $12.8 million the first 2 years was off by a bit (all the while still agreeing we did good on the deal). That's all.

Yeah my speculation of a possible 2nd year guaranteed option bonus was off. I freely admitted it was speculation. And of course there's bonuses, $1.5 worth in the first 2 years which will certainly be earned, thus they're already charged to the cap (on top of the $12.8 million). And $1.3 million which may be earned, potentially adding a little more. 

So either way we slice it, the first 2 years cost $21.5 million in actual cash (possibly more if incentives are reached), with a cap charge of $18 million (possibly more if incentives are reached). Any way you slice it, it's a little more than $12.8 million the first 2 years, wouldn't you agree? And the final 2 years are each $10 million (good call) cash with an $11.75 cap hit (possibly more if incentives are hit).

And yes, Beane did good. We got a Hell of a deal. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/matt-milano-21905/

The way you worded it (or perhaps just the way my brain comprehended your wording), made it sound like the $7 mil is an instant hit on the 1st year.

Sounds like we are on the same page.

• Like 1

Beane has already crushed FA this year , with our own .

we still need a RB1, TE1, another young DE.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I read in an article that the Lavonte David contract extension with Tampa Bay lowered the ceiling a bit. David got $25M over 2 years with $20M of it guaranteed. Since David was a hotter prospect on the FA market that must have tempered expectations for Milano.

David ranked 10 on PFT's top 100 Free Agents list and Milano at 25.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

23 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

DAYUMMMM Beane.

It's a legit hometown discount.

Guys want to win.  Beane and McD are super player friendly.

The market being depressed with the cap dropping certainly helped, but Milano would've gotten PAID as the top FA LB available.

I'm super interested to see what Josh does.  Willhe get 45M because that's what his value is?

Does he take like 33M to keep cap space for other guys?

• Thanks 1

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

Milano' s play was really affected by his pectoral injury.

Did he need surgery this off season or is that something he can heel without?

It's a great deal we can get out of in 2 years.  Beane is good at his job.  Pegulas got so lucky with McBeane.  Couldn't have happened to a better fanbase or city