Sign in to follow this  
HipKat

Trump pressured another Georgia elections official to uncover nonexistent voter fraud

Trump pressured another Georgia elections official to uncover nonexistent voter fraud

- Former President Donald Trump pressured another Georgia elections official to find voter fraud, The Wall Street Journal reported.
- Frances Watson is the chief investigator at the Georgia Secretary of State's office.
- "Do you think they'll be working after Christmas, to keep it going fast?" Trump asked. "Because, you know, we have that date of the 6th, which is a very important date."

Former President Donald Trump urged a Georgia elections official to uncover nonexistent evidence of mass fraud before the "very important date" of January 6, The Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.

In a six-minute phone call before Christmas, Trump pressured Frances Watson, the investigations supervisor for the Georgia Secretary of State, to scrutinize the signatures on mail-in ballots, while falsely claiming he won the state by "hundreds of thousands of votes."

Trump lost Georgia by over 11,000 votes, an outcome confirmed by audits and the state's Republican elections officials.

The phone call with Watson was a prelude to a more confrontational talk days later with Georgia's Secretary of State, Brad Raffensperger. In that conversation, days before the insurrection at the US Capitol, Trump suggested that the GOP official could be criminally prosecuted if he did not help overturn the 2020 election.
While the call has previously been reported on, first by The Washington Post, The Journal obtained the audio of the call.

You can read a transcript below.

Unknown: Ms. Watson, the president.

Donald Trump: Hello, Frances. How are you?

Frances Watson: Hello, Mr. President. I am actually doing very well.

Trump: Good. Well you have a big fan in our great chief, right? Chief of staff, Mark.

Watson: I did! I met him. I, um, it was a pleasure to meet him yesterday.

Trump: That is great. He's a great — he was a big success for us. He was a great congressman and then, when you lead by 35 points it's hard to get people out of there, but I tried very hard, for two years. And we got him, and he's done a fantastic job. I just wanted to thank you for everything. He told me you've been great.
And you know, look, this country is counting on it. Because it's very interesting. So I won Florida in a record number. Ohio in a record. Texas in a record. Alabama by 40 — 40 points. And I won everything but Georgia. And, you know, and I won Georgia. I know that. By a lot. And the people know it. And, you know, something happened. Something bad happened.

And I hope you're doing that [inaudible] — you know, I hope you're going back two years, as opposed to just checking, you know, one against the other because that would just sort of be a signature check that didn't mean anything.

But if you go back two years, and if you can get to Fulton, you are going to find things that are going to be unbelievable. The dishonesty that we've heard from — 

Watson: Right.

Trump: Rudy —  you know, just good sources. Really good sources. But Fulton. Fulton is the motherload, you know, as the expression goes. Fulton County —

Trump: And, uh.

Watson: Well, Mr. President, I appreciate your comment. And I can assure you that our team, and the GBI, that we're only interested in the truth.

Trump: That's great.

Watson: And finding the information that's based on the facts. We've been working 12-, 16-hour days. And— 

Trump: Great.

Watson: — you know we're working through it. So I can assure you that. I do appreciate you calling. I know that you're very, very busy, a very important man, and I'm very honored that you called. And, you know, and quite— 
Trump: It's so important what you're doing.

Watson: Quite frankly I'm shocked that you would take time to do that, but I am very appreciative.

Trump: Yeah, Mark asked me to do it. He thinks you're great. You know, you just have the most important job in the country right now, because if we win Georgia — first of all, if we win, you're going to have two wins. They're not going to win right now, you know. They're down. Because the people of Georgia are so angry at what happened to me. They know I won. Won by hundreds of thousands of votes. It wasn't close.

And Alabama, you know… I won South Carolina in a record. Alabama in a record. Florida in a record. You know, I won Florida by 6- or 700,000 votes. It's never happened before with a Republican. With all the money they spent. You know, you heard all that, these guys going down, spending a fortune.
And we won Texas by a record. Texas was won by the biggest, the biggest number ever. And it, you know. And Ohio of course. You know that. You know about that. That was won by nine points or something. And it's… all of it. Iowa. And it never made sense. And, you know, they dropped ballots. They dropped all these ballots. 

Stacey Abrams. Really, really terrible. Just a terrible thing.

And I will say this. If and when — I mean, hopefully this will show, because if you go back two years or four years you're going to see it's a totally different signature — but, but hopefully when the right answer comes out you'll be praised. I mean, I don't know why, you know they've made it so hard. They will be praised. People will say, "Great." Because that's what it's about. That ability to check and to make it right. Because everyone knows it's wrong. There's just no way.

You know, they had people in Georgia, for instance, that won, and I was way ahead of them, and they won because of me — you know I pulled them, as they call it, coattails — we pulled them across and they say, "There's no way I beat you by 15 points," you know. I've had that — we've had plenty of those calls too.
So, anyway. But whatever you can do, Frances. It's a great thing. It's an important thing for the country. So important. You have no idea, it's so important.

Watson: Well, Mr. — 

Trump: And I very much appreciate it.

Watson: Well, I appreciate your call. And I hope you and your family have a very healthy and happy Christmas. And I certainly appreciate you and everything that you've done.

Trump: Well, and I appreciate it too, Frances. Do you think they'll be working after Christmas, to keep it going fast? Because, you know, we have that date of the 6th, which is a very important date.

Watson: Right, right. I know you've got that coming up. And I can assure you that I'm going to be working and we're going to be working. And it's— 

Trump: Good.

Watson: And I appreciate it. And you know, our team's out there working, you know. We've got pandemic—

Trump: I hear the Georgia, it's not the FBI, what was it, the BI, right?

Trump: But I hear, I hear they're fantastic. And I hear that I'm 96% with them, so that's good, okay.

Watson: [laughter]

Trump: But say hello to those guys. Tell them I appreciate it very much. Let 'em all know.

Watson: I will certainly do that.

Trump: You just take care. Call anytime you need, if you need help. Call me. Mark has the number. Mark appreciates it, but I wanted to call you and thank you.

Watson: Well, thank you so much. And you have a good evening.

Trump: Thanks, Frances. Take care. Have a good Christmas and everything. So long. Thanks, Frances.

Watson: Thank you. Goodbye.

Trump: Appreciate it. Bye.

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

So this is 2X he’s openly been caught trying to get an official to manipulate voting results. 

I wonder how many other times there are that we haven’t heard about

I'm sure you're more than willing to look into this for years on end, but no alleged incidents of voter fraud that might harm dems.  :classic_laugh:

6 hours ago, Thebowflexbody said:

I'm sure you're more than willing to look into this for years on end, but no alleged incidents of voter fraud that might harm dems.  :classic_laugh:

You mean that thing that there's no actual evidence of? See the thing about Donald Trump trying to get people to manipulate the election in his favor on recorded conversations is that those conversations and those recordings are evidence. So there is actual evidence of Donald Trump trying to manipulate the results of the election but there is no evidence of Democrats trying to manipulate the results of the election.

But why bother? You are a trump loving piece of shit with the mind of a slug

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Meanwhile, in reality, they're catching people right in Georgia.

35 voter fraud cases in Georgia turned over for prosecution

ATLANTA – The State Election Board has referred 35 cases of election-law violations to the attorney general or local district attorneys for criminal prosecution.

“Election fraud is not tolerated in Georgia. When there is evidence of it, the people responsible face prosecution,” Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, chairman of the five-member board, said in a news release. “Georgia has multiple safeguards in place that allow our team of investigators to discover fraudulent voting. They worked to catch the wrongdoing in these cases, and they maintain the security of Georgia elections.”

The Secretary of State’s Office investigation division has 23 sworn officers with arrest power and vast experience as detectives in law enforcement. They impartially investigate allegations of voting irregularities and present their findings to the board, which can levy fines, issue a letter of instruction or refer the case for prosecution.

Among the cases bound over for prosecution were four incidents of felons voting or registering to vote, four cases of non-citizens voting or registering to vote, and one case of misplaced ballots during the 2020 general election, which didn’t change the outcome but did affect the total. (Sack Note: Bull shit!) Also bound over for prosecution were canvassers for two organizations trying to register people to vote, including one who allegedly submitted registration applications they knew were false.

Of those bound over for prosecution Wednesday for alleged violations of Georgia election law, the most noteworthy are:

♦ The New Georgia Project, which allegedly submitted 1,268 voter registration applications after the 10-day deadline, causing voters to be disenfranchised in the March 19, 2019 special election;

♦ Samunta Shomine Pittman of Atlanta for allegedly submitting 70 false voter registration applications while canvassing for the Coalition for the People’s Agenda;

♦ Floyd Jones and the Fayette County Board of Elections and Voter Registration where he was director at the time for alleged improper handling of four memory cards registering 2,760 votes in the Nov. 3, 2020 general election;

♦ Joseph Lee Blackmon of Atlanta for allegedly registering to vote while serving a felony sentence;

♦ Hassan Dawud Musaddiq of Decatur for allegedly voting while serving a felony sentence;

♦ Michael M. Ware of Columbus for allegedly voting while serving a felony sentence;

♦ Brian Keith Pritchard of Cherry Log for allegedly voting while serving a felony sentence;

♦ Talibah Fagueera Fatimah Bint Abdul Hamid Bratton of Lilburn for allegedly submitting a false voter registration application;

♦ Sharmaine Swift of Lithonia for allegedly submitting a false voter registration application;

♦ Sophia Sharpe of Valdosta for allegedly voting in another person’s name;

♦ Albert Niks of Winder for allegedly voting as a non-citizen;

♦ Sean Watson of Covington for allegedly voting as a non-citizen;

♦ Clifton Seymour Salmon of Fairburn for allegedly registering to vote as a non-citizen;

♦ Hurlstone Hendy of Locust Grove for allegedly voting as a non-citizen.

• Haha 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

How many votes did Biden win by in Georgia??

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Looks like the "find the fraud" got DEBOONK'D!!!1!

• Thanks 1

process.jpg
seandelevan said:
Fuck this team
StraightJ said:
I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!
BertSquirtgum said:
Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy
Mainejays said:
Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.
image-trump-emoticon.png
212frawk said:
also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

deboonker.jpeg

• Like 1

process.jpg
seandelevan said:
Fuck this team
StraightJ said:
I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!
BertSquirtgum said:
Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy
Mainejays said:
Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.
image-trump-emoticon.png
212frawk said:
also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

Guys, he's a Patriots fan. You can't expect any kind of intellectual discourse from someone like that.

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

3 hours ago, Woody said:
Looks like the "find the fraud" got DEBOONK'D!!!1!

I expect @HipKat to issue a retraction and tell us that he's very, VERY sorry for pimping disinfo.

pxK2mbJf.png

Parler @NYexile

1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

I expect @HipKat to issue a retraction and tell us that he's very, VERY sorry for pimping disinfo.

pxK2mbJf.png

Well how about that.....

4 hours ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Well how about that.....

Well how about this?

Donald Trump
stated on January 2, 2021 in a phone call with Georgia's Secretary of State:
“We won Georgia easily. We won it by hundreds of thousands of votes.”
pants-fire

Donald Trump falsely claims Georgia victory in recorded call

President Donald Trump sought to change the result of the presidential election in Georgia during a Jan. 2 phone call with Georgia’s secretary of state. As they spoke, Trump repeatedly claimed that he won the contest in the state, despite the final count that delivered victory to President-elect Joe Biden.

"We won very substantially, Georgia. You even see it by rally size, frankly," Trump said at the beginning of the call with Brad Raffensperger, according to an audio recording.

Trump echoed his claim several times in the call, at one point saying: "We won Georgia easily. We won it by hundreds of thousands of votes. But if you go by basic, simple numbers, we won it easily, easily."

Raffensperger during the call rejected Trump’s assertions: "Well, Mr. President, the challenge that you have is the data you have is wrong."

Election results in Georgia were counted three times: the initial count, an audit-triggered hand recount, and a formal recount requested by the Trump campaign. Both recounts supported the original outcome: that Biden won in the state. The election results were certified in late November and recertified Dec. 7.

Seek help. soflabillsfan

One of the things that separates mainstream media from YouTube and right wing crank sites is that mainstream media DOES issue corrections and retractions when they come across information that contradicts their initial story.

Whereas right wing stories can be COMPLETELY refuted and just reappear somewhere else with no modifications and have to be refuted all over again, with no acknowledgement of the previous debunking.

Not that that would matter to idiots like Sack. Wanna guess what that reason is? (hint: it begins with the letter "T" and ends with the letter "ribalism").

This does seem like sloppy journalism by the Post though. I don't think there was any intent to mislead since only an idiot would do that knowing that the truth will eventually come out anyway. But they clearly made an error so issuing a correction was obviously necessary.

But I agree its also pretty much a nothingburger.

• Trump 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

See look at that, he couldn't even apologize and to boot he thinks the MSM issues retractions. Yeah, maybe on page 20 in small print as a technicality. He still hasn't figured out that he was lied about how horrible Trump was for 4 years and now he's believing the lies about how wonderful Resident Xiden is since January. You can't teach an old flabby dog new tricks.

Parler @NYexile

8 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

See look at that, he couldn't even apologize and to boot he thinks the MSM issues retractions. Yeah, maybe on page 20 in small print as a technicality. He still hasn't figured out that he was lied about how horrible Trump was for 4 years and now he's believing the lies about how wonderful Resident Xiden is since January. You can't teach an old flabby dog new tricks.

And you're still a brainwashed piece of shit that thinks the same far right media pieces I posted about are factual. And Trump was a fucking disaster. Every single thing he touched turned to shit. Everything. The only lies were the tens of thousands that Trump told, which you still refuse to acknowledge

Seek help. soflabillsfan