Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Legs

Kick Returner to replace Andre Roberts? WR to replace John Brown? Does both?

It maybe we need to replace Andre Roberts because of a tight budget.  It maybe we have to release John Brown because of a lack of funds.   Also, Isiah McKenzie is on the "not sure if coming back" list.

WR Ihmire Smith-Marsette could slip to the 5th  (he had a DUI).....and might be able to handle kick returns, Jet sweeps and act as the #4 wide receiver.     If he is there in the 5th,  I would roll the dice.  

Draft OL-Dillion Radunz, TE Tommy Tremble, OG-Quinn Meinerz 

2 hours ago, 212frawk said:

resign McKenzie and get rid of brown and roberts. 

problem solved.

McKenzie is okay.   It is hard to tell from his stats how effective he really is on jet sweeps.   He had 10 rushes for 9 yards for the year.

Which is not accurate.  A lot of his jet sweeps were technically passes.  

He alright.   Maybe we can resign him.  Maybe he can do more.

25 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

McKenzie is okay.   It is hard to tell from his stats how effective he really is on jet sweeps.   He had 10 rushes for 9 yards for the year.

Which is not accurate.  A lot of his jet sweeps were technically passes.  

He alright.   Maybe we can resign him.  Maybe he can do more.

He proved he can return, he catches the ball when they throw it to him (rarely) and he has speed.  He replaces Roberts in the return game and replaces Brown's speed in the passing game.  They still need another receiver but for a lot less money v the value they got out of Brown last year. or if they are going to spend $9MM on a WR, they need waaaay more production than Brown gave them.

1 hour ago, 212frawk said:

He proved he can return, he catches the ball when they throw it to him (rarely) and he has speed.  He replaces Roberts in the return game and replaces Brown's speed in the passing game.  They still need another receiver but for a lot less money v the value they got out of Brown last year. or if they are going to spend $9MM on a WR, they need waaaay more production than Brown gave them.

John Brown gotta go.    Need that money to pay Jon Feliciano.

Then Diggs, Beasley, Gab Davis plus another guy make for a solid group.   The thing is if we had a real threat at Tight End your #4 WR wouldn't see the field much, in that case McKenzie would be fine as a floater.

Resign Roberts. How quickly you all forget the many many series we started with great field position because of him. 

Yeah I know McKenzie had a great game returning too. It was one game. Uno. Against the fucking Dolphins. Roberts has had 2 years worth of them. Don't roll the dice on this one. Roberts is a must resign. 

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

I like Rondale Moore a lot, if he's there at 30, he'd replace Roberts this year, replaces McKenzie this year and next year or two he replaces Beasley. 

23 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

It maybe we need to replace Andre Roberts because of a tight budget.  It maybe we have to release John Brown because of a lack of funds.   Also, Isiah McKenzie is on the "not sure if coming back" list.

WR Ihmire Smith-Marsette could slip to the 5th  (he had a DUI).....and might be able to handle kick returns, Jet sweeps and act as the #4 wide receiver.     If he is there in the 5th,  I would roll the dice.  

Good thinking.

20 hours ago, Baldat28 said:

I like Rondale Moore a lot, if he's there at 30, he'd replace Roberts this year, replaces McKenzie this year and next year or two he replaces Beasley. 

I saw this quote......"Rondale Moore is a miniaturized version of Tyreek Hill" 

Smaller than Tyreek eh?    He better be faster than Hill, or I can't see a team taking him in the 1st round.  
PS I have not seen him play...and he opted out of the 2020 season so his draft stock will be interesting to watch.