drpepper

Matt Milano will test free agency, likely signaling an end to his time in Buffalo

The Bills’ salary-cap constraints will prompt starting linebacker Matt Milano to explore free agency next month, John Wawrow of The Associated Press reports. Milano, 26, will hit the market as one of the top linebackers available. It likely means his time in Buffalo has ended, something General Manager Brandon Beane recently sounded resigned to. The [more]

View the full article

The Bills’ salary-cap constraints will prompt starting linebacker Matt Milano to explore free agency next month, John Wawrow of The Associated Press reports.

Milano, 26, will hit the market as one of the top linebackers available. It likely means his time in Buffalo has ended, something General Manager Brandon Beane recently sounded resigned to.

The Bills aren’t alone in being salary-cap strapped, with the cap falling from last season’s $198 million. The Bills are estimated to have about $3 million available if the cap falls to the minimum $180 million and will create space by cutting players and/or restructuring contracts.

Still, they aren’t expected to have room to make a competitive offer to Milano, who has started 38 games in his four seasons.

The Bills made him a fifth-round choice in 2017.

Injuries limited him to 10 games and five starts last season, but Milano still posted career highs with 3.5 sacks and nine quarterback pressures. He also had an interception.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

We knew this.

Beane gave us all kinds of hints during his press conference.

Plus anyone with a calculator could tell there was no room to make him a competitive offer.  

Draft OL-Dillion Radunz, TE Tommy Tremble, OG-Quinn Meinerz, 

I love him but you don't pay top dollar for a guy who can not play a full season

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LIBills said:

For the love of God now, please move Edmunds outside.

If the Bills do Pre-Draft Visits with college prospects who play Mike LB, you may be getting your wish...

• Like 1

Draft OL-Dillion Radunz, TE Tommy Tremble, OG-Quinn Meinerz, 

I think his fate was sealed when our defense underperformed in AFC championship game. Defense was better against KC without him. 

• Thanks 1

It is the way.

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2021 #Bowl or Bust 2020

It’ll be a loss for both him and Buffalo. He’ll get paid but he likely won’t be playing for as good of an organization. Money trumps winning for many athletes, which is disheartening for the most loyal of fans. 

• Like 2

On 2/20/2021 at 6:12 PM, Psycho79 said:

It’ll be a loss for both him and Buffalo. He’ll get paid but he likely won’t be playing for as good of an organization. Money trumps winning for many athletes, which is disheartening for the most loyal of fans. 

I got over it a long time ago.  Players like Matt, who've made very little money so far due to being a 5th round pick, need to get it while they can.  Plus, he's 27 so this is his big chance to cash in.  

On 2/19/2021 at 5:57 PM, LIBills said:

For the love of God now, please move Edmunds outside.

I'm not so sure he'd be better out there.  What makes you think so?

11 minutes ago, Buffalo13 said:

I got over it a long time ago.  Players like Matt, who've made very little money so far due to being a 5th round pick, need to get it while they can.  Plus, he's 27 so this is his big chance to cash in.  

I'm not so sure he'd be better out there.  What makes you think so?

Less read and react.