Sign in to follow this  
SackMan518

While the Xiden Admin Flounders, Individual States and Foreign Countries Fight Big Tech

It's starting here in the US by future President Ron DeSantis but now foreign countries have joined into the fight against Big Tech. Eventually the Federal government has to take on these monopolies but I don't expect it to happen any time soon by a Democrat run administration. What say you?

Florida Gov. DeSantis goes to war against ‘Big Tech,’ citing censorship of Trump

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis launched an offensive against “Big Tech” on Tuesday, warning that the social media platforms are targeting politicians like former President Donald Trump now but will soon be coming for regular American citizens, vowing to combat the threat.

“Today they may come after someone who looks like me. Tomorrow they may come after someone who looks like you,” DeSantis, a Republican, said during a news conference outside the state Capitol as he announced the Transparency in Technology Act.

The governor said he intends to “protect privacy” from the “oligarchs in Silicon Valley”  – Google, Facebook and Twitter – because the platforms have “changed from neutral platforms to enforcers of preferred narratives.”

“I’m committed to addressing what may be one of the most pervasive threats to American self-government in the 21st century,” he said.

He singled out Twitter for suspending Trump’s account “due to the risk of further incitement of violence” after Jan. 6’s Capitol riots and Amazon closing its servers to the social media alternative Parler.

“What about the 88 million Americans who chose to follow Donald Trump? Sorry. Content moderators on Twitter pulled the plug,” DeSantis said.

Australian Lawmakers ‘Will Not Be Intimidated’ – Reject Big Tech Pleas for Leniency

Google has threatened to remove its search engine from the entire country if the proposed legislation goes into effect.

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison has responded to Google’s warnings, stating: “We don’t respond to threats. Australia makes our rules for things you can do in Australia. That’s done in our Parliament. It’s done by our government. And that’s how things work here in Australia.”

Frydenberg said the government took seriously Google’s threat to stop making its search engine available in Australia altogether, but agreed with Morrison that Australia will not be intimidated by tech companies.

“I don’t dismiss the threats, but I’m not intimidated by them either,” Frydenberg said, when asked if Google was bluffing.

At a Senate inquiry into the planned law earlier this month, local heads of both companies outlined their opposition to the plans, which would be among the toughest in the world in dealing with the financial impact of global internet companies on domestic media, which have been hit by shrinking advertising revenue.

“We’re told that if we go ahead with this, we’re going to break the internet,” Frydenberg said, dismissing the pleas of Facebook and Google for a free ride.

“What I do know is that media businesses should be paid for content.”

sipping mark zuckerberg GIF

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

23 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

What say you?

Big tech owns our government so I don't expect them to do anything about it.  As for Russia, by protecting their citizens they're also protecting their disinformation cells so that's a bit of a double edged blade.  :niterider:

• Like 1

process.jpg
seandelevan said:
Fuck this team
StraightJ said:
I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!
BertSquirtgum said:
Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy
Mainejays said:
Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.
image-trump-emoticon.png
212frawk said:
also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

Take the politics out of it. If you had someone stacking the deck in your favor and over half the country doesn’t care, would you say anything? 

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

9 hours ago, Nuke said:

Take the politics out of it. If you had someone stacking the deck in your favor and over half the country doesn’t care, would you say anything? 

Oh hell yes, if the Republicans were doing it I'd feel the same way just like I spoke out against the Patriot Act when that was on the table. As for the Range Leftists, I can't say they have the same moral fortitude.

• Like 1

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

6 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Oh hell yes, if the Republicans were doing it I'd feel the same way just like I spoke out against the Patriot Act when that was on the table. As for the Range Leftists, I can't say they have the same moral fortitude.

Maybe. Social media played a huge roll in getting Biden elected. Pre-election people posted the video of Biden telling the union worker “I don’t work for you.” And it would get flagged as misinformation. How is that misinformation? It a video of him actually saying it. Try mentioning Hunter. Yet, anything bad about Trump, true, embellished or straight out lie could stay up. Now, you can’t post a lot of anti Biden stuff. So he knows he needs to keep Twitter and Facebook going because it’s his best chance of getting re-elected. And my guess is over half of the country doesn’t care, because it’s not directly effecting them. It sucks. That’s how  it is. I’m afraid that we’re heading towards a one party system. 

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

13 minutes ago, Nuke said:

Maybe. Social media played a huge roll in getting Biden elected. Pre-election people posted the video of Biden telling the union worker “I don’t work for you.” And it would get flagged as misinformation. How is that misinformation? It a video of him actually saying it. Try mentioning Hunter. Yet, anything bad about Trump, true, embellished or straight out lie could stay up. Now, you can’t post a lot of anti Biden stuff. So he knows he needs to keep Twitter and Facebook going because it’s his best chance of getting re-elected. And my guess is over half of the country doesn’t care, because it’s not directly effecting them. It sucks. That’s how  it is. I’m afraid that we’re heading towards a one party system. 

There's a lot of truth is what you said but don't count the little guy out just yet. I think alt-tech is poised to make a huge leap in the coming months with new platforms and ways to communicate outside of centralized servers. They can't stop it all.

• Like 1

Parler @NYexile

I don't think any of us need to worry about Senile Joe Biden getting re-elected.  Running for re-election at the age of 82 when his brain is already swiss cheese?  Don't see it happening.