Sign in to follow this  
zanthrax54

BBR: Taking a pass on the free-agent crop of running backs

NFL: Atlanta Falcons at Los Angeles Chargers Robert Hanashiro-USA TODAY Sports

Not the group the Bills should address in free agency

A hot topic with fans of the Buffalo Bills is around the future of the running back position. It is arguably a group that underperformed in 2020, and the debate continues on what the team can do to fix these issues.

While the thought of adding a veteran running back like Todd Gurley or James White is appealing to some, I do not think this is the solution for the Bills. I get into the details in the latest podcast, where I would be more comfortable upgrading through the draft (hello there, Travis Etienne) or rolling with Zack Moss and Devin Singletary.

You can hear all of my thoughts in this episode of Breaking Buffalo Rumblings, and be sure to share your own feedback in the comments section.

Subscribe to the Buffalo Rumblings podcast channel featuring Billieve, Buffalo Rumblings Q&A, Breaking Buffalo Rumblings, Code of Conduct with J. Spence, The Bruce Exclusive, The Buff Hub, Jamie D. and Big Newt, The Mafia Mavens, and Circling the Wagons:

Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Spotify | Podbean | iHeartRadio | TuneIn | Megaphone

Ask Alexa or Google Home to play the Buffalo Rumblings podcast!

Editor’s note: If you’re viewing this article on Apple News, the embedded audio will be removed. Click through to the site in your browser or listen on iTunes.

View the full article

The Buffalo Bills....

:rolleyes2

REBUILDING SINCE 2000!

To Fitzpatrick, Levitre, Kelsay, Mcgee, Barnett, Wilson, Jones, Nelson, Rinehart, McIntyre, Merriman, Shepperd, Scott, White, Wanny, and Mr. Chan Gailey...

It was real, it was fun, it just wasn't REAL FUN!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NEWVILLE MUD DAWGS FEVER BABY! We might not be very good right now, but we have infinite heart! Alot like the Bills! ;) HALLA!

http://www.muddawgsfootball.com

I keep coming back to either you need to find someone different than what we have (dynamic back) to play behind a slightly above average line or you run with what you have and build a better line.

Still intrigued to see what Wade could do.  From a Rugby background he sees the field differently than a traditional NFL player and that could be either a very good thing or something horribly bad.

If I had a fixed budget, I'd stick with what we have this year and spend it on the O-Line.

Beane mentioned during his Press Conference, when asked what his “focus” would be on this offseason in terms of improving the overall team:

“Maybe a little more balance on the run game,” Beane said. “The ability to run it when you have to.”

“Things like that which will help your offense because you’re not always going to be able to track meet everybody up and down the field,” Beane added.

“I think it’s unfair to look at the running backs to point blame on the running backs. Running the football  is very complex. It’s the O-line, it’s the tight ends, it’s the receivers. If one guy doesn’t make his block, the play is probably dead,” Beane said.

“I’m not looking at Devin Singletary or Zack Moss and thinking those guys came up short for us,” Beane concluded.

FOCUS will be improving the run game.   So you would have to think that means looking hard at the options on the OLine.

I wonder what happens with TJ Yeldon.  He always does well when he plays.  At least as well as Singletary.   And what about Antonio Williams?  

IF, IF the Bills really solidify their OLINE in Free Agency and have no need to draft an OT or IOL, then looking at Najee Harris, RB with the 30th pick would be an interesting debate to have....

Draft OL-Dillion Radunz, TE Tommy Tremble, OG-Quinn Meinerz 

no RBs in 1st round please

Proud adopter of #54 AJ Klein and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Ninety-five Percents

2 hours ago, Topas said:

I have agreed with that statement for 20+ years.

But when you read scouting reports that Najee Harris is best compared to Derrick Henry you at least stop and think about that fantasy.

Bottom line is the Bills need to upgrade their Offensive Line.  It is not Jordan Mills and Ed Wang bad, but it obviously needs to be better in the run blocking.
Beane says he likes Mitch Morse, but at the same time says he is no bulldozer blocker.   

I don't know how the Bills upgrade OLine in Free agency, so the draft will be important.    Gotta resign Feliciano too.  

PS I hope and think Beane is not rolling the dice on Cody Ford being a high quality starter.   Give him a shot, but have other options.

Draft OL-Dillion Radunz, TE Tommy Tremble, OG-Quinn Meinerz 

7 hours ago, Topas said:

Our 1st rounder this year is the 30th pick. Long gone are days are the days of picking in the 10's or earlier. There I agree no runners. But at 30 ??? If the best one is available by all means go for it. 

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon: